Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we have Buss, JOD and Keath who all played well in the VFL and 2 have shown better form than Khamis and Coffield in the AFL, Lobb would go into the ruck with Darcy as the backup.

It is fine than Lobb is developing in the backline but we have to pick the best team available for this week. His role down back can be comfortably covered but no one else is physically ready for first ruck

If English is out I think Gardner will be the one to come in, resulting in Big footy melting to the ground.
No way is Darcy or L.Smith ready to Ruck significant minutes against Xerri and Lobb is going to be persisted with in defence.
North don't have a tall forward line though. Could see Lobb rotate ruck duties with Darcy. Two key defenders down back should be enough, instead of three. Game will be decided in the middle.

North don't have a tall forward line though. Could see Lobb rotate ruck duties with Darcy. Two key defenders down back should be enough, instead of three. Game will be decided in the middle.
Gardy wouldn’t be terrible to bring in for some extra cover
Could easily stand Teakle/Pink as well

Whilst I agree tinkering with the backline isn't something I'd want to do just before finals save for swapping Khamis with Friejah or JOD/Buss. Lobb, Jones and Co need rime to gel as a unit.

Whilst I agree tinkering with the backline isn't something I'd want to do just before finals save for swapping Khamis with Friejah or JOD/Buss. Lobb, Jones and Co need rime to gel as a unit.
Who would have play in the ruck then?

I think Lobb has to move there. JOD to take CHB and Freijah in for Khamis.

If English is out it will Likely be Gardner in as to not change other setups.
Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

If English is out it will Likely be Gardner in as to not change other setups.
Gardner was average rucking in the VFL, no way he comes in against Xerri we will get slaughtered more than we did on the weekend. We have to win, its either Lobb or if you are going to take a risk Smith or we are not picking our best team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this guy should never see another AFL game again
1005000.png
Man, I was finally coming round to accepting VDM playing an important role, team balance etc etc, but his complete and utter lack of any composure against Adelaide was just unforgivable. Any time he was within 20m of the goals it was like he had a panic attack. Diabolical.

Man, I was finally coming round to accepting VDM playing an important role, team balance etc etc, but his complete and utter lack of any composure against Adelaide was just unforgivable. Any time he was within 20m of the goals it was like he had a panic attack. Diabolical.

And sprayed a teammate when leading towards goal.. when he was 50m away from the kicker.. and got outmarked in a two on one..

He’s a knob. Fake tough.

And sprayed a teammate when leading towards goal.. when he was 50m away from the kicker.. and got outmarked in a two on one..

He’s a knob. Fake tough.
Funnily enough, I sometimes semi-jokingly describe my like or dislike for a team based on how many people on the team I'd want to have a beer at the pub with. Dogs lead that tally for me, with Collingwood or Melbourne probably at the bottom. But out of our team the one that stands out that I'd least want to have a beer with is VDM. Maybe an unfair assessment, but he strikes me as the sort of guy that would spend the time whinging about his missus and scrolling through tiktok laughing at videos of people injuring themselves.

Please note, this is in no way based on fact and he could be a deadset legend, but he always seems to be spraying someone on the field which comes off as flog behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V North Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back