Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don't think he is done. I think the right coach can get him back to his best.
A question?
What can the coach do that Travis can't do?
I mean Travis can use his tank, he can take marks, he can kick long, he can get into contests, he can use his body.
At some point either Travis does it himself or the game passes him by.

Maybe he needs a reboot somewhere else, in the mean time, don't get why he can't run and dominate opponents?

A question?
What can the coach do that Travis can't do?
I mean Travis can use his tank, he can take marks, he can kick long, he can get into contests, he can use his body.
At some point either Travis does it himself or the game passes him by.

Maybe he needs a reboot somewhere else, in the mean time, don't get why he can't run and dominate opponents?

Provide clear instructions and motivation.

Not to state an obvious question, but do you really think the coach and coaching group don't go to players, let's use Cloke as an example and say " we want you to do this and that... " "Travis, we know how good you are, you can go out again and do it again..."
Just makes no sense that there is no discussion and motivation, in many forms.
That said, if you are talking to say a "plank of wood" it's sometimes hard to get through.
If the said player is disinterested for whatever reason, how much can a bear bare?
If said player has slowed down because Father Time has paid a visit what can the coach do?

With Travis, he's playing for his career, if that is not motivation, then sorry, either he's slowed, football dumb or having a sulk. I suspect the game is moving away from him and his best hope is a fresh start. I also am guessing he's not really football smart. It's now up to him and he can rip a VFL game or two in shreds if he's any good these days.

Players are at the Club day on day, hour on hour, they are surrounded by support staff and all sorts of people and I'm sure there is motivation.... But ultimately Travis has to do it.

What he can't run to the ball, get the ball, use it well?

And I thought Travis would have a big year, I got it badly wrong, but I will be cheering if he returns to form.

But in this one, it's on Travis not Nathan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did the coach say in his presser,to many passengers then only drops 2 players ,needs to show some balls and drop 75 percent of the passengers there's plenty in the seconds who would break their balls for a go in the firsts ,we might get beaten but we'll have a team that shows character and desire.

Surely Grundy Witts and cox can't all play.
If you combine the speed of all three, they might chase out of the forward line to about Cloke's level.:rolleyes: The Demons rebounders won't even break a sweat

I wasn't shocked with selection last night, and to be honest I'm surprised by comments around this board re: Bucks and Cloke.

- Players say "Bucks isn't tough enough".
- Bucks gets tough. Players step up.
- Players get injured, reserves are brought up - ready or not. Cloke plays but effort not there.
- Bucks gets tough. Drops said player, adhering to the team code "It's about work rate".

And then people here lose their shit and say Buckley has lost the plot?!?

It's been said here before by JOELY but when I saw Cloke charge at the pack in Q3 and then FLINCH and then SHIRK THE CONTEST in the goalsquare his cards were marked. Whatever's not working for him, time's up. Had time to fix goalkicking, had time to modify gameplan, had time to just step up and be a leader. Hasn't shown any of that. Absolutely love, love, love the big man for all he's given to the club but it's time to go.

And for all the frustration I've felt re: coaching/gameplan all year, I still back Bucks until Round 23 in his decision to instil in the playing group some sense of urgency for their spot and for maximum effort.

The players that 'should' be dropped (in BigFooty's opinion) - Frost, Toovey, Sinclair, White, et al - are still putting in effort even if they get the gameplan wrong. It's a pretty clear baseline and I think Bucks is going to sacrifice some skill error so that at least those who play by the rules will get a pardon as long as they battled hard. Clearly Bucks is also about skill - and you can see his frustration when simple kicks, handballs go wayward - but I think he sees skill error as the lesser of the evils.

To be honest, Cloke and Oxley are not going to be missed one way or another. But when our workrate goes missing, our games this year have completely collapsed.
Can't wait until the man who epitomises effort and has at least Frost and Toovey well and truly covered for skill and versatility is back. Hope it's soon, TG!

Brown and Goodyear training with the VFL Pies tonight.

Source? Vision on the Channel 7 news just a moment ago. They usually tweet the segment later on. I'll see if I can find it...

Source? Vision on the Channel 7 news just a moment ago. They usually tweet the segment later on. I'll see if I can find it...
If that indirectly means that Frost holds his place after that abysmal performance last week, that's a sad state of affairs [and I know it's not the only sign of the apocalypse].

If that indirectly means that Frost holds his place after that abysmal performance last week, that's a sad state of affairs [and I know it's not the only sign of the apocalypse].

Didn't see Marsh in that footage (but then again, the camera was just trained on Cloke, so he might very well have been there out of frame). Frost could still get the arse (although with the rumours going around about Reid, I doubt it)...

Didn't see Marsh in that footage (but then again, the camera was just trained on Cloke, so he might very well have been there out of frame). Frost could still get the arse (although with the rumours going around about Reid, I doubt it)...

Found it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back