Preview Changes Round 14 Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have a feeling Honeychurch may have a case to answer, for head high contact.
He may have an enforced holiday. Will be interesting.
If that is so I will burn VFL House down, Wherever the hell that is

One player who hasn't been mentioned at all so far and was named in the team is Tom Williams

We looked pretty good with Jones, Crameri and Grant up forward and Austin was excellent in defence so where does that leave Tom?

Plus do we know if he was injured or was just dropped for matchups?

If that is so I will burn VFL House down, Wherever the hell that is
Probably out the back of some pub in Yarraville! :p

One player who hasn't been mentioned at all so far and was named in the team is Tom Williams

We looked pretty good with Jones, Crameri and Grant up forward and Austin was excellent in defence so where does that leave Tom?

Plus do we know if he was injured or was just dropped for matchups?
You'd have to think that they knew Tom was iffy mid-week hence the elevation of Austin.

Roughead isnt a good matchup for Shultz he's a lead a mark forward so whoever plays on him needs some speed which would make Morris or Austin better options. I hope Austin gets a chance to string some games together I belive he could be a replacement option for Morris in the coming years.

In: Honeychurch
Out: Cooney

Don't think we have to put too much attention into Monfries, to be honest. Can play any defender with a bit of speed goalside of him and he'll have an ordinary day. Just can't afford to let him sneak off to the pocket and kick a couple of cheap ones.

Monfries has been a revelation since he joined us. Using their statistical mumbojumbo Champion Data ranked him as elite last year.

It's true he's adept at getting the odd cheapie out the back, but he's so well-rounded now if he's not hitting the scoreboard he's creating opportunities for others, collecting touches through the midfield and applying good defensive pressure.

All the best for the game. Looking forward to seeing Liberatore and Macrae live, a battleship and a jet those two.

Monfries has been a revelation since he joined us. Using their statistical mumbojumbo Champion Data ranked him as elite last year.

It's true he's adept at getting the odd cheapie out the back, but he's so well-rounded now if he's not hitting the scoreboard he's creating opportunities for others, collecting touches through the midfield and applying good defensive pressure.

All the best for the game. Looking forward to seeing Liberatore and Macrae live, a battleship and a jet those two.
Thanks for the insight, I'll admit I've only seen about 15 of his 35(?) odd games at Port, so my conclusions are based on what I've seen when paying attention to him in those games.

And to you too. Hopefully it'll be a cracker and your fans really get down to Adelaide Oval in big numbers for this one.

As much as it would be harsh, I think Austin has to go out. Port only play the two tall forwards and we need all the run we can get. Wood to Westhoff, Roughead to Schulz, Morris to Gray and Picken to Wingard (or perhaps switch the last two). Austin doesn't really have a role. Against such a hard running side, playing an extra KPD will hurt.

Honey and Boyd (if fit) in for Cooney and Austin for mine.
Austin stays in irrespective of the horses for courses attitude. What message are we sending him by dropping him after a solid game and a great team win? Picking Austin also allows gives us the option to push Roughy forward or in to the ruck. Also, I doubt Wood will go to Westhoff for any large chunk of time especially if Westhoff goes deep (Wood is 5 inches shorter).

Out: Cooney
In: Honeychurch

Possibly bring Hunter in for Gia as well if Gia isn't 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave him out of the side from now on and delist at the end of the year.

Out: Cooney, Griffen (if injured)
In: Honeychurch, Hunter (Griffen replacement)

No way Boyd doesn't play, especially if Coons is out apart from Griff we'd have a very young midfield interstate against a top opposition, don't want to get smashed after today.

No chance Honeychurch will come in ahead of Boyd. The only chance Honey has of coming in is if Griffen goes out.

when was the last time port beat us?

Round 19, 2006 in a game we where favourites in. The game features such names as Kieran McGuiness, Cam Faulkner, Sam Power and Peter Street. Was up in darwin as well. Beaten them the last 8 times by an average of 38 points.

Shaw and Butcher in the 2's for PA kicked 9 between, Shaw kicking 6 of those, wouldn't be at all surprised if they throw an extra tall forward this week, going to need 3 tall defenders.

Roughy to Westhoff
Austin to Schultz
Morris to Shaw/Butcher.

Round 19, 2006 in a game we where favourites in. The game features such names as Kieran McGuiness, Cam Faulkner, Sam Power and Peter Street. Was up in darwin as well. Beaten them the last 8 times by an average of 38 points.
wow that was a long time ago, that would have to be one of the longest winning streaks between two clubs at present. Hawthorn over Carlton is the only one I'm aware of that is longer, although I can't imagine Melbourne has beaten Geelong in the last ten years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back