Preview Changes Round 14 Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it would be harsh, I think Austin has to go out. Port only play the two tall forwards and we need all the run we can get. Wood to Westhoff, Roughead to Schulz, Morris to Gray and Picken to Wingard (or perhaps switch the last two). Austin doesn't really have a role. Against such a hard running side, playing an extra KPD will hurt.

Honey and Boyd (if fit) in for Cooney and Austin for mine.

As much as it would be harsh, I think Austin has to go out. Port only play the two tall forwards and we need all the run we can get. Wood to Westhoff, Roughead to Schulz, Morris to Gray and Picken to Wingard (or perhaps switch the last two). Austin doesn't really have a role. Against such a hard running side, playing an extra KPD will hurt.

Are you back??

Boyd in Cooney out

Austin just needed to play today, really. It would be harsh but for the sake of team balance we have to drop him. He performed reasonably well in his role and will have his name up there later in the year.

Austin just needed to play today, really. It would be harsh but for the sake of team balance we have to drop him. He performed reasonably well in his role and will have his name up there later in the year.
I realised I'd forgotten about Monfries - but I'm not sure Austin is capable of holding any of those smaller guys. But yeah, I agree with you. Deserves a pat on the back though, absolutely - played a valuable role for us today.

Jeez I want to slot in all of Stringer, Honey, Hunter etc but I just can't. Port aren't the side we need an extra ruckman as often Lobbe will go alone. I personally think Boyd can have a week in the twos to get some match fitness back and then see if we need him. Not sure on the 2 v 3 tall defender debate and I'm also tempted to swap Stringer with Crameri due to poor form but I'm sure he will come right.

Outs
Cooney, Griff (depending on fitness)

Ins
Honey, Stringer (if Griff is ruled out)

I realised I'd forgotten about Monfries - but I'm not sure Austin is capable of holding any of those smaller guys. But yeah, I agree with you. Deserves a pat on the back though, absolutely - played a valuable role for us today.
Don't think we have to put too much attention into Monfries, to be honest. Can play any defender with a bit of speed goalside of him and he'll have an ordinary day. Just can't afford to let him sneak off to the pocket and kick a couple of cheap ones.

No one deserves to be dropped based on team effort, and I don't want Boyd back in yet, due to Ports pace and the fact he turns it over a bit. So for me, with the only liked forced change to come

IN - Honeychurch, give him at least a couple of games
OUT - Cooney

Cooney out sucks but will give us a chance to get a good look at some of our younger mids. Obvious replacement is move Hrovat into his midfield role and Honey into small forward. perfect.

Boyd will probably come in, don't know if its for the best though. Want to also get Hunter and Stringer in ASAP but they might need to back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't like wood on westhoff. The Hoff is a tall man. Roughie to Schulz, Austin to the Hoff, Morris to monfries, wood to grey, picken to wingard.

The bigger dilemma for me is Boyd. I really, really don't want him and wallis playing together. If he's back, I'd send wallis to footscray. Pendles got hold of him a bit this arv to be honest.

Out - cooney, wallis
In - Boyd, honeychurch.

The rat stays. Love his class. If gia needs a spell, play hunter.

Stevens saved his ass by kicking a few. Wasn't great otherwise. Needs to follow up with a good game next week.

No one deserves to be dropped based on team effort, and I don't want Boyd back in yet, due to Ports pace and the fact he turns it over a bit. So for me, with the only liked forced change to come

IN - Honeychurch, give him at least a couple of games
OUT - Cooney
Agree with this. With Austin, as much as i dont rate him as a player, he can play his role reasonably well and he adds a balance to our backline that we have been missing.
Roughie to Schulz
Austin to Westhoff
Wood to Grey
Picken to Wingard Or Picken to tag in the middle then Murph
Morris to Monfries
Higgins to whoevers left.

I'm actually not sure this week. Austin was pretty good. Probably deserves another run, and if we have too many KPD who's to say we can't run Jones FF Roughy CHF for periods?

If Cooney or Griff aren't right I'd bring in either Honeychurch or Stringer. If it's Stringer, play him as the sub, with Gia starting. Unleash the beast into the midfield when Gia starts to run out of puff.

I'm actually not sure this week. Austin was pretty good. Probably deserves another run, and if we have too many KPD who's to say we can't run Jones FF Roughy CHF for periods?

If Cooney or Griff aren't right I'd bring in either Honeychurch or Stringer. If it's Stringer, play him as the sub, with Gia starting. Unleash the beast into the midfield when Gia starts to run out of puff.

I really would like to see Jake as sub against the Power and have him just give a quarter of midfield and occasionally pushing forward.

I really would like to see Jake as sub against the Power and have him just give a quarter of midfield and occasionally pushing forward.
Leave the big man at footscray. Let him bake down there for another 3 or 4 weeks until he's ripping it apart consistently.

I've been feeling quietly confident about the port game, and that was before today. I know they are a different team now but I just can't see us losing to them, it would feel wrong :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back