Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

If those Weavil campaigners really did give a shit about "WA footy," like they always prattle on about, they would lay down like the sick dogs they are and let us kick seven shades of shit out of them, giving us an unimaginable percentage boost.

Now, that would be good for WA footy.

Can we give anyone a rest this week?
Darcy had 1 with his head knock.
Walters is good and just returning.

Could fyfe be due for a rest?
not sure he needs a rest. His current role is blocking and carefully placed handballs and he rarely leaves the ground to take a mark. Seems a useful role for the team and quite sustainable and wouldn't put a big load on his body like the roles he used to play.

If those Weavil campaigners really did give a shit about "WA footy," like they always prattle on about, they would lay down like the sick dogs they are and let us kick seven shades of shit out of them, giving us an unimaginable percentage boost.

Those 'WA footy fans' who pretend to support both teams will all be cheering for the Eagles to win a meaningless game that would royally screw up Freo's September chances. Never met a 'WA footy fan' who didn't cheer for the Eagles in a derby.

Those 'WA footy fans' who pretend to support both teams will all be cheering for the Eagles to win a meaningless game that would royally screw up Freo's September chances. Never met a 'WA footy fan' who didn't cheer for the Eagles in a derby.
They are very deluded individuals who tend not to see the irritating nature of their chosen stance.

They really grind my gears and you will notice I have been super polite in talking about them.

I'm trying to please God, you see.

I love the way you think ;)

The dad was a big Dockers supporter (mate of my FiL), and of his son of course, even wearing yellow.
Yeo was a big Freo supporter as well.

Weirdly they have drafted a few Freo supporters - Priddis, Yeo, Ginbey - whereas I would doubt many of the WA blokes we have drafted were Freo fans. Nature of the beast, I guess, where 60% of this state are certifiable (but not incurable) dipshits.

Freo supporters picked up by Freo

Cam McCarthy
Michael Johnson
Nathan Wilson
Will Brodie

Can't think of any others.

Van Rooyen and Curtin were Freo people.

1721704461004.png
Confused Little Girl GIF

Do Eagles fans still push the derby is Freo's GF thing? Because no WA team has embodied that better than WC this year, for a long while. They literally gave Reid a week off after the first derby and they rested Yeo last week for this one. Pretty embarrassing they know their season is cooked anyway so they're sacrificing other games in order to roll out with a head full of steam for these.

Lol but we were exactly the same 2016-2018 - we were a basketcase and just having a win against the Derby would've meant the world to us.

Weirdly they have drafted a few Freo supporters - Priddis, Yeo, Ginbey - whereas I would doubt many of the WA blokes we have drafted were Freo fans. Nature of the beast, I guess, where 60% of this state are certifiable (but not incurable) dipshits.

Cam McCarthy
Michael Johnson
Nathan Wilson
Will Brodie

jackson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam McCarthy
Michael Johnson
Nathan Wilson
Will Brodie

Surely the ngas were all Freo boys

The don
Conrad
Henry

Hogan liked Freo but think he ended up being a crow?

I would never ever want that from that mob. And never would they submit to give us even a slight hand.
I never ever want to feel beholding to the Yellas.
Let us just kick the sheeit outta them any way.

Nope

Just mid season we were playing an unfit Darcy and all worried

Moose has been patching leaks in our defense all year, it's no surprise that dees started scoring late
It’s actually true. Without Pearce v Hawthorn was fine until last quarter.
Without Darcy was the difference. He’s a big part of the midfield dominance as well as structurally for Treacy and Amiss.
Last two times Darcy and Jackson played- 8 goals for Treacy, Amiss with 4 on the weekend and 1 v Richmond.

Nope

Just mid season we were playing an unfit Darcy and all worried

Moose has been patching leaks in our defense all year, it's no surprise that dees started scoring late

I think all signs lead to the midfield battle deciding how we end up doing - of which Darcy is a masssive cog.

Pearce makes a huge difference, but even he and Ryan have looked out of their depth in the games when our midfield has been spanked. And vice versa - Draper has looked every bit a composed AFL defender in games when our midfield has been on top.

Which makes me think we can cover for Pearce to the extent that our midfield remains dominant, moreso than the player we replace him with.

We are a bit one dimensional by relying on the contest

Moose can get us out of jail in other ways

We need Moose to win finals (what we all really care about)

Jackson can match up well on a few of the rucks in the finals
Literally every team relies on contest. Saying we're a contest team is like saying we're a pressure team or an effort team.

You don't win squat if you're not all of those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back