Preview Changes Round 14 Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that was a long time ago, that would have to be one of the longest winning streaks between two clubs at present. Hawthorn over Carlton is the only one I'm aware of that is longer, although I can't imagine Melbourne has beaten Geelong in the last ten years
Yeah I wouldn't worry to much about winning streaks. Since Hinkley has taken over this team we have broken the Cats streak, Swans streak and hopefully you guys are next :) esp that we are playing the game at the "Portress". Should be a great game. Come over and enjoy the stadium!

The Adelaide oval is a long ground, we need to ensure we are not too top heavy.
Our forward line with the marking targets of Jones, Crameri & Grant looks speedy & agile & should go ok on the bigger ground.
We wont be able to close the game up like we can at docklands, so the midfield run will be vital.
Its going to be interesting to see how we try to counter Ports run.
They like to take the game on, however, going on yesterdays result, it looks like we are starting to do that also.
Looking forward to seeing how we back up!

WESTERN BULLDOGS

INJURIES

Matthew Boyd (hamstring) test

Josh Prudden (hamstring) 1 week

Tory Dickson (ruptured pectoral) 5-6 weeks

Clay Smith (AC joint) 6-7 weeks

Adam Cooney (hamstring) TBC

ON THE BLOCK: Unfortunately, Adam Cooney could miss several weeks after injuring his hamstring but there should be few changes to the Bulldogs’ line-up. Once again, Daniel Giansiracusa was the sub but got plenty of game time after replacing Cooney. Perhaps he gets a rest?

ON THE CUSP: There’s one name on every Western Bulldogs supporter’s lips ... Mitch Honeychurch. The youngster was best on ground in Footscray’s win over Port Melbourne with five goals but has been offered a one-match ban by the VFL tribunal. The Bulldogs are appealing the decision. Matthew Boyd will hopefully be fit to return this week while Lachie Hunter and Jake Stringer also put their hands up for a recall with excellent displays in the VFL.

BEN HIGGINS’S FORECAST: A week after the club’s most disappointing loss of the season, the Bulldogs upset top four fancy Collingwood. However, it only gets harder for the young Bulldogs with Port Adelaide waiting to redeem themselves after a narrow loss to Sydney. If the team can keep up their manic tackling and forward efficiency, then they could pose the Power a few issues.

Yeah I wouldn't worry to much about winning streaks. Since Hinkley has taken over this team we have broken the Cats streak, Swans streak and hopefully you guys are next :) esp that we are playing the game at the "Portress". Should be a great game. Come over and enjoy the stadium!

haha yeah you're right, I'm just enjoying it while it lasts, I think you're the only team that hasn't beaten us in the last couple of years.

Cordy, Campbell and Redpath MUST come in.

Those spuds Jones, Crameri and Minson should be dropped, surely.

And maybe Roberts and Talia for Morris and Roughead, look at what Cloke did to them.

They're probably the only changes I'd make, seeing Honeychurch has been suspended.

Or maybe sneak Hunter in for Libba, for a bit more class.

Cordy, Campbell and Redpath MUST come in.

Those spuds Jones, Crameri and Minson should be dropped, surely.

And maybe Roberts and Talia for Morris and Roughead, look at what Cloke did to them.

They're probably the only changes I'd make, seeing Honeychurch has been suspended.

Or maybe sneak Hunter in for Libba, for a bit more class.

Did Austin play well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Honeychurch gets off and Boyd and Cooney are injured then I'd go:

Honeychurch in Cooney out and let Hrovat move to the mid and Honey Fwd.

If Honeychurch doesn't get off then Hunter in and do the same.

If Gia needs a rest then Stringer in. Stringer might make a good sub - versatile all over the ground if a random player goes down, and fitness his main concern so could suit him.

Should be good cause we've usually played in an empty one in Adelaide against you guys :).

WESTERN BULLDOGS
A hamstring injury will see midfielder Adam Cooney miss the clash against Port Adelaide, but the Bulldogs aren’t short of replacements for the Brownlow medalist after several of their talented youngsters shone in the VFL at the weekend. Mitch Honeychurch put his hand up for a much-deserved debut, kicking five goals in a best on ground performance in Footscray's win over Port Melbourne. Jake Stringer was also prominent, kicking three goals in a dominant midfield showing. Lachie Hunter again proved he's a class above state league level, kicking two goals and setting up numerous others as a creative half-forward. Key defender Fletcher Roberts and ruckman Tom Campbell also impressed. Veteran midfielder Matthew Boyd may have finally recovered from a hamstring complaint - Ryan Davidson

Hunter looked solid in the VFL; Stringer had a real good second half, turned beast mode on, conditions were pretty bad

I don't really know Port Adelaides talls other then Schulz and Westhoff, Picken/Wood will obviously get the job on Wingard though

He was ok, I don't mind him. But wonder what will happen to him at season's end? I hope his career at the Bulldogs and any future endeavours elsewhere go well.

I wouldn't be upset if Williams retired at the end of the year and Austin was upgraded to play his role tbh. I love Tommy but he just seems cooked.

hm, who do we elevate come the end of the year? at the moment Redpath is killing it or been very solid, Jong had a great pre-season but has cooled off a bit...either way, I hope we retain Redpath at Footscray :D

Bring in one of the kids for Cooney, it seems to me that less senior players (ie above 200 games)in the side the better we go. The older guys may not be able to change 10 years of drilled in game plans and adapt to the current footy styles while the younger guys, like last weekend, just seemed to have fun and take risks and it paid off. Yes that won't work on occasions but its better than going back to the style of the last few years of short chip passes going around in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back