Preview Changes + Preview Thread, Round 24/2023 v Victorian Glenelg at (Port) Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasia as sub is the worse possible outcome. He either plays or does not.

If he is sub and gets injured in the first 5 min of being on we could play the game a man down for the whole game. He is that brittle.

16 pressure acts sounds impressive until you realise that makes him equal 32nd for most pressure acts applied by general forwards in round 23. Like, not even 32nd of all players, but of general forwards.
Yes. I've said this before. He's not even that good at the one thing he's supposed to be good at.

SPP and DBJ are both much better defensive forwards in our side alone before you even consider McEntee's lack of offensive impact.

Lord has shown can bring ball to ground and have a shot at goals, 1 against freo from close.
Visentini before been given first ruck duties in sanfl and then afl showed can mark up forward and kick straight.
Any thoughts on taking lords spot until dixon available?

Cam Hitchcock v2.0

Though personally if he can get through another 2-3 SANFL games, I don't mind him as an AFL sub. Reality is he will be injured before then though.
Can Hitchcock was more hardy that Fantasia.

I was always disgusted in 2012 the hate from the stands Cam got from supporters, it was extremely disappointing.

The only change, with the existing injury list, that I would make is Visentini for Lord.

Jones doesn't seem quite right yet, so hopefully will get back to his best.

I'm fine with McEntee. Fast, switched on, very good defensive forward, and highly team-oriented. Accurate kick too. Can't see what the fuss is about.

No doubt if we had another Rioli his position would be taken, but we don't.

Orazio for Jed? As if!

People are living in a fantasy land if they think that one week out from finals we're going to replace a player who hasn't missed a game since round three with a player who hasn't played a game since round three.

Jed Heads will be watching our boy play finals footy. Deal with it, haters.

I've never been a Lycett critic but I can't see the logic in rushing him back underdone for a finals series when Hayes is doing a decent job. The gap between them just isn't big enough to justify the risk.

Dixon for Lord and McKenzie for Jonas are different because the gap in quality between the players is significant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never been a Lycett critic but I can't see the logic in rushing him back underdone for a finals series when Hayes is doing a decent job. The gap between them just isn't big enough to justify the risk.

Dixon for Lord and McKenzie for Jonas are different because the gap in quality between the players is significant.
If Hayes keeps playing the way he has been for the past couple of games, I'd agree with this. It's never been about the talent with Sam.

Any chance you blokes throw this game to finish 4th and avoid the GABBA in week 1?

Nah. Richmond are more interested the the VFL side than the AFL side this week.

We would need Ken/Bassett/Josh Carr playing and Jason Horne Francis/Rozee/Butters coaching to lose a this.

Butters needs the Brownlow votes.

If Fantasia is fit, as suggested by his non appearance on the injury list, then failing to select him this week would signal we have given up on him for the rest of the year and that we probably will delist him. I suspect he'll get selected to test the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back