Changes v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish people would stop generalising that DeBoer has bad skills. He is not a great kick but within his limitations he has developed an adequate kick over 30 to 40 M. He does however have great hands, handles the ball cleanly in contests, has good vision and hits the target by hand. He can read the play and knows how to position himself around a contest. Combined with his ferocious appetite for the contest and his footy smarts this makes him a more than handy AFL footballer. He could quite easily develop into a very good run with player to inherit Crowley's spot.
E shed, my uni lecturer used to say trying to stop generalising is like trying to have sex without a hard on ,you can try all you like but in the END its not going to happen.:D

The Carlton side could be potentially much stronger than the outfit which played North. They could bring in Yarran, Bower, McLean and possibly Henderson to stretch our defence.

IN: Broughton, Palmer, DeBoer, Bucovaz
OUT: Van Berlo, Schammer, Clarke, Ibbotson

I'd bring Ruffles in if it wasn't on such a terrible playing surface, last thing we'd want to see is some kind of leg injury caused by the shifting turf. I think we still seem too short down back, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that without McPharlin.

I think Hayden will be too slow to play on Yarran.

Good thing Yarran is shit. And lazy.

I'd put Duffield on him and hope we don't turn the ball over coming out of defence. If there's one thing shit players that don't chase love it's being all on their own inside 50 with the ball coming back in.

The Carlton side could be potentially much stronger than the outfit which played North. They could bring in Yarran, Bower, McLean and possibly Henderson to stretch our defence.

I'd bring Ruffles in if it wasn't on such a terrible playing surface, last thing we'd want to see is some kind of leg injury caused by the shifting turf. I think we still seem too short down back, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that without McPharlin.
Agree with your changes. Dont think there'll be that many, but I would do what you have. Schammer wasn't bad against Carlton last year - maybe he earns a reprieve despite being ordinary.

Agree with your changes. Dont think there'll be that many, but I would do what you have. Schammer wasn't bad against Carlton last year - maybe he earns a reprieve despite being ordinary.
Schammer I guess would have to stay in as they have 3 half decent small forwards so we would probably use Schammer Broughton and Hayden.
Mind you would like to see someone inject Roger with the missing zip he seems to have lost this year

On AFL Winners they said that Van Berlo will miss with an ankle. Clarke can't retain his spot after a whole two touches. So those are automatic. I am fed up with Ibbo as well but I doubt they'll choose this round to drop him. Schammer could go either way and I suspect he might get a reprieve.

IN: Palmer, Broughton, DeBoer

OUT: Clarke, VB, Schammer

Can they NOT bring in DeBoer for VB? If so maybe retain Schammer. I don't like the three ruckmen (inc Kepler) either.

That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about that.

I'd still like to see Walters come in for Clarke. Ibbo I think will stay in and I agree with your other 2 changes.

I now think the match ups would be;

Broughton on Yarran
Hayden on Garlett
Taz on Betts.

In: Broughton, Palmer, Bucavaz (Not sure too much about him, but has been playing well in the WAFL and pretty sure could play a similar role to what Mayne has been playing)
Out: Clarke, JVB (if injured), Shammer

Our inside 50 count has been pretty low the last two weeks in comparison to the start of the season. Who can we bring in that will help with that?

Walters maybe?

Agree that Hinkley should be added to give us some speed. Ibbo while poor should play this week and be given one job - to stop Judd, he has done it before and if he can do the job on him might give him some confidence to break out of this rut he is in - one past chance.

Walters, Ruffles, Roberton, Palmer, Broughton and Bucovaz would all be in the mix this week you'd hope too. Should be an interesting Thursday arvo

I like your thoughts on Hinkley and Ibbotson.

I am still scratching me head with the way Clarke was played. I guess in the end if we were going to him as a forward I am asking why Bucca was not preferred. At the very least he seems much more likely to add some defensive pressure up forward.

In the last couple of games our selection and coaching performances have slipped a bit. I wonder if the panel feel like they had the Midas touch and everything the did would turn to gold?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Palmer,De Boer and Broughton trained well this morning with Palmer and De Boer spending a lot of time on set and snap shots on goal
All 3 could come in
Johnno trained well and looks fit,will come straight back after the break
Mcpharlan and Des did all that was asked of them and are not to far away
No sign of Mayne

Cheers Salim! :thumbsu:

Your lecturer had never met a lesbian.

Quoted for accuracy! ha ha!! :cool:

In the last couple of games our selection and coaching performances have slipped a bit. I wonder if the panel feel like they had the Midas touch and everything the did would turn to gold?

Possibly, although I think it's been remarkably hard to cover for Broughts.

With Suban's output down a bit (confidence?), Pav being well held/targetted and perhaps our last two opponents attacking the Sandi tap better than us we've found ourselves having to fight back. Couldn't quite do it off-form which is encouraging.

