Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Rate our selections for this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two legitimate questions;
1. What did Murphy do last week in his only game since surgery, was he outstanding?

2. Why do we think we are so clever at changing players positions- Murphy recruited as a back pocket we play him forward pocket, Pedlar recruited as an onballer play him forward then drop him, MCasey well who knows, Frampton same, Murray plays forward boom AFC KPD, we tried
Fog in multiple spots, the list goes on does it reflect on our recruiting, is it not up to scratch how can we recruit so many players and then feel the need to play them in a postion they weren't playing when they caught our eye??
Murphy has played 2 games. Kicked some goals last week.

Was also recruited as a midfielder, not a back pocket.

Yep Northern Knights 2016 B & F playing as their No.1 mid alongside Luke Bunker in the midfield.

Yep Northern Knights 2016 B & F playing as their No.1 mid alongside Luke Bunker in the midfield.
And was really good in the SANFL midfield at times.

And was really good in the SANFL midfield at times.

But has done **** all in more than 50 AFL games. That matters more than under age form from 6 years ago.

Brown Butts Jones

Doedee Frampton Smith

Sholl Crouch Dawson

Rachele Gollant McHenry

Rowe Fogarty Cook

ROB Murphy Schoenberg

INT: Himmelberg, Laird, Hinge, Keays

SUB: Pedlar

is about the best I can do from this shitshow.

But has done fu** all in more than 50 AFL games. That matters more than under age form from 6 years ago.
Yeah, he really needs to be tried in the middle in this stint

****n disgusting reading.

The club is run by deluded dumb****s.

So unbeleivably deluded they actually think sloane, laird, keays and crouch are guns..

They are garbage. They fact they cannot recognise this is damning and doesnt bode well for the future..

Knowing this club.. in three years from now crouch laird and keays will still be there and still be getting the majority of the CB’s.. they’ll still be bottom 4 and the fault of it all will still be layed at the feet of the youth..

The propesity for this club to cling for years on end to already proven failures is simply uncanny..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost proves my point - after five years of playing AFL for AFC has he ever started in the centre? Infact has he ever spent any decent time on ball? Five years of playing as a pressure forward who averages less than 1 goal a game - is that a success?

Last edited:
Almost proves my point - after five of playing AFL for AFC has he ever started in the centre? Infact has he ever spent any decent time on ball? Five years of playing as a pressure forward who averages less than 1 goal a game - is that a success?
He really should be given an extended run in his natural position - 2 games. He has talent, and is very hard at it. He could be a useful clearance midfielder - as a small forward he is probably fringe.

The coaches have no confidence and are panic merchants, is it any wonder the team is playing exactly the same way
The coaches selections look more of a rabble than our game plan
I dont think its that at all..

I think its that they actually truely believe our older stalwards are absolute guns.. easily good enough to get us into the top 8 and then see that anything can happen from there.. things just need to “click” and it will all change and the last two or so years will be a distant memory..

Thats how deluded they are.

They are the worst example of a mother that loves their son and refuses to accept there is anything wrong with him even when its proven in court that hes a murderous and batshit crazy ****in lunatic…

fu**n disgusting reading.

The club is run by deluded dumbfu**s.

So unbeleivably deluded they actually think sloane, laird, keays and crouch are guns..

They are garbage. They fact they cannot recognise this is damning and doesnt bode well for the future..

Knowing this club.. in three years from now crouch laird and keays will still be there and still be getting the majority of the CB’s.. they’ll still be bottom 4 and the fault of it all will still be layed at the feet of the youth..

The propesity for this club to cling for years on end to already proven failures is simply uncanny..
And it's not like Mitchell and Worpel are super adaptable players that can play a ton of positions, yet Mitchell is still finding the time to put others in there, so not sure if the excuse for Crouch is valid anymore.

Like literally all it takes is to give 2 or 3 less CBA's a game to Sloane, Crouch, Keays and Laird. It's not a huge ask. It's reducing their midfield time by 10%-15% each and allowing some younger players to start to build up their time.

Let’s put this “rebuild” in perspective

We have pick 2 thilthorpe and pick 6 Mcasey who apparently ain’t worthy of getting a game infront of 2 list cloggers in himmelberg and frampton.

This club ain’t interested in rebuilding.
You have just summed it up. Stop ruining these guys careers and trade them to other clubs so they can develop

I think people are just looking for reasons to melt.

Last year we showed some really good signs. Since then we have lost even more experience and in my opinion have lost some balance in the team.

You can talk about all the terrible skills and bad decision making, and on TV it's terrible to watch, but at the game it's clear, there is nobody running to help, nobody presenting strongly ahead of the ball, no talk on the field. This results in players getting run down, hesitating, not getting protection with ball in hand, rushing disposals and turning it over and end up chasing for most of the game. In saying this, the talk and shepherding there is no excuse, these are the basic expectations.

We need experience in the team, and unfortunately blokes like seedsman, tex etc aren't available. While we can complain about the inclusion of guys like Murphy, and I agree they haven't set the world on fire, but they do come in with more experience, louder voices and give us a bit more structure. And without it, our young guys will continue to struggle.

I don't really like Frampton or Murphy as players and they aren't the future, but I think they play a temporary roll in a developing side. We have Schoenberg, Fogarty, Butts, Jones, Ned, Scholl, Rachele, Rowe, Gollant, and Cook playing tomorrow. That's alot of guys still early in their development that are trying to establish themselves. We saw what happens with too much inexperience with Gold Coast. It doesn't work.

I really want to see Pedlar, Tilly and Berry cement their spots, but their time will come soon. And honestly, I feel like we have more chance of winning bringing back some experienced players, and I think a win here and there is super important, especially this week.

The End.

Please direct all your likes below.

1 - He has had abundant opportunities. He has not shown one iota of improvement between the day he was drafted and his game against Collingwood last weekend.
2 - Tex showed more in his 1st AFL season (2nd if you include the year he spent in the SANFL) than Fog has in his entire career. Few KPFs come into the AFL system with a fully developed physique, the way that Fogarty did. Most are beanpoles, like Thilthorpe, who need time to grow into their bodies before they can start to make a real impact. Fogarty didn't have this handicap - he was a man mountain the day he was drafted, and nothing has changed in that regard. It's not unreasonable therefore that he should have started to deliver earlier than those beanpoles who needed to mature physically.
3 - Currently Thilthorpe. I have previously posted multiple times about our lack of decent KPF talent - we have one player on the verge of retirement, 3x donkeys, and a 19yo kid who is still growing into his body. Top-flight midfielders and KPFs are our two dire needs at present.

He wasn't good in Game 1. He showed glimpses in the 1st Q of Game 1, but was completely useless thereafter. His Game 2 was arguably worse than Berg's, though we're talking the difference between ratings of 0.5 and a 0.45 out of 10 for the game. Both were abysmal.

Fogarty makes me angry. More accurately, he frustrates me. He has so much potential, yet when it comes to the actual game, he's so ****ing useless most of the time. Not only that, but he hasn't shown one iota of improvement across his 43 AFL games. Berg has limited talent, and he's playing to those limitations. Fog has far greater talent. Little is expected of those with limited talent. Much more is expected of those with greater talent - and Fogarty continues to fail in meeting those expectations.

You’re really bad at this

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back