Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle v West Coast at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST

FREMANTLE

In:
J.Draper, T.Emmett
Out: A.Pearce (arm), M.Walters (hamstring)

Last week's sub: James Aish

WEST COAST

In:
J.McGovern, J.Waterman, J.Darling, E.Yeo
Out: A.Witherden (omitted), J.Jones (omitted), J.Petruccelle (omitted), C.Chesser (omitted)

Does this mean Brodie is not in as an emergency?
How cute! They have their own set of Triple Js.

Yep, its been very clear this is the game they put on their whiteboard for weeks now

Everything has been about resting their players and getting them right for this match.
This on/off effort from WC is going to take years and years to fix. It started around Covid for them and they thought they could just flick the switch when it was back to normal, when they had no injuries, when they wanted to. But they have forgotten what it takes, the young players have never seen a month of effort, let alone a season.

Even without Simmo it seems the coaching ground is ingraining their inconsistent effort. They are set for a very long time in the wilderness, even if they win a few games here and there.

I'm ok with it being a tough game as eagles are clearly loading up to to take a shot at us - it'll give us good prep for the following 4 games which are all likely 8-point final like games

Just want the W and no major injuries

Walters and Pearce out to last round isn't ideal, can't add to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ok with it being a tough game as eagles are clearly loading up to to take a shot at us - it'll give us good prep for the following 4 games which are all likely 8-point final like games

I love beating WC.
But it's not about them, they're irrelevant at the moment.
It's about our system!
They're the first task in a 9-10 game run to the flag!
40 quarters of OUR game will do it!
Taking nothing for granted.
YOKAI!

Yep. Them putting up any sort of fight is useful for us to sharpen our swords.

Still some weeks to allow for recovery.

Although I do have moments I'm thinking of the 2006 season and how those Debbie's played out.

This is a much better prep for the real stuff for sure and is what I should be hoping for...

... but deep down what I really want them to just throw in the towel early and us to give that 170 the Swans put on them last year a shake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Historically, after a big derby win the winner has often gone on to lose the next week. I want to see a clinical win without too much hype to avoid a post derby hangover.
I'm actually not that keen to follow our history anymore.

Do 'em by 200 on the road to the flag.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Historically, after a big derby win the winner has often gone on to lose the next week. I want to see a clinical win without too much hype to avoid a post derby hangover.
Next week will be our 3rd week at home. Finals are looming. Our developmental trajectory is heading steeply upwards... tracking towards the end of the season (let alone how it'll head even further into the future). Even as a young team were edging to a critical level of maturity.

All this leads to us being in the here and now, each week. Hangovers are from carrying around the past. I'd be confident we'll handle it just fine.

Also, want Fyfe to go to Yeo, and them to just completely treat Harley with Disdain.

"Who are you? First game, right?"

"Nice of the club to give everyone on the list a chance"

Not ignore him, because he can be damaging if let out, but just get under his skin.

I'm actually not that keen to follow our history anymore.

Do 'em by 200 on the road to the flag.

Cheers.
I want Freo to show that killer instinct we showed in the first Mel game and put them to the sword.
As long as we win by 55 - 60 to get our percentage above Bris. 100 points would be great.

Prediction:
Tracey to kick 10 and test out McGovern's ribs with a big crash of a pack.

Next week will be our 3rd week at home. Finals are looming. Our developmental trajectory is heading steeply upwards... tracking towards the end of the season (let alone how it'll head even further into the future). Even as a young team were edging to a critical level of maturity.

All this leads to us being in the here and now, each week. Hangovers are from carrying around the past. I'd be confident we'll handle it just fine.
we're away next week at the MCG to the Dons

Fremantle v West Coast at Optus Stadium, 6.10pm AWST

FREMANTLE

In:
J.Draper, T.Emmett
Out: A.Pearce (arm), M.Walters (hamstring)

Last week's sub: James Aish

WEST COAST

In:
J.McGovern, J.Waterman, J.Darling, E.Yeo
Out: A.Witherden (omitted), J.Jones (omitted), J.Petruccelle (omitted), C.Chesser (omitted)

Does this mean Brodie is not in as an emergency?
Chesser omitted. Geez. Wasn't that the star from over east that they took ahead of their usual local preferences like JVR and Matt Johnson. Possibly another reason why Rohan got the sack. When you only seem to have 1 pick in the 30, you really need to get it right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back