Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloke's game on Sunday wasn't much different to what he did the first few weeks. If that is the basis for dropping him again then fair play. He should've been breathing fire against Port but he wasn't.

On the plus side it means Jesse White can play well again, for some reason Cloke's presence puts him back in his shell.
I think Clokes presence puts everyone back in their shell.

Watch the video.

According to Browne, Cloke and Buckley reportedly exchanged "fiery, heated words" at a team meeting yesterday.

At a meeting???? Same as Harry O/L. I am a fan but Buckley should've been/needs to be more professional. Yes it is all going to shit for him but he can not get sucked into a tit for tat and one of the 300 useless meetings they probably have per week.

At a meeting???? Same as Harry O/L. I am a fan but Buckley should've been/needs to be more professional. Yes it is all going to shit for him but he can not get sucked into a tit for tat and one of the 300 useless meetings they probably have per week.

Maybe Cloke does not need to lose his Cool

I wouldn't read too much into it until a more reliable source pokes their head up.

Probably the wrong thread, but serious question: what would a Hawthorn be willing to offer for Cloke?

Jon Ralph said on the Fox Footy pre-game that Hawthorn, along with the frequently mentioned usual suspects (Fremantle, Gold Coast, Richmond) are not interested. "I could not find a suitor for him" was his summation.

McGuire, for what it's worth, repeated the company line: 18 months to go on his contract, required player, he's just in the 2s to find his form...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph said on the Fox Footy pre-game that Hawthorn, along with the frequently mentioned usual suspects (Fremantle, Gold Coast, Richmond) are not interested. "I could not find a suitor for him" was his summation.

McGuire, for what it's worth, repeated the company line: 18 months to go on his contract, required player, he's just in the 2s to find his form...

TBH, I'm not surprised as I'm in the 'game is rapidly passing him by' camp. Although, if Hawthorn wanted to keep having a crack with their vets, it could make sense. It might depend on whether Hawks remain competitive this year. He's obviously not a 'like-for-like replacement' for Roughy, of course.

Same shit every year at round 11. Some one will bite.

Not to state an obvious question, but do you really think the coach and coaching group don't go to players, let's use Cloke as an example and say " we want you to do this and that... " "Travis, we know how good you are, you can go out again and do it again..."
Just makes no sense that there is no discussion and motivation, in many forms.
That said, if you are talking to say a "plank of wood" it's sometimes hard to get through.
If the said player is disinterested for whatever reason, how much can a bear bare?
If said player has slowed down because Father Time has paid a visit what can the coach do?

With Travis, he's playing for his career, if that is not motivation, then sorry, either he's slowed, football dumb or having a sulk. I suspect the game is moving away from him and his best hope is a fresh start. I also am guessing he's not really football smart. It's now up to him and he can rip a VFL game or two in shreds if he's any good these days.

Players are at the Club day on day, hour on hour, they are surrounded by support staff and all sorts of people and I'm sure there is motivation.... But ultimately Travis has to do it.

What he can't run to the ball, get the ball, use it well?

And I thought Travis would have a big year, I got it badly wrong, but I will be cheering if he returns to form.

But in this one, it's on Travis not Nathan.

Let me say firstly that I believe Cloke has plenty of good football left in him.
I don't know what is going on within the inner sanctum of the club but something is not right. The team as a whole is inconsistent. Our best football is very good but we have been unable to reach that level for a sustained period. My view is that Buckley does not have the ability to coach at the highest level.

Hopefully Eddie is slowly realising changes are required at every level of club, and is not blinkered by the fact that it would mean he would have to admit he got it wrong with the Buckley appointment. The club is in crisis.

Yes next year will be painful watching Cloke kick a bag for the Hawks and probably win another flag. All of this just to prove a point, nice one Bucks. Jesus Christ.

He's no chance of going yo the hawks. They like multi position players. Cloke ain't one.

Doggies, Freo, Suns or even Bears s chance.

Stunned Goldsack not in the 25.

Played very well against Werribee

Excellent match for Watts/Dawes/Frost. And if Reid and Howe are in doubt surely the Sack plays?

Our selections under this coaching panel are a worry. It is one thing they are consistent at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back