Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fort does not come back in ever. Stanley should only play if the opposition ruckman is a complete spud. He should be in the VFL this week working on his squats to stop him getting rag-doled by a B-grade ruckman. Hopefully Sav is fit to replace Darcy. Smith can replace Stanley.

Stupid thing is Stanley tends to go better against the gun rucks and worse against the rookies and nobodies you expect him to smash.

Stanley's problem is that he needs a consistent block of games to play well.

Since round 8 he has gone played, missed, played, missed, played, bye, played.

He is just not a natural footballer.

This appears to be a good call.

We lost Ottens in 2011, Podsiadly in 2013 and have not even come close to replacing either,two key areas.

Or Ling.

Last edited:

Scott's presser:

- Kelly, Dahlhaus, Henry all fine
- Rohan tracking well and seems like he will be available
- Were overly cautious with Ratugolea, he will be available for Friday
- Menegola still 2-3 weeks away
- Cockatoo in good shape but "some weeks off playing"
- JSelwood has been managing a knee issue all season which has been limiting his output

He's only just turned 29; a bit early to stick the fork in you would think.

If perennial struggler Matt de Boer (also 29) can transform himself into an effective run-with player then surely Scott Selwood can. I guess it's more to do with how his ankle(s) are holding up.

The issue is Guthrie is currently playing the defensive mid spot, although not as a full on tagger as you're suggesting.
I don't think there is room for both, so it's one or the other.

And as much as Guthrie has been inconsistent at times, I would rather him play tbh

The issue is Guthrie is currently playing the defensive mid spot, although not as a full on tagger as you're suggesting.
I don't think there is room for both, so it's one or the other.

And as much as Guthrie has been inconsistent at times, I would rather him play tbh

Guthrie lacks the physical presence of SSelwood in the cut and thrust and that's where we are getting done over. Our clearance numbers have been poor and our stoppage setup needs to be rejigged. Guthrie only managed the one clearance on the weekend which is a bit of an indictment on a midfielder. I'd prefer him on the wing to be honest.

Perhaps SSelwood replaces Joel for a few weeks to give that dicky knee a rest.

Last edited:
Scott's presser:

- JSelwood has been managing a knee issue all season which has been limiting his output
Considering just how little influence Joel is having every week he should not be playing. Whats the point? As good as he is when fit he is clearly hobbled and needs a good block of time off before finals.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Sav is there to fill a role. Part of the one-up, bring the ball to the ground for the crumbers thingo. Working well while a player with quite some upside is getting invaluable experience. And I can't readily think of anyone who has taken him to the cleaners.

I think he's there to fill a role for sure and i think their desire to stick rigidly to a structure that needs that role (we will see come finals whether that idea is right or wrong) is why he keeps getting picked, because his output doesnt demand it. My issue is ive seen nothing in him or any of our kpfs to give me confidence they can lead our forward line post Hawkins.

I think he's there to fill a role for sure and i think their desire to stick rigidly to a structure that needs that role (we will see come finals whether that idea is right or wrong) is why he keeps getting picked, because his output doesnt demand it. My issue is ive seen nothing in him or any of our kpfs to give me confidence they can lead our forward line post Hawkins.
The same could have been said of Hawkins early on.

Crows are making some changes too...

"ADELAIDE replicated the tight constraints of GMHBA Stadium at training in a bid to snap its 16-year hoodoo at Geelong on Friday night. Playing more centrally, less switching of the ball and avoiding the pockets is what the Crows will focus on as they attempt to end a 10-match losing streak in Geelong."

But will the Crows partake in a dinner party including an offering of Butter Chicken at the local Dosa Hut?
#lolmarty

Considering just how little influence Joel is having every week he should not be playing. Whats the point? As good as he is when fit he is clearly hobbled and needs a good block of time off before finals.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he needs to keep an amount of loading and match fitness? But I do agree.

I think they should seriously give some thought to only playing him on extremely carefully managed minutes in the VFL as part of a program aimed to have him as good as possible by September. But it feels a bit blasphemous to even be thinking about.

Scott's presser:

I don't think Cockatoo will ever be a player for us again, but gee-whizz it'd be nice to have him in the team as a regular. That forward half of the ground would be a nightmare in September for opposition coaches with Rohan, Cocky and Miers running around. His injuries are not going to stop happening though - I just can't see it happening. It's a real shame for him and the club.

Scott's presser:

So in other words.......COOKED!!!!!

Crows are making some changes too...

"ADELAIDE replicated the tight constraints of GMHBA Stadium at training in a bid to snap its 16-year hoodoo at Geelong on Friday night. Playing more centrally, less switching of the ball and avoiding the pockets is what the Crows will focus on as they attempt to end a 10-match losing streak in Geelong."
Can’t see it helping -just don’t think they are much chop.

Constable with 33 in the VFL needs to be considered- his ability to get first possession in tight and use addresses our weak clearances.
Need to get the balance right but I think there’s room for him and Menegola in our best midfield group

Constable is a terrific contested ball winner, who can also play Forward or Back + kicks a goal. He has the versatility, which Scott values. He definitely needs more games for development + experience. I like him, would love to see him play this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back