Preview Changes: R5 vs Richmond - Saturday April 16, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Will Crouch or Sloane be dropped this season?

• Crouch will be dropped

• Sloane will be dropped

• Both Crouch and Sloane will be dropped (separate weeks)

• Both Crouch and Sloane will be dropped (together)

• Neither will be dropped this season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

When everything has been dropped by the Govt it usually follows by the businesses

Perhaps people aren't aware of your anti vax position outside the politics thread?
AO have always been slow on the uptake, remember the poor people at the cricket in 35 degrees outside with masks.
It was the only oval in the country that had that insane requirement.

Agree fully with your post. Rory has been great but old father time has caught up with him.

In thinking about future captains and the consensus that it will be Doedee, I want to raise a new name which is silly until you think it through and realise it's completely not.

Josh Rachele could be made captain to start the 2023 season.

He'd be very young. Fact.
He'd be new to the club. Fact.
He'd be "jumping the queue". Fact.

These points might be viewed as negatives. But...

Being young means he'll be a potential long term solution and not an interim skipper who is likely retiring through (or before) our best years with this squad.

Being young means he'll be a real Brownlow standard player through our best years with this squad. Think, lead by example or from the front mentality.

Being young means he'll develop alongside and with his team rather than a top down management style.

Being young means he will be intrinsically more open to experimentation, flexibility and have the courage to lose in the pursuit of improvement and winning.

Being brand new to the club allows him clear air to fully and finally move into our new era.

Being new to the club...well who isn't that actually matters in our next flag? Maybe Doedee.

By jumping the queue, he'd still have our leadership group available on and off field.

By jumping the queue, his new captaincy will create a renewed enthusiasm throughout the club and supporters.

And lastly, by appointing Josh Rachele as captain soon. He would be much more likely to become our next 300 game Brownlow medalist and become one of our all time great one club champions.

Methinks...
I gave the post a 'like' because of your thoughtful reasoning, but I disagree for 2023. Previously:
"The youngest AFL captain was North Melbourne's David Dench at 20 years and 221 days in 1972, 78 days younger than Haydn Bunton at Fitzroy in 1932." (Google)

I like Rachele --- a lot --- but he's just too AFL-inexperienced to take on the Captaincy.
Great candidate for 2025, if he keeps achieving.

AO have always been slow on the uptake, remember the poor people at the cricket in 35 degrees outside with masks.
They followed Govt restrictions.

At the end of the day, the restrictions did improve the quality of the crowds 😉

When everything has been dropped by the Govt it usually follows by the businesses

You really don’t know anything this topic, the source of AO’s vax mandate, or frankly anything else remotely intelligent.

Perhaps people aren't aware of your anti mandate position outside the politics thread?
EFA.

They all know you to be dishonest though.

The hard tag following his and our strong start to 2017 destroyed him.

It was 'the blueprint', and he never learned to deal with it. Now he is so broken, opposition teams don't deem him worthy of the tag.

That’s not just on him though. He clearly couldn’t beat a tag when playing as a stoppage midfielder, so why the **** wouldn’t we change up that role? How about putting him out on a wing where he could gut run or at half forward or what about just off the stoppage and have him arriving their in motion. Not our coaches, we just kept having him stand their with his glove able to negate him easily.

Nicks is no different, he’s an idiot too.

Sloane has never been skillful by foot. His attributes were pressure, footy smarts and running capacity. He could cover so much ground. As players get older they lose the running capacity and the ones who can't kick fall off a cliff. Some are hoping he can turn in to a Pendlebury or Hodge type - a director of traffic etc - but he doesn't have the skills.

Yeh, the idea that he could be reinvented at half back because hodge, Lewis et al did it is the most misguided idea ever. Those players have elite vision and disposal by foot, Sloane has neither. His 1 wood was sheer effort and desire, but those assets rely on a viable AFL body. Sloane doesn’t have that right at this moment.

I don’t understand why they do t try and rehab him over a few weeks.

No they didnt. That was done under a covid management plan, not to government restrictions.
And whom signs off on those covid management plans.......

COVID Management Plans must be approved by SA Health before you can conduct the above activities.

Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On day 1 everyone around me took the masks off when seated... then a sma nazi official came around & threatened to evict anyone not wearing a mask.

I changed bays for the remaining days & ensured I was well away from this idiot with no common sense. The rest of the officials didn't care so long as wearing when moving.

I gave the post a 'like' because of your thoughtful reasoning, but I disagree for 2023. Previously:
"The youngest AFL captain was North Melbourne's David Dench at 20 years and 221 days in 1972, 78 days younger than Haydn Bunton at Fitzroy in 1932." (Google)

I like Rachele --- a lot --- but he's just too AFL-inexperienced to take on the Captaincy.
Great candidate for 2025, if he keeps achieving.

We need to do our civic duty to the AFL and appoint someone as captain that can eventually remove Joel Selwood from the 'most games as captain' record. (And so Damian Barrett's comment on AFL Daily 'That record will never be broken' is also proved wrong)

On day 1 everyone around me took the masks off when seated... then a sma nazi official came around & threatened to evict anyone not wearing a mask.

I changed bays for the remaining days & ensured I was well away from this idiot with no common sense. The rest of the officials didn't care so long as wearing when moving.
There was no need for any of that as the government had no requirement for it.

It's going to be interesting. 2 hours till melt down?

I've got my beer in the fridge to assist with the coping
Almost guaranteed huge melt incoming....

You really don’t know anything this topic, the source of AO’s vax mandate, or frankly anything else remotely intelligent.

EFA.

They all know you to be dishonest though.
What's the situation on Adelaide oval? Have they dropped the vacc mandate on entry yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Richmond - Saturday April 16, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back