Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

How many changes do you think there will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If they don't make changes they won't make the 8. Current 22 aren't going to get it done.

I would probably agree that who ever we bring in we wont make the eight

As Ive said all along you need your highest paid players doing their job for obvious reasons they aren't

Forget Makay Murphy Otten Atkins, the big $$$ players like Tex Sloane Talia Betts need to play like $$$$$ players or pay big bucks to someone who will

You didn't listen to what Roo Chapman Tex said this week about being in the eight did you

Not saying your wrong but you can only go on what the club says
yeah totally understand and what I suggested in all likelihood won't happen, especially given this week will be our easiest game for the rest of the year. BUT and it's a big BUT - What is the point of somehow scraping into finals just to get belted first week - what does that achieve, why not get some games into players and spend the next month figuring out who we want and who don't come end of year.

As well as that, the current 24-25 players aren't hungry. They aren't desperate to keep their spot, drastic changes would make everyone hungrier and improve the vision long term.

yeah totally understand and what I suggested in all likelihood won't happen, especially given this week will be our easiest game for the rest of the year. BUT and it's a big BUT - What is the point of somehow scraping into finals just to get belted first week - what does that achieve, why not get some games into players and spend the next month figuring out who we want and who don't come end of year.

As well as that, the current 24-25 players aren't hungry. They aren't desperate to keep their spot, drastic changes would make everyone hungrier and improve the vision long term.

Agree making the eight doesn't mean a lot moving forward it will to pyke and his resume and the clubs records which is why you reckon they want to make the eight

If a external review is done by say earnst and young and financially they are strong they finished in finals what is presented to the board will not look too bad now will it

As for current players not hungry you need your top 5 highest paid $$$$ players playing to the wages they are paid, imagine if Richmond had Dusty and Cotchin their big paid guns failing, you may aswell write them off aswell

What did you say?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Told them it was embarrassing that they were still in the mix to play finals and that some of them needed to take a long look at themselves in the mirror.......or words to that effect with some minor embellishments added in.

What was their response????....a beer and pizza night at Don's place. Morons.

Last edited:
Told them it was embarrassing that they were still in the mix to play finals and that some of them needed to take a long look at themselves in the mirror.......or words to that effect with some minor embellishments added in.

What was there response....a beer and pizza night at Don's place. Morons.

They probably just looked at you and thought who is this nuff nuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't have dropped Eddie in the first place

vs his old club at his ground with his protege in the line up next to him...? Our coaching staff have the emotional intelligence of a doormat

What did I miss?

My assertion that the only way to force real change in the AFC hierarchy is via the hip-pocket. They view success only via a set of financial accounts or increased memberships.

The AFC business machine only regards its members/fans as sources of funds and fundamental cultural change will not occur within the club whilst us customers continue to blindly renew our memberships and fill the stands year after year.

I'm out for next year unless real change happens in the off-season. But I am already tainted as I have had a longstanding beef with the club about the crap way us Vic Members are treated in any event (including sending numerous emails to the club and filling in surveys).

Heck, I even had several one on one discussions with both Chapman and Fagan about this very topic when my Firm was a foundation member of the Vic AFC Corporate Club set up in Melbourne several years ago. However, like everything else with this club, they both over-promised and undelivered on their statements of providing Vic members with better access to member benefits. My Firm is no longer part of this group (mainly at my instigation to leave).

Last edited:
Shouldn't have dropped Eddie in the first place

vs his old club at his ground with his protege in the line up next to him...? Our coaching staff have the emotional intelligence of a doormat

My exact thoughts last week.

They only knew that his numbers warranted a spell. That was the extent of their analysis, none of the intangibles mattered to them. I’d be surprised if it was even mentioned who the opponent was.

When Brett Burton was on justifying the selections last week, he mentioned the match committee meeting. That’s when it hit me...

Brett Burton is on our match committee.

I blacked out after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R20 2019 v St Kilda: it's a SUSHI-PIZZA PARTY!!

Back