Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

How many changes do you think there will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 'back in form' after 1 game.

Seriously, if you bring a player back after 1 good game, can we start to drop players for having 1 bad game?

If you can return to form after 1 game, does that mean you can lose it after 1 game as well? I can only assume Jenkins, Atkins, Seedsman, Milera and Kelly are now out of form after pathetic games on the weekend and will be dropped back to make way for those who are 'in form' from the SANFL - Betts, Gibbs, Douglas, Scholl and Jones
It’s they went to the pizza day then they are safe. Are you questioning our integrity on selection? How dare you! That’s insulting

He's 'back in form' after 1 game.

Seriously, if you bring a player back after 1 good game, can we start to drop players for having 1 bad game?

If you can return to form after 1 game, does that mean you can lose it after 1 game as well? I can only assume Jenkins, Atkins, Seedsman, Milera and Kelly are now out of form after pathetic games on the weekend and will be dropped back to make way for those who are 'in form' from the SANFL - Betts, Gibbs, Douglas, Scholl and Jones
Should not have been dropped. Stengle & eddie last week, dropping murphy, was the right move. Maybe the coaches have realised that having talented players in the team means that defenders stay near them and don't run around doing what they want all day instead, paying no attention to their opponent.
I do wonder though whether Eddiewas dropped due to form, as on the Thursday on AA he was critical of stengle being dropped after 1 (half decent) game, said he was pissed off. Then bingo 8 hours later he's dropped.

Gibbs should be back in place of Rat or Dmac. Eddie for Murphy. Stengle needs a few matches with Eddie. We need to get Jones, Butts or Scholl into the side somehow. Can we find a place for Greenwood up forward in place of Tex?
we need to try this more. He has X factor. We seem to have ruled a line through him as he doesn’t have the tank for midfield but he is incredibly hard matchup in the forward line.

Need to do something with the midfield and getting some speed in there... we dont get clearances either... adding greenwood up forward is not a bad play... will throw a different dynamic up there...

I had a dream last night, opening bounce against the saints and ROB taps it down to Gooch who gets tackled and Jones comes though and picks up the lose ball and delivers it lace out to the forward line. Hard to tell if it was this weekends game or it may have been a vision of 5 years time when these 2 finally get back into the team.

Anyway, my changes would be

In - Gooch, Jones, Gibbs, Betts, Forarty
Out - Mackay, Atkins, Knight, Murph, Otten

Saints have 2 main tall fowards in Membrey and Bruce so no need for 3 tall defenders. Kelly can take Membrey anyway if he needs as they are the same height.

Would be very surprised to see FOG come in but would love to see it, we desperately need a forward who can crash a pack and take a contested mark.

I think the biggest mistake we made was signing Lynch up at the end of last year. Jenkins made sense as he also pinch hits in ruck, but Lynch locks us in to a very slow forward line. Yes he is a very good player at times, but he's slow, applies ZERO forward pressure, doesn't chase and only tackles if he's within goal kicking distance. Lynch had good currency and would have attracted a very good draft pick in return. It would also have allowed some flexibility in our forward line.
I keep seeing people holding out hope we will get Lukosious back, but where does everyone think he's playing in our forward line? It's the same reason we struggle to find a role for Greenwood (ore even Fog) in the F50. A forward line of Walker, Lynch, Greenwood and Jenkins just isn't right and would get destroyed on the rebound (even more than we do now!)

I'd rather push Lynch to the wing completely, put Walker to FF and make Jenkins play CHF. If he refuses to compete at CHF then he goes out and Himmelberg comes in. Then you could have Greenwood forward for 70% game time and midfield for the rest. The rest of the forward line needs to be combinations fo guys who are either dangerous or who will work their backside off and tackle like crazy. My smalls would include Betts, Stengle, Jones, Knight (given a focus on defending their best rebound player), Sloane and maybe Murphy.

Sauce in for ROB only if ROB is concussed. Would be very interesting the following week when ROB is OK to see the mindset of selectors.....

Eddie, Gibbs, Jones, Fog, Scholl in for Murphy, Mackay, Atkins, Tex, Otten.

