Changes v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Convinced McLean is carrying a niggle that they haven't been able to address and hence not a lot of time in the guts.
Doesn't play twos and pies game was always going to be taxing on the players. Pies boys will also be feeling it this morning.

If McLean is right then back this week and think Smith needs the rest

Need to now flesh out our list for 2020, get Le Young in as soon as possible and throw him a clear role to see how he delivers.

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have to say I agree with these changes as I reckon Bailey Smith may be a little cooked and Roarke just flinched too many times at vital stages. In saying that I've got no idea why Duryea is in the side...

Agreed. Almost prefer Lachie Young over Duryea. I don't mind that we brought him in because we need experienced role players but he hasn't impressed me at all.

Agreed. Almost prefer Lachie Young over Duryea. I don't mind that we brought him in because we need experienced role players but he hasn't impressed me at all.
Really? I've quite liked him. He had 22 touches yesterday, makes the right decision most of the time and is a steadying influence down there. He's only 28 and I feel like he's the sort of guy that still has a few years left in him.

Really? I've quite liked him. He had 22 touches yesterday, makes the right decision most of the time and is a steadying influence down there. He's only 28 and I feel like he's the sort of guy that still has a few years left in him.

59% disposal efficiency yesterday. His recruitment was a smart bit of business and he has a role to play in the side, but he's back up not best 22. If we're looking to replace one of the 17 medium defenders we named over the weekend, he and Roarke would be at the top of the list.

People calling for Lewis Young didn’t go to the VFL today obviously.

Khamis was better and he is 12 months away. Exciting as **** though
I was at the VFL and Lewis Young was fantastic. He has been very close to selection in the past few weeks and the MC may have run out of patience with Cordy. If so, Young deserves a call up and is comfortably ahead of Khamis, who was also very good.

I was at the VFL and Lewis Young was fantastic. He has been very close to selection in the past few weeks and the MC may have run out of patience with Cordy. If so, Young deserves a call up and is comfortably ahead of Khamis, who was also very good.

I was there and thought the exact same, he and Khamis were my top two players but Khamis clearly not ready to go yet but signs are great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see any argument for Cordy over Lewis Young.

Young is 3cm taller, is better in the air and just as good on the ground. Both Cordy and Young are average kicks, but Lewy can kick further. Don't think Young would have had any problems keeping up with a slowish forward like Reid.

I don't see any argument for Cordy over Lewis Young.

Young is 3cm taller, is better in the air and just as good on the ground. Both Cordy and Young are average kicks, but Lewy can kick further. Don't think Young would have had any problems keeping up with a slowish forward like Reid.

I don’t see it as it’s Young or Cordy. Both players would benefit from having each other out there at the sane time. They will be better players and value to the team.

Play both in the same side.

Lol people want to drop R Smith Why? He was far from our worst player and has a real crack.

Get Williams out so gods sake what does he do?

Going to be p!ssing down apparently so don’t rush Moz back.

West in for Williams
McLean in for Dicko

If there’s a suitable replacement I’d drop Cordy. It’s not just getting beaten one on one it’s that he’s not impacting other contests either and also that the game always slows when he has it. Rarely plays on or has any attacking instincts (maybe he’s been told not to). Trengove very similar in that latter respect. Momentum killers.

Lol people want to drop R Smith Why? He was far from our worst player and has a real crack.

Get Williams out so gods sake what does he do?

Going to be p!ssing down apparently so don’t rush Moz back.

West in for Williams
McLean in for Dicko
Having a crack isn't good enough. He has poor skills and decisions making and does not find enough of the ball at AFL level. He cost us multiple flowing plays with his poor execution. We need to move past players like that.

Having a crack isn't good enough. He has poor skills and decisions making and does not find enough of the ball at AFL level. He cost us multiple flowing plays with his poor execution. We need to move past players like that.

Agree with this. At times his hesitancy to dispose of the ball cost us. I noticed other players at times held onto the ball because there was nothing ahead of them, or Pies had pushed back in numbers, so they had to wait or go sideways to maintain possession. R Smith on the other hand, there were 3-4 instances I noted during the game where he just didn't have the confidence to hit players who were actually presenting, although with some margin for error given their positioning, and I think it was because of his lack of skill. Most other players would still have taken the option (and risk) to try and open up the play, but he was very hesitant.

Really can't expect Roarke to have the composure of a regular senior player when this is the first opportunity he's getting for a while. Give him a run of a few games and I think he'll start to show off why the club has retained him for so long. Bailey Smith stunk it up the first two rounds but was given faith to turn it around, and now look where he is

Instead of dumping Cordy to the ressies, can we at least give him a tagging role in the forward line and see if he can gain the form that he showed during the greatest month of football. Straight swap, him for Naughton.

McLean has to come back in. It's a toss up though for who goes out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back