Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I’d bring in Reidy. I think he’s worth a shot and of all the opposition rucks, Meek is an alright match up for him. And I mostly just want to keep Treacy forward.

But we’ve shown our selection hand already this year and it’ll be Voss in for Darcy. Which I’m perfectly fine with anyway.

If Draper doesn’t get up, in comes Davies. Like for like.

The interesting one is Walker. If fit, he comes back in. And like for like suggests either Wagner or Aish go out, even though they both played really well. I wouldn’t want to make the call there.

I think the fact we brought Walters straight back in after his injury pretty much rules out him making way.

Davies isn't like for like with Draper. Draper is the better player.

Key defender for key defender is as like for like as you’ll get.

They play differently

Davies plays more of a man on man stopper. Draper takes on the game a lot more and is a much better intercept mark.

Davies still has a way to go to reach Drapers level.

They play differently

Davies plays more of a man on man stopper. Draper takes on the game a lot more and is a much better intercept mark.

Fair summary but Davies is quickly catching up now he has his confidence up
Might even be the better player of the two in the long term but they compliment each other with their strengths which is good for us when AP retires

After listening to treacy interview on abc after game

In : a warm front to heat things up for the WA boys who can’t handle the cold weather 🤣

They play differently

Not sure I agree on the marking part. Davies has always typically played more of a marking game, back to their junior days. Definitely one of his strengths. And let’s not pretend Draper was doing well before his injury, Balta was all over him.

But regardless, if he was to miss than the next key defender up is like for like.

Pretty sure he snapped the goal against lions on the right foot.. anyway that far out don't think that was the reason

Also this goal at peel on the right

Pity his snaps on goal have deserted him, used to snap then and couldn't miss
Do you mean the goal he snapped against the lions in your avatar gif...?

Do you mean the goal he snapped against the lions in your avatar gif...?
No. The first game of this season against the lions. Just went back to look at lions game all goals kicked and it was a snap on the right foot from maybe 15 m -20m out , out after crumbling it

The one in the gif is when he kicked 4 that day

Last edited:
Voss deserves to come in based on form, but to maintain the triple J structure , would be inclined to bring in Reidy. Worst case scenario Reidy gets decimated in the ruck, swap Jackson to ruck and Reidy in fwd line or subbed off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t mind Fyfe just casually walking through the Hawks quarter time huddle and giving Mitchell a massive corkie after all these years
We'll just give one to their season instead

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

Yeah I’m not worried about this game or the Melb and Geelong games. Those 3 teams have been our bunnies in recent times.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reidy must be close to getting picked. Has been very good in the WAFL, and will allow Jackson to stay forward and improve his forward craft.

I know Voss is playing very good football as well, so it is probably a 50/50 call but it is not a clear cut as everyone thinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back