Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wells has done a sensational job over the long journey re recruiting

However he has had 3 high pick busts - and they all couldnt kick Tenance Smedts and Fogarty
Speaking of great kicks, did you grow up trying to emulate your great namesake?
I did. Those orgasmic stab passes on the run must have given Wadey half his 800 odd goals at Geelong.

Ok side but few queries. Blics in the ruck is annoying. Not as he can't do it but more as we move one of our best and most important players out of their position. Feel like Smith or Buzza may be a late in anyhow.

Fog and Bews in is good. Thought Constable might be a chance and should be emergency at least but there is enough there midfield wise. J Selwood, Guthrie and Parfitt must lift though. Between the three last week was absolute garbage and the reason we were so badly outplayed.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

Speaking of great kicks, did you grow up trying to emulate your great namesake?
I did. Those orgasmic stab passes on the run must have given Wadey half his 800 odd goals at Geelong.

Talking about Billy Goggin - i was reading about Geoff Jennings - you would remember him- the ex Footscray centreman rover - pretty talented player

And when he was a kid - he was an avid Geel supporter - and wore no 35 on his back - Goggin was his idol - and then Billy got appointed coach of Footscray - and he was Jennings coach - hows that hey

However he has had 3 high pick busts - and they all couldnt kick Tenance Smedts and Fogarty

Tenace is probably the biggest bust of his 20 odd years... I think thats one of the selection that he went with the herd. I can still remember Michael Turner saying Tenace was either 1 or 2 i that draft.

Im not sure where David Ugrenic sits but that would be a good one as well

Bookies betting $1.0000000001 on there being a late change. I'll say Buzza for Dahl.

Disappointing to go back to picking two defenders too many. Better be wrong and a defender is going out.
Don't think it looks that defender heavy to me. Especially if Blics is chopping out in ruck a bit. All of O'Connor, 2y and Clark can move up the ground a bit and be decent.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

Talking about Billy Goggin - i was reading about Geoff Jennings - you would remember him- the ex Footscray centreman rover - pretty talented player

And when he was a kid - he was an avid Geel supporter - and wore no 35 on his back - Goggin was his idol - and then Billy got appointed coach of Footscray - and he was Jennings coach - hows that hey

How tall was Goggin.. I think he had short man syndrome..either that or he had a cheese grater personality.. but he not everyone can be Capt Happy.

If Fog had more talent, he'd be a better kick.
Parsons has more natural talent but needs a position- like wing, hbf.
Vdubs, mate, please. Fogarty is a proper footballer. Not an athlete pretending to be one like Parsons.

I'd still take Fogarty all day every day over the other two. He will be okay, he goes hard.

On Moto G (5) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vdubs, mate, please. Fogarty is a proper footballer. Not an athlete pretending to be one like Parsons.
Parsons is a genuine footballer , not an athlete. Just because he can run and kick better...

How tall was Goggin.. I think he had short man syndrome..either that or he had a cheese grater personality.. but he not everyone can be Capt Happy.
He was a classic rover, sheer brilliant player, and a great personality, a fiery coach who tried to get the best out of every player.
Did he succeed? Not always, but as Rod Blake said, he was a doer and he respected that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parsons is a genuine footballer , not an athlete. Just because he can run and kick better...
Genuine question.. If Parsons was as promising a kid as you talk.. Why did he get picked up via the rookie draft? What was the knock on him his last year in the TAC to go from Vic Metro to struggling to get a go?

Geeze you've gone early on Fog being a bust I reckon

The Crows one is for sure.. how much would he cost. !!! Est. R1 as he is contracted ..the Crows can just sit on their hands..

We are yet to see Lochie Fogartys best in the afl.. we need more grunt in the middle so its all infront of him really.

Last edited:
I used to see him at the dish lickers with Polly,my guess aroung 5ft 10 in the old.
He was just under 5’9. Polly was only 6’3.
The average height of players is greater these days. In the 1963 Grand Final, John Yeates
our second ruck was the tallest ruckman in the league, to put that into modern perspective
he was the same height as Patrick Cripps, 6’5”.

He was just under 5’9. Polly was only 6’3.
The average height of players is greater these days. In the 1963 Grand Final, John Yeates
our second ruck was the tallest ruckman in the league, to put that into modern perspective
he was the same height as Patrick Cripps, 6’5”.
Big Bill Ryan 188cm 6'2''HFF today.

MOC has improved a lot but Betts is incredibly crafty and Bews has played on him well a lot more times than MOC has. Id rather trust him with that job just for this week.

Hasnt played top level footy for a bloody long time, tough first up assignment don't you reckon?

Hasnt played top level footy for a bloody long time, tough first up assignment don't you reckon?

It is but he's an 8th year player not a kid he should be equipped to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back