Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, want Fyfe to go to Yeo, and them to just completely treat Harley with Disdain.

"Who are you? First game, right?"

"Nice of the club to give everyone on the list a chance"

Not ignore him, because he can be damaging if let out, but just get under his skin.
Like that thing that got under Sigourney Weavers skin?

Next week will be our 3rd week at home. Finals are looming. Our developmental trajectory is heading steeply upwards... tracking towards the end of the season (let alone how it'll head even further into the future). Even as a young team were edging to a critical level of maturity.

All this leads to us being in the here and now, each week. Hangovers are from carrying around the past. I'd be confident we'll handle it just fine.
Except we are away to Essendon at the MCG

I usually avoid derbies and run away somewhere to hide, Unfortunately, the family has voted and we are going to this one gulp
I've never been to one. Brother in law (a pom who doesn't know anything about footy) got free tickets off a friend and invited me. Vulnerable (ok, happy and drunk) after last week's game, I accepted.

Now I'm nervous.

Also, want Fyfe to go to Yeo, and them to just completely treat Harley with Disdain.

"Who are you? First game, right?"

"Nice of the club to give everyone on the list a chance"

Not ignore him, because he can be damaging if let out, but just get under his skin.
there's all this talk about us locking down Yeo and Reid - think they should be worried about Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Clark...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there's all this talk about us locking down Yeo and Reid - think they should be worried about Serong, Bryshaw, Young, Clark...
I think part of that has been Fyfe playing tag-ish roles or "lockdown" roles on Heeney and Oliver recently, which has allowed others like Brayshaw, Young and Serong to get more off the chain as these are the guys with the legs now, sadly not poor "old' Fyfey, but he still has an important 'role' to play to help this team, and that's a big part of it. If you can clamp/prevent/or disrupt their best player it provides a stronger opportunity to get clearances and stoppages working in your favour, something we've been Class A at lately - probably the best clearance team in the comp the past 4 or so weeks! I love seeing Switta roll through too, so we have cool versatility to mix it up with.

Plus, we seem to rotate a midfielder through the forward line for stints too, I think it's why Young and Serong etc have started scoring a little bit more recently, guys like Clark bobbing forward for a goal. You watch, if we get early ascendancy - guys will be peeling off and pushing up like Clark, Chapman etc, we'll be sniffing goals out like sharks to....sardine slop.

In fact the mind-chess we're doing at the mo with oppositional tactics is really quite wicked to watch. I think it's a big reason why we're harder to match up on, plus that coupled with good form. We always had the talent, it's just about getting the structures, patterns and positions right and getting the ball in better when we attack. Lots of that is now starting to flourish :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back