Can't justify H'berg in for JJ as berg wasn't good on the weekend, but JJ is on notice. Similarly can't justify Gooch this week, play him in the guts in the SANFL. I prefer Greenwood over Wilson, however seems harsh to drop Wilson after 1 game (and he wasn't our worst). Would be good to get Butts in at some stage too.

I
I think the biggest mistake we made was signing Lynch up at the end of last year. Jenkins made sense as he also pinch hits in ruck, but Lynch locks us in to a very slow forward line. Yes he is a very good player at times, but he's slow, applies ZERO forward pressure, doesn't chase and only tackles if he's within goal kicking distance. Lynch had good currency and would have attracted a very good draft pick in return. It would also have allowed some flexibility in our forward line.
I keep seeing people holding out hope we will get Lukosious back, but where does everyone think he's playing in our forward line? It's the same reason we struggle to find a role for Greenwood (ore even Fog) in the F50. A forward line of Walker, Lynch, Greenwood and Jenkins just isn't right and would get destroyed on the rebound (even more than we do now!)

I'd rather push Lynch to the wing completely, put Walker to FF and make Jenkins play CHF. If he refuses to compete at CHF then he goes out and Himmelberg comes in. Then you could have Greenwood forward for 70% game time and midfield for the rest. The rest of the forward line needs to be combinations fo guys who are either dangerous or who will work their backside off and tackle like crazy. My smalls would include Betts, Stengle, Jones, Knight (given a focus on defending their best rebound player), Sloane and maybe Murphy.
they have been playing Lukosious in defence

I had a dream last night, opening bounce against the saints and ROB taps it down to Gooch who gets tackled and Jones comes though and picks up the lose ball and delivers it lace out to the forward line. Hard to tell if it was this weekends game or it may have been a vision of 5 years time when these 2 finally get back into the team.

Anyway, my changes would be

In - Gooch, Jones, Gibbs, Betts, Forarty
Out - Mackay, Atkins, Knight, Murph, Otten

Saints have 2 main tall fowards in Membrey and Bruce so no need for 3 tall defenders. Kelly can take Membrey anyway if he needs as they are the same height.

Would be very surprised to see FOG come in but would love to see it, we desperately need a forward who can crash a pack and take a contested mark.

This

Club has made it clear they are in the eight and want to stay there

They will bring in whoever performed in the twos and especially if they know they can perform at AFL level

so based on what the club has said about wanting to stay in the eight

Gibbs Betts in maybe douglas
Sauce in if ROB concussed

out

Wilson Murphy
ROB if concussed

McHenry, McPherson and Doedee all must play this week...
Am I doing it right?
The amount of people that are just throwing up names for inclusion is astounding, the astounding part is how many have McHenry as one of them, I get we all want changes and we all want youth etc, I do myself but gee, if you don't know McHenry is injured your not really following much anyway so maybe not worthy of the team selection debate etc... At least know the players available if you want to ask for mass changes.. Thats just a sheep following situation occurring right now..

For what its worth:
Gibbs for Wilson
Betts for Murphy (Love his endeavor, but that's all he has)
Jones for Mackay (Play the boy on the wing and a few shifts in the center to inject some pace)
FOG for Otten (Saints aren't a massive tall forward side)
Gallucci for Knight (Gallucci can offer more attacking threat and Knight isnt showing any defensive pressure he should be to stay in)
Greenwood for Atkins (Greenwood offers more flexibility, tackling pressure and marking power to downhill skiier Atkins)

If Walker Injured then FOG for Walker and Butts for Otten or potentially even Butts for Kelly anyway.

Betts FOG Stengle
Jenkins Walker Lynch
Jones M Crouch Seedsman
Smith Hartigan Milera
Laird Talia Brown
ROB B Crouch Sloane
Gibbs Greenwood Gallucci Kelly/Butts

Gibbs as a Mid rotation/ half back? / Greenwood as a Mid/Forward rotation / Gallucci as a Forward rotation, potentially a few midfield minutes (Wont happen) and Kelly/Butts as Back Rotation.

Don Pyke and the rest of the selection panel's futures really hinge on what they decide this afternoon. Do they have the guts to drop serial vanilla players in Mackay, Atkins, Knight, Murphy and Haritgan and cut some slow one paced players in Otten, Davis and inject some youth and daring or will it be Douglas, Betts, Gibbs and Sauce coming back in?

