Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the rumour that Reid might not play? There's also a rumour about Howe. Do we have anyone left?
I don't know the Reid rumour, will ask MB who first mentioned it but Howe is not a rumour, even Balme mentioned him as sore, waiting to see if he gets up. Game time in VFL today will shed some light, ie how many players are held over or just play a half like Caff last week.

Last edited:
Didn't see Marsh in that footage (but then again, the camera was just trained on Cloke, so he might very well have been there out of frame). Frost could still get the arse (although with the rumours going around about Reid, I doubt it)...
Content and source of rumours about Reid?

Content and source of rumours about Reid?

The rumour is that he's got a quad problem. The source is (apparently) Tom Browne from 7 News (same guy I quoted above), but I can't find anything on it.

Still, it's Ben Reid, so you can't just discount it out of hand...

Has Oxley been that bad this season? This time last year, Cloke kicked 7 and Oxley took about 14 intercept marks.

What relevance does last year's game have?

Has Oxley been that bad this season? This time last year, Cloke kicked 7 and Oxley took about 14 intercept marks.

Oxley's April form, very good.
Oxley's May form, atrocious.

Oxley hasnt touched it the last 4 weeks.

However your point is well made. Both ox and cloke were core components of the side last year when we were playing well, so their decline in such a short period is symbolic of the side this year.

We can blame injuries, but we also need to acknowledge we have too many players out of form

However your point is well made. Both ox and cloke were core components of the side last year when we were playing well, so their decline in such a short period is symbolic of the side this year.

We can blame injuries, but we also need to acknowledge we have too many players out of form

I don't think Oxley and Cloke make massive difference. Might for other Players

Oxley was playing fine until Howe went back and started playing his position to a higher standard. It's not really surprising. He can't really play as a one-on-one defender.

Similar trajectory to last season's form - started strongly when the weather was dry and the games were open and free-flowing. But struggles when the style of play is hard-hitting and contested. Think of him as a poor man's Andrew Mackie.

FYI - Anyone not following VFL - both Brown and Goodyear are playing at Casey so will be at least 3 ins from Witts, Marsh, Phillips, Williams (more if Howe or someone else eg Reid rumour doesn't play)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oxley was playing fine until Howe went back and started playing his position to a higher standard. It's not really surprising. He can't really play as a one-on-one defender.
Howe about moving Oxley to a wing, where we can utilise him better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back