Preview Changes R13 Bulldogs vs Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely better back than forward but he may be able to play a fwd role effectively enough in Darcy and Naughton's absence. Better than any other current tall option anyway if we want to preserve a 3 tall fwd structure.

I think Khamis showed much more as a forward in his games there, if we're determined to keep the set up.

O'Donnell was well and truly lost. He was thrown in the deepend last season but with no forwards training in the past 12 months I'm not sure how anything would be different.

I think Khamis showed much more as a forward in his games there, if we're determined to keep the set up.

O'Donnell was well and truly lost. He was thrown in the deepend last season but with no forwards training in the past 12 months I'm not sure how anything would be different.
Khamis doesn't fill me with confidence.

It will be a very interesting selection this week.

Khamis is only serviceable as a lead-out from the square, high volume target % forward, which he won't be with Ugle-Hagan in the side.

What we need is somebody to either be a goal kicking threat from half-forward, or a more defensive option to push high to the wings for the bail out kick. I'm not convinced anybody that's available (except Bont, who I suspect we will need in the midfield) could do the former. Of the latter, it's pretty much English or a defender IMO.

Khamis is only serviceable as a lead-out from the square, high volume target % forward, which he won't be with Ugle-Hagan in the side.

What we need is somebody to either be a goal kicking threat from half-forward, or a more defensive option to push high to the wings for the bail out kick. I'm not convinced anybody that's available (except Bont, who I suspect we will need in the midfield) could do the former. Of the latter, it's pretty much English or a defender IMO.

And Khamis only played forward when Jamarra was out of the side so there is definitely a thought that they wouldn’t complement each other.

I just think O’Donnell forward again would be one of the crazier moves to try and sort out the situation. He wasn’t just less than serviceable last season, but a genuine liability. He would be feeling more comfortable at the level now after 20(?) odd games in the league now but I don’t think he’s suddenly going to offer what we’re looking for.

English would obviously be good in the role but if they were unwilling to play him in that role when we had Sweet, I can’t see them suddenly doing it now without a developed back up. Probably unnecessary when Lobb is playing as well. Think the most likely option is just going in with the smaller forward line with Bont having a few more stints forward. If they are determined to keep three talls though I can only see Buku being an option. I’d be more inclined to see a raw Croft forward than a raw JOD.

Would just put Bont forward as the third tall and have Richards, Libba, Treloar and our young brigade to hold up the midfield.
This. Can put Bont in the guts during red time or if the game is tight.

Am I crazy for not really seeing the high contact in the Darcy/Maynard incident? Smack bang in the middle of the shoulder blades yes but the contact with the head is part of the secondary action and very minimal.

Fox Footy just showing a Rhylee Weat incident too saying he’s in trouble.

Uh oh, Westy might get a week for his bump on Howe too. Similar to his week he got against Freo for bumping Walker. Not much Malice but looks to have collected him high and went past the footy. Damn, bad timing...

In: McNeil, Richards, Libba, Baker
Out: Vandermeer, Darcy, Harmes, West

Obviously dependant on availability of Richards, Libba, Vandermeer, Darcy and West. Regardless, don’t think we need a tall to replace Darcy

Maybe Scott straight back in also, especially if we are missing Harmes, Laith and Westy? He had done enough to get a look in two weeks ago, barely played that game and has missed since so hasn't played for 3 weeks from game to game might be an issue? But good utility type to maybe step up and play a role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh oh, Westy might get a week for his bump on Howe too. Similar to his week he got against Freo for bumping Walker. Not much Malice but looks to have collected him high and went past the footy. Damn, bad timing...

**** sake this games becoming a joke. It’s a contact sport and shit is going to happen. Some of the shit players get away with.

Wasn’t even a bump 😂
Yep it was. I absolutely don't want him to miss, but ball was on the ground, he beelined at Howe (just to shepherd / put some body contact on, nothing sinister or too forceful), tucked his arm in and ended up collecting him in the side of the head with Howe going down holding his face.

Absolutely sucks but it is very much in line with a ton of previous incidents this year and I can see it being a week. Would love to be wrong.

Yep it was. I absolutely don't want him to miss, but ball was on the ground, he beelined at Howe (just to shepherd / put some body contact on, nothing sinister or too forceful), tucked his arm in and ended up collecting him in the side of the head with Howe going down holding his face.

Absolutely sucks but it is very much in line with a ton of previous incidents this year and I can see it being a week. Would love to be wrong.
Haha you call that a bump 🤦‍♂️ I will stop following the afl if players cop a week for that

West soccered the ball off the ground and kicked a behind, then ran into Howe. Nothing like Freo incident.

Haha you call that a bump 🤦‍♂️ I will stop following the afl if players cop a week for that
No I don't, but the AFL does. Have you not seen the incidents this year that every week when they pop up, people scream the game has gone soft and they are going to stop following footy? I hate it and don't think it should be a week, but I have seen a lot of similar ones where the player gets suspended for it.

Would love to be wrong.

Also agree the journos getting so excited trying to pick these out and drum up some excitement for suspensions is very cringe worthy.

No I don't, but the AFL does. Have you not seen the incidents this year that every week when they pop up, people scream the game has gone soft and they are going to stop following footy? I hate it and don't think it should be a week, but I have seen a lot of similar ones where the player gets suspended for it.

Would love to be wrong.

Also agree the journos getting so excited trying to pick these out and drum up some excitement for suspensions is very cringe worthy.
May as well play touch footy how the game is going

Would love to be wrong.

1717219962896.png

The hope is, they grade it careless, low impact and high contact and gets away with a fine. The Walker one earlier in the year was a higher impact and Walker went off for a HIA test which didn't help. Howe went down holding his face, but got up and was ok, so low impact is what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back