Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If what you've gotten from this discussion is that I hate Sturt you're thinking wth your emotions rather than logic, Sturt did some okay things in a bad team, that's not good enough to keep his spot in the team when they guys he was better than have more reps and leeway to have bad games.

This is major overreaction on your end my friend, I guarantee you that Sturt and the other young players are nowhere near as upset about this as you are, I like Sturt, but he's not a best 22 player as of right now.
I was just looking at your buddies - you shouldn't be permitted to have one next season lol

Dropping Sturt is a strange selection strategy if nothing else. To me it says that the selection committee is not going to reward recent form or at the least recent form is not as strong a consideration as previous/bank of form. This does not make sense to me.
I agree that Frederick should come back in to the team, but at the expense of the weakest player. A player hanging their hat or being selected on a 3 goal performance 3 weeks ago should be dropped before the highest scorer of last week. Obviously there's 'football eyes' that you need to put into selection. Walters has a huge amount of experience which gives him credits as does the obvious talent of Amiss.
But if Sturt is competing against Banfield, Schulz, Frederick and Switta for 4 spots, on recent form there's no way he is the worst of those 5 players.
It's such a strange policy to not back form. The Australian cricket team dropped Starc for this exact reason, he was the weakest link.
I'll add that IMO forwards run into 'form' differently to mids and backs. If a forward is getting good shots at goal, that should be rewarded.
It's not so much Sturt as a footballer being dropped, it could be anyone, it's the concept that I disagree with.
agree. plus out of 22.5 guys, you drop the one that actually kicked 2 of the 5 goals in the last game horror show. Makes me question the coach. Just bizarre.

Not yet, but neither was Treacy after round 1. There are a lot of people who wouldn't have picked him until we were forced to give him consecutive games due to Taberener's injury. Now look at him go.

That was a reactive selection that worked out for the best. We could try something different and be proactive by allowing Sturt a couple of consecutive games to find his feet and build form and confidence, which it kind of looks like we are doing if he ends up as sub.
I dont know if thats how it played out though.....After Tab's was injured, he didnt play round 5....Josh didnt come in until round 8. I think the selection of him was more around him going back to the WAFL and working on his game, which to his credit he did.
If his selection was "forced" due to Tabs injury, he would have played round 5.....

I dont know if thats how it played out though.....After Tab's was injured, he didnt play round 5....Josh didnt come in until round 8. I think the selection of him was more around going back to the WAFL and working on his game, to his credit which he did.
If his selection was "forced" due to Tabs injury, he would have played round 5.....
Fair call, but isn't that what they've done with Sturt? They told him to go back to the WAFL and work on his game and he did that.

The big question for me among all this debate is understanding what changes something from a normal run of the mill question to a factual question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing breaking here - they're making it up based on recent events.
If Freddy is limping, bloody rest him. JLo's philosophy is to play through niggles but in the wet that could be a disaster. Freddy is best 22 so his long term health is more important. He won't be the difference between winning and losing this game. It would also give Sturt another opportunity who plays well in the wet.

Honestly as hilarious and unwarranted as it is, if Freddy is in doubt then Sturt comes in and we need Banners as the sub or at least as a forward emergency.
I'm not sure JL would select Sturt over his boy Banfield tho

While it makes sense, I'll have a mini rant, Banfield does not deserve that sub spot he's going to get and should be playing a few games of Peel to get back to form. Should have been a reason to give a debutant like Worner or Emmett a run

While it makes sense, I'll have a mini rant, Banfield does not deserve that sub spot he's going to get and should be playing a few games of Peel to get back to form. Should have been a reason to give a debutant like Worner or Emmett a run
Let's none of us panic just yet until we see the final team tomorrow. I'm still gunna hope for the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 15 Vs Essendon + prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back