Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I think part of that has been Fyfe playing tag-ish roles or "lockdown" roles on Heeney and Oliver recently, which has allowed others like Brayshaw, Young and Serong to get more off the chain as these are the guys with the legs now, sadly not poor "old' Fyfey, but he still has an important 'role' to play to help this team, and that's a big part of it. If you can clamp/prevent/or disrupt their best player it provides a stronger opportunity to get clearances and stoppages working in your favour, something we've been Class A at lately - probably the best clearance team in the comp the past 4 or so weeks! I love seeing Switta roll through too, so we have cool versatility to mix it up with.

Plus, we seem to rotate a midfielder through the forward line for stints too, I think it's why Young and Serong etc have started scoring a little bit more recently, guys like Clark bobbing forward for a goal. You watch, if we get early ascendancy - guys will be peeling off and pushing up like Clark, Chapman etc, we'll be sniffing goals out like sharks to....sardine slop.

In fact the mind-chess we're doing at the mo with oppositional tactics is really quite wicked to watch. I think it's a big reason why we're harder to match up on, plus that coupled with good form. We always had the talent, it's just about getting the structures, patterns and positions right and getting the ball in better when we attack. Lots of that is now starting to flourish :)
I have been crying out for ages for Clark to be that guy who runs past a mid, received a handball, then goals. He is almost like a small forward when he does that.

So, I was going to tell everyone how it's been gloriously sunny pretty much all day in Vic Park, nice turf-drying weather, I've even got washing on the line.

Then a rain shower came through :rolleyes:
But only a small one! 🤞

Also, want Fyfe to go to Yeo, and them to just completely treat Harley with Disdain.

"Who are you? First game, right?"

"Nice of the club to give everyone on the list a chance"

Not ignore him, because he can be damaging if let out, but just get under his skin.

“Hey Mzungu, have a look in the Record and see who this number 9 is ?”.

fatty mcLovin out with ribs:
View attachment 2059409
Happy Womens Football GIF by National Women's Soccer League

I hope Emmett is a sacrificial lamb. License to run through as many of them as possible regardless of how many weeks he gets off from the MRP.
We need to be prepared to hurt them. They will play dirty.
I'm concerned for Jye. Another pre-season hopefully will see him with more upper body strength and not so readily bodied off the ball. But in the here and now he is vulnerable and I don't want to see those bastard defenders shove him like they did last time.

Look I know everyone is nervous so I did some checking. I can find no examples in the entire history of the Derby of one side losing both when they were in the finals and the other missed the 8. Let alone when one was bottom 4 and the other top 4.
Feel better? Me neither.

You see, Schofield, that's where you're going wrong. You don't expect McMuffin to pass a fitness test before playing. Take a look at the bloke.

That'd be like expecting Bubba Darcy to pass a skinfold.
Love your posts, Bigger but occasionally the boring pedant in me demands an outing. McGovern is the leanest he's ever been I'd say - not nuffin' in the weight stakes but still a veritable shadow of a muffin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given our lads have to show up, Minz, so must we (shiver).....
Heck yes! Crowd was reasonably quiet last week (not me, I'm a bit excitable at sporting events); hoping to hear some big happy roars this week. It felt great to be back in a Freo crowd (first time since the GF; have been living elsewhere, although did attend a few Freo games there)

Look I know everyone is nervous so I did some checking. I can find no examples in the entire history of the Derby of one side losing both when they were in the finals and the other missed the 8. Let alone when one was bottom 4 and the other top 4.
Feel better? Me neither.

I know we beat them twice in 2006 when they won a flag, and I will be clinging to that as a sign if the unimaginable happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yes! Crowd was reasonably quiet last week (not me, I'm a bit excitable at sporting events); hoping to hear some big happy roars this week. It felt great to be back in a Freo crowd (first time since the GF; have been living elsewhere, although did attend a few Freo games there)
I felt like there was more noise coming from the opposite end of our cheer squad last weekend. Melbourne was pretty vocal, but am thinking they may have hd some of the Starlight kids etc down that end as well. The Freo chant rarely goes up these days :(

I'm concerned for Jye. Another pre-season hopefully will see him with more upper body strength and not so readily bodied off the ball. But in the here and now he is vulnerable and I don't want to see those bastard defenders shove him like they did last time.
I am not as concerned now that Gov is not on him

He also said in the same article that Carlton have already built up enough of a buffer to guarantee top 2 - despite them only being half a game ahead of 3rd and 4th and a game ahead of 5th, 6th and 7th with 5 odd games to go.
Heard Malthouse on the radio at coach change time saying how Wet Toast has a finals-quality list. He may well not quite have his finger on the pulse at the moment….

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes Round 20 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back