Changes to our round 3 team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this week I think their was 3 threads discussing similar things about the game.
Don't mind the changes to our team thread. Its entertaining seeing lionshine list off his favourite players which seem to be just about everyone to replace established players in the side every week with absolutely no reasoning :rolleyes:

What gets me is that the team can change up until near on game time if people get crook or injured etc. If this thread's serious why the hell would it be closed days out from the game? Like all these lads are saying shinylion, it's not a posting competition, it's a discussion forum. Acting like a spoiled brat will get you 2/10ths of f*** all respect here. Frankly, if you derive a sense of achievement or something pumping out quantity over quality garbage on here, you need to take a good look at yourself.

Stocka, you've put a sick feeling through me with that premonition. I can already see the train ride home being spent cursing Troy, Jason & yourself. :(

What gets me is that the team can change up until near on game time if people get crook or injured etc. If this thread's serious why the hell would it be closed days out from the game? Like all these lads are saying shinylion, it's not a posting competition, it's a discussion forum. Acting like a spoiled brat will get you 2/10ths of f*** all respect here. Frankly, if you derive a sense of achievement or something pumping out quantity over quality garbage on here, you need to take a good look at yourself.

Stocka, you've put a sick feeling through me with that premonition. I can already see the train ride home being spent cursing Troy, Jason & yourself. :(

i wasn't the only one believing every word as i read that either. Who knows, perhaps Roe is just what the team needs. We need someone to gets grab the thing and run so we can create...Roe seems to like to run, even when he shouldn't.

Nah.

What will happen is this:
  • 3 points up with 40 seconds to go
  • Roe takes an uncontested mark 40m out from our defensive goal
  • No-one on the mark, so he plays on slowly
  • Gives off a handball to Selwood, who steps side-ways and almost runs into an opponent (BALL! yell the crowd), but luckily at the last minute Selwood handballs back to Roe who comes steaming past
  • Roe, now running at full-steam, takes on an on-coming opponent, baulks, beats him and then takes two bounces
  • Now about 65m out from goal, Roe start looking like a supermarket shopper who has reached the "8 Items or Less" isle with more than 8 items and is unsure what to do next . . .
  • The proceding disposal is a debacle of the highest order . . . resulting in a turn-over
  • Sydney's laser-like disposal sees the ball shot back down, straight through the middle, with a well-weighted pass that the crowd could anticipate hitting its target (an unattended B.Hall, being J.Roe's direct opponent) as soon as it left the boot
  • Hall goals from 30m out
  • End-game
This sends a shiver down my spine. If your crystal ball is accurate and this turns out a reality I curse you Stocka. “May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your pubes.”:D

I think everyone gets a bit carried away with having to make changes to the side. I took alot out of last weeks loss as our ability to come back is pleasing however it would be great if we do not put ourselves into this position again. I think vossy should have changed the game plan though and shouldn't have left it as a shout out as their midfield was to good for ours.

I think selwood and stiller should play this week. You need selfless players like selwood in your team and i am sure everyone of his teammates is gald he is in their side. Stiller also needs a few games to gain confidence and find the ball again. Dropping him now would do no good. If players in the 2's should be coming up into the 1's then they will play well this weekend in the 2's and keep the pressure on. This can only be good for the club. Bringing ppl in an out based on one game is no good. We need to build momentum and with blacky back i think this will take some pressure off guys like stiller and he will play well this weekend.

Personally I'd like us to field 23, or even 24 players from now on, and for them all to have jetpacks or shoes with Flubber-soles.

I think Sheedy has tried this, albeit, unsuccessfully.

How about the time when he got away with playing D.Bewick as a 19th player, hiding in the shadow of the behind post in a forward pocket at the MCG?! How long did he get away with that one for?! Felt like 2-3 months back at the time . . .

I reckon someone should make a Hollywood blockbuster movie about Sheedy. Robin Williams would be a good choice for the title role. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes to our round 3 team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back