Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t mind him up forward tbh.
This is what I'm hoping for at some stage. He's looked good when he's accidentally wound up there, and would reduce the impact of his bad turnovers.

Hawthorn had a big gorilla on there back mentally heading into that game.

The emotional toll of beating Geelong for the first time since the 2008 GF in the prelim.

Throw in 2011 & 2012 were flags they should have won.

If they lost in 2013 it would have been 3 wasted years of a team at premiership peak.

History shows though they broke it and went on to win 3-straight.

But we didnt disgrace ourselves its probably the best we played against Hawks in the whole Ross Lyon era.
Matt Nicholls had an under rated game for the Hawks.
I was surprised he didn't poll a single Norm Smith vote, when I thought he was Hawthorn's best that day

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's why many say that this current squad actually has way more talent. That squad in 2013 era was quite polarised with a fair few below average players, Sutcliffe and Sheridan to name just two. That hawks list was brimming with talent and had a good player in every position.

We've done so well and had a bit of luck loading up on talent this time around. Some really good hits on guys like Treacy, Switta, Frederick, and really nailing all our top picks, Sturt and Chapman included.

The 2016 draft got us rolling, we got Andy in 2017, the cake in 2019, and the icing in 2021.
100%

2013 had a better top end or more accurately, the top end was at or near their peak. The guys now have a fair bit of work to do to match Pav et al. They do have time on their side though.

But our bottom 10 are far superior talents now.

Equally crazy is that they have such little trust in Wagner and Aish playing smalls that Chapman was given the gig last week. I'd love some commentary from JL on why...

Chapman had played on Bolton before in the 2022 drawn game so I guess that's why he was the match up with Walker out injured.

Chapman had played on Bolton before in the 2022 drawn game so I guess that's why he was the match up with Walker out injured.
Chapman was actually very good against Bolton with Bolton kicking 3 of his 4 goals as a result of turnovers when Chappy was caugtht out only because he was running off his man to gain a possession which he should be doing as we were in possession of thd ball before the turnover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I'm hoping for at some stage. He's looked good when he's accidentally wound up there, and would reduce the impact of his bad turnovers.
Walks might be the small forward we’ve been crying out for. Has the attributes.

I feel exactly the opposite. We can’t both be right so one of us is a ****ing idiot.
I hope I'm the idiot. I suppose I just don't fully trust the team yet like I did with the 2012-2015 team. Not that they would always win but they would always show up to play and if they got beat was because they weren't good enough not because the effort wasn't there.

I hope I'm the idiot. I suppose I just don't fully trust the team yet like I did with the 2012-2015 team.
They dropped a game they shouldn’t have against the dogs and seem to have learned from it. There’s no guarantee of course but I’m relatively confident they can outscore the Hawks when their forward line is severely compromised

Chapman was actually very good against Bolton with Bolton kicking 3 of his 4 goals as a result of turnovers when Chappy was caugtht out only because he was running off his man to gain a possession which he should be doing as we were in possession of thd ball before the turnover.

I thought so too, but I can understand how others disagree because of the amount of scoring shots Bolton had. Definitely a couple of goals were Bolton being at the end of the chain as defenders were drawn over the top. One of his other shots at goals came from a mark in front of Luke Ryan where he copped a knock in the fall and he didn't convert from about 30m out.

The Richmond team is fairly new to me so I don't know much about some of their other smaller forwards but Freo coaches must have felt that a smaller defender wasn't the best match up for Bolton because of his 1 vs 1 marking ability.

RIP to his Dad and everything but what kind of name is Calsher?
watching season 5 GIF

I see the name Calsher and I always think of this clip.

‘Say Calshah… say it Frenchy!’

That probably accounts for the free kick count being even.
That was outrageous. I was sitting on a wing and it should’ve been a Freo free kick every stoppage at the very minimum; Hawthorn players were using Sandi as a jungle gym. I’ve never seen any player so consistently held. And then there’s all the dirty crap that Hawthorn team did every game…

100%

2013 had a better top end or more accurately, the top end was at or near their peak. The guys now have a fair bit of work to do to match Pav et al. They do have time on their side though.

But our bottom 10 are far superior talents now.

Not to mention the likes of Fyfe (3rd year) and Neale (2nd year) in 2013 were still a way from the peak of their powers. Current list has a better balance of core talent priming together

That was outrageous. I was sitting on a wing and it should’ve been a Freo free kick every stoppage at the very minimum; Hawthorn players were using Sandi as a jungle gym. I’ve never seen any player so consistently held. And then there’s all the dirty crap that Hawthorn team did every game…
Not to mention the likes of Fyfe (3rd year) and Neale (2nd year) in 2013 were still a way from the peak of their powers. Current list has a better balance of core talent priming together
1720793658909.gif

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back