Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
After a 13 day break, this was as dismal as it gets.
Any changes apart from Walters?
Where does the team go from here?

In:
Emmett- like for like, that’s it really.

Erasmus- if coaches want to punish this week, he’s first off the rank.

Chapman

Out:
Worner
Walters
JOM

Won’t happen though.

Just a question on Worner, was he really really bad? Genuine question. I didn’t watch the game, just assumed that most of the team was shocking

Brodie and Wagner were clearly best on for Peel. But seems like Brodie has his papers stamped anyway and won't even get a look in.

Out:
Walters
Worner

In:
Emmett/Simpson (neither were impressive today but we have no other options)
Chapman/Wagner

Plenty of players who really should not be playing this week. Draper one of them. Would've loved to have Cox back. Walker shocking but otherwise been decent all year so can't see him getting dropped. Midfield were smashed but JL hates making changing there so can't see any of that happening.

Just a question on Worner, was he really really bad? Genuine question. I didn’t watch the game, just assumed that most of the team was shocking
I feel he was just underprepared to thrown in the backline at the last moment.

I would like to see Brodie finally get a go - he had 32 disposals for Peel

shame we can't have Wilson - he's kicked 5 goals today!

Any outs has to include Josh Draper, otherwise you can’t be serious
Been so poor for the last few months really aside from that Melbourne game. But all the talk around him is that he's doing a great job filling in so we have the luxury to not need to rush Cox back. The coaches are gonna keep choosing him until they can't anymore.

I feel he was just underprepared to thrown in the backline at the last moment.

I would like to see Brodie finally get a go - he had 32 disposals for Peel

shame we can't have Wilson - he's kicked 5 goals today!
I think Brodie's papers are stamped. He regularly gets it 30 times a game but there is little to no damage done by his disposals. I doubt we see him in purple again unless we have no choice.

In hindsight we should have brought Davies in for Draper for a look a couple of weeks ago. I’d still be tempted if Cox is 2 weeks away
He seemed to play so well against Melbourne - his game died as soon as Walters was injured. I think he heavily relies on him.

Unfortunately, we all looked good against Melbourne

Been so poor for the last few months really aside from that Melbourne game. But all the talk around him is that he's doing a great job filling in so we have the luxury to not need to rush Cox back. The coaches are gonna keep choosing him until they can't anymore.
I fear the same but if the coach’s do and we continue to serve up performance’s like today , with Draper a big part of that then jlo deserves all the shit that comes his way .

Lost count the amount of soft efforts he did that directly had a hand in so many bulldogs goals.

I fear the same but if the coach’s do and we continue to serve up performance’s like today , with Draper a big part of that then jlo deserves all the shit that comes his way .

Lost count the amount of soft efforts he did that directly had a hand in so many bulldogs goals.
there were a lot of soft efforts, hence the final score

Sharp with 4 possessions, even Serong and Yong were turning it over, Treacy missed goals, Switta was missing, Frederick was out of sorts - they were all shit

at least Sturt and Banfield kicked 3 goals each

JL has already excused the backs for their performance by blaming the mids. Didn't realise it was the mids fault that Pearce and Ryan were losing 3v1s all day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the Draper comments BUT our mids were abysmal.

Defensively our mids were horrid. They just walked it out the front door so much or kept their width and found their guys with ease through handball.

Once in that stage it’s near impossible for Draper and our defense in general.

Draper is a product of the team. He’s not Pearce who can cover poor midfield efforts.

He will get dropped for Cox soon enough.

Our mids need to regather.

I get the Draper comments BUT our mids were abysmal.

Defensively our mids were horrid. They just walked it out the front door so much or kept their width and found their guys with ease through handball.

Once in that stage it’s near impossible for Draper and our defense in general.

Draper is a product of the team. He’s not Pearce who can cover poor midfield efforts.

He will get dropped for Cox soon enough.

Our mids need to regather.
You can blame some of it on the mids, but the amount of times Draper was ball watching was unforgiveable really and had nothing to do with the mids. And he doesn't have a good enough resume for that to be excused. His performances recently bar the Melbourne game (for obvious reasons) have been pretty poor. Davies should have been given an opportunity several weeks ago.

It was an unpopular opinion at the time when I suggested it, but we should have dropped Draper a month ago. We had a chance to be proactive and blood two young KPDs while Cox was injured, instead we played it conservatively.

Draper has potential, but has so far to go still. He looks slow, unsure and his defensive positioning isn’t natural. But what do you expect when a 20 year old project KPP has now played more AFL games than senior WAFL ones. It’s not his fault, he’s just not ready.

But we aren’t making the change now. Not until Cox is back. Even though I personally think Davies and Murphy will both be the better players.

All I’m expecting is…

In - Emmett, Chapman
Out - Walters, Worner

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Gold Coast ( Round 15 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back