The whole comp is tight really while a variable performance will see you found out pretty quickly (see Collingwood).

Possibly, although I think it's been remarkably hard to cover for Broughts.

With Suban's output down a bit (confidence?), Pav being well held/targetted and perhaps our last two opponents attacking the Sandi tap better than us we've found ourselves having to fight back. Couldn't quite do it off-form which is encouraging.

The whole comp is tight really while a variable performance will see you found out pretty quickly (see Collingwood).

Yes Broughton's injury is impacting us. MacPharlin also. That is pretty much par for any AFL side, and given the performances of our rookie list I don't want to complain too much about the impact of injuries; we almost have a squad and a quarter to choose from.

Our inside 50 count has been pretty low the last two weeks in comparison to the start of the season. Who can we bring in that will help with that?

Someone that can hit a target coming out of the backline. And TBH, i'm not sure we have anyone else that isn't injured.

Palmer would help in the middle though.

Schammer had his first game of AFL football this season and is under a lot of pressure. He wasn't too bad, and compared to Ibbotson it's a no brainer. Was I the only one that saw Ibbotson duck a contest and fall to the ground a few times? Way too soft. The thing is... who do you bring in? DeBoer? Laughable. Maybe Pearce? Hopefully Palmer and Broughton are back.

Just watched the first half of the StK match and thought the calls for Schammer to be dropped have so far been a fair bit over the top. Must have had a bit of a stinker in the last half of the match, because the first wasn't too bad. Certainly not even close to one of our worst. Will hopefully have enough time to look at the rest of the match tonight, but gee, after forcing your way into the side with the way he has played so far this year, you would have to feel pretty hard done by to be dropped for what i've seen so far.

The general consensus for not getting a game was that his disposal is not up to scratch. Aside from a quick snap out of the pack under pressure in the first quater, I don't think anyone could complain about his skills.

When Memories is picking Schammer over other players in a no contest, it makes you wonder about some of the other supporters.

Anyone got the info for his TOG?

Just watched the first half of the StK match and thought the calls for Schammer to be dropped have so far been a fair bit over the top. Must have had a bit of a stinker in the last half of the match, because the first wasn't too bad. Certainly not even close to one of our worst. Will hopefully have enough time to look at the rest of the match tonight, but gee, after forcing your way into the side with the way he has played so far this year, you would have to feel pretty hard done by to be dropped for what i've seen so far.

The general consensus for not getting a game was that his disposal is not up to scratch. Aside from a quick snap out of the pack under pressure in the first quater, I don't think anyone could complain about his skills.

When Memories is picking Schammer over other players in a no contest, it makes you wonder about some of the other supporters.

Anyone got the info for his TOG?

Agreed. People are bagging him for his missed shot on goal, but he hit the friggin post from 45 on an angle. Sheesh. He's definitely a depth player now but we need that depth this week. Plus he has a strong body. So he plays this week. Just don't cough the ball up like you used to.

Schammer needs to learn his limitations with kicking, as De Boer clearly has done (almost to a fault when you see him kicking on goal). Needs to be the guy on the bottom of the packs.

Schammer's meant to be a senior player that runs through the midfield. It isn't as if he has come back from injury either. 15 touches isn't good enough for someone whose only skill is collecting the ball - it's not as if he had a defensive role. The fact he had the most clangers and gave away the most free kicks on the for the team also works against him.

Unless you think he should stay because he tried. Everyone out there except Ibbotson tries.

A lot depends on whether Broughton and Palmer come up.
If Palmer is good to go I imagine he's a straight swap for Schammer.
If Broughts doesn't play I wouldn't be completely surprised for Ruffles to come in as a half forward and DeBoer to go back. Ruffles has a pretty good defensive game and is a good kick for goal, plus he adds pace and class. DeBoer as a defender or run with might allow Rodger to play forward more. Rodger is looking better as a forward than a defender at the mo.

I counted exactly zero times on Sunday that Byron lined up inside the centre square. He spent almost all of his time at half forward. 15 touches is a good return from a flanker. I don't see anyone calling for Nat Fyfe to be dropped because he didn't get enough footy but I reckon he would've got a similar number.

I counted exactly zero times on Sunday that Byron lined up inside the centre square. He spent almost all of his time at half forward. 15 touches is a good return from a flanker. I don't see anyone calling for Nat Fyfe to be dropped because he didn't get enough footy but I reckon he would've got a similar number.
How often is the ball won solely in the centre square?

Goddard line up mostly across half back and got 33 touches. De Boer played half forward against North and got 24 touches

Fyfe hasn't started in the square in any game this season, yet still has racked up more ball in many of his games.

The sad fact is that the game has gone past Schammer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back