Will they pick a side for attack or will it be another dour chip, chip, stop, chip, turnover oppo rush it down the ground and score with no pressure game style?

Fear it will be the latter in both cases.

If so I won't be going to any more games this year. Seriously considering membership for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need to try this more. He has X factor. We seem to have ruled a line through him as he doesn’t have the tank for midfield but he is incredibly hard matchup in the forward line.
I'd rather Tex there personally

Plus when there’s a ball up in the forward lines he provides an instant clearance option

I heard Eddie say that he (Eddie) has only just flown back from Melbourne. Not sure why he was even in Melbourne given he didn’t travel.
He was apparently still on the Gold Coast until at least Tuesday afternoon after that game for some reason, a few boys from footy said they saw him at one of the shopping centres..

Don Pyke and the rest of the selection panel's futures really hinge on what they decide this afternoon. Do they have the guts to drop serial vanilla players in Mackay, Atkins, Knight, Murphy and Haritgan and cut some slow one paced players in Otten, Davis and inject some youth and daring or will it be Douglas, Betts, Gibbs and Sauce coming back in?

Will they pick a side for attack or will it be another dour chip, chip, stop, chip, turnover oppo rush it down the ground and score with no pressure game style?

Fear it will be the latter in both cases.

If so I won't be going to any more games this year. Seriously considering membership for next year.

No it isn't on selection this afternoon

After what the club has let out this week their futures will be determined if they make the eight this year or not, they are currently in there can they maintain it, whether you agree with that or not that is what Tex Chapman Roo Pyke has said

time to shake things up, get some fresh faces and put everyone on notice that games aren't free. Half of the OUT's will fight their way back and half won't but I'm sick of seeing the same ins/outs week in week out for the last 4 years.

Out current structure just isn't working. Things need to change.

IN: Butts, Gibbs, Betts, Sholl, Jones, Greenwood, Fogarty, Gallucci,

OUT: Hartigan, Atkins, Wilson, Murphy, Otten, Mackay, Jenkins, Brown.

TEAM:

FB: Kelly , Butts , Sholl

HB: Laird , Talia , Gibbs

C: Smith , BCrouch , Milera

HF: Lynch , Walker , Gallucci

FF: Betts , Fogarty , Stengle

FOLL: O'Brien , Sloane , MCrouch

INT: Greenwood , Jones , Knight , Seedsman

(Play Greenwood as a 2nd ruck for very short bursts and in the forward line when needed)

From here on in, if we lose games - so be it - but to stick with the same core of 25-28 guys that Pyke has played since he arrived at the club is just stupid and killing us short AND long term.

time to shake things up, get some fresh faces and put everyone on notice that games aren't free. Half of the OUT's will fight their way back and half won't but I'm sick of seeing the same ins/outs week in week out for the last 4 years.

Out current structure just isn't working. Things need to change.

IN: Butts, Gibbs, Betts, Sholl, Jones, Greenwood, Fogarty, Gallucci,

OUT: Hartigan, Atkins, Wilson, Murphy, Otten, Mackay, Jenkins, Brown.

TEAM:

FB: Kelly , Butts , Sholl

HB: Laird , Talia , Gibbs

C: Smith , BCrouch , Milera

HF: Lynch , Walker , Gallucci

FF: Betts , Fogarty , Stengle

FOLL: O'Brien , Sloane , MCrouch

INT: Greenwood , Jones , Knight , Seedsman

(Play Greenwood as a 2nd ruck for very short bursts and in the forward line when needed)

From here on in, if we lose games - so be it - but to stick with the same core of 25-28 guys that Pyke has played since he arrived at the club is just stupid and killing us short AND long term.

You didn't listen to what Roo Chapman Tex said this week about being in the eight did you

Not saying your wrong but you can only go on what the club says

No it isn't on selection this afternoon

After what the club has let out this week their futures will be determined if they make the eight this year or not, they are currently in there can they maintain it, whether you agree with that or not that is what Tex Chapman Roo Pyke has said
If they don't make changes they won't make the 8. Current 22 aren't going to get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

Back