Changes v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a crack isn't good enough. He has poor skills and decisions making and does not find enough of the ball at AFL level. He cost us multiple flowing plays with his poor execution. We need to move past players like that.

Lol yet people scream for Lin Jong to play okayyyyy

Instead of dumping Cordy to the ressies, can we at least give him a tagging role in the forward line and see if he can gain the form that he showed during the greatest month of football. Straight swap, him for Naughton.

McLean has to come back in. It's a toss up though for who goes out.
Why? If he was indeed dropped and not rested due to injury then he won't be getting back into the team after not playing VFL on the weekend.

Why? If he was indeed dropped and not rested due to injury then he won't be getting back into the team after not playing VFL on the weekend.
McLean was outstanding in the carry over emergency role on the weekend, never has Bevo seen
that kind of discipline and selflessness brought to the emergency role. A beacon in the rooms
getting around all the players even in the showers which is a bit creepy come to think of it. ;)

McLean was outstanding in the carry over emergency role on the weekend, never has Bevo seen
that kind of discipline and selflessness brought to the emergency role. A beacon in the rooms
getting around all the players even in the showers which is a bit creepy come to think of it. ;)

Trying to replicate the Toby/Toyd 'Titanic' celebration from the GF in the showers? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Anyone than convert from a set shot. Last time I went to the Adelaide Oval against the crows last season we kicked 2 goals 14.
Dreadful game! I got drenched after spending the first quarter on the hill, and sought shelter in the Riverbank stand where I sat shivering for the rest of the game. I think Pugz89 watched the whole debacle from the hill. At least my Crows mates didn't rub the salt in!

Lol people want to drop R Smith Why? He was far from our worst player and has a real crack.

Get Williams out so gods sake what does he do?

Going to be p!ssing down apparently so don’t rush Moz back.

West in for Williams
McLean in for Dicko

My view on Roarke Smith is that he has seemed to add very little value to the team when he has played at the top level.
I have not seen him play an AFL game where the team was better for having him on the field rather than the bench.

We have better defenders, midfielders and forwards than him who can't get AFL games. I'm at a loss as to where he might fit in and be a better option than numerous other players on our list.

His problem is that he doesn't seem to be particularly adept at any position, or bring an elite skill that somehow enables him to make the team better. Pace and mobility might have been elite prior to injury, but not so clear now.

Injuries have obviously been cruel to him and I also think we haven't managed him particularly well by selecting him when his form hasn't warranted it. Not surprisingly he seems to lack confidence and be more concerned with trying to avoid mistakes than imposing himself on the game.

I think his only potential position in our team which is overflowing with half back flankers, is as a wingman who keeps presenting as a marking target. Problem is currently he doesn't present on the lead often enough, and isn't a particularly reliable option for his team mates to trust even if he did.

My view on Roarke Smith is that he has seemed to add very little value to the team when he has played at the top level.
I have not seen him play an AFL game where the team was better for having him on the field rather than the bench.

We have better defenders, midfielders and forwards than him who can't get AFL games. I'm at a loss as to where he might fit in and be a better option than numerous other players on our list.

His problem is that he doesn't seem to be particularly adept at any position, or bring an elite skill that somehow enables him to make the team better. Pace and mobility might have been elite prior to injury, but not so clear now.

Injuries have obviously been cruel to him and I also think we haven't managed him particularly well by selecting him when his form hasn't warranted it. Not surprisingly he seems to lack confidence and be more concerned with trying to avoid mistakes than imposing himself on the game.

I think his only potential position in our team which is overflowing with half back flankers, is as a wingman who keeps presenting as a marking target. Problem is currently he doesn't present on the lead often enough, and isn't a particularly reliable option for his team mates to trust even if he did.

I’m not suing he is good bad or indifferent and imo he isn’t good enough BUT he wasn’t our worst on Sunday and deserves(like others) at least a second crack at it.

As some have suggested that his disposal and stoppage of play are reasons to drop him then god help Hunter who is without doubt the biggest forward momentum killer in our team(possibly the league). His pressure on the weekend was very good and that’s something we lack so I’m happy to see him get another go. Not like their is great quality in the VFL knocking the door down

I’m not suing he is good bad or indifferent and imo he isn’t good enough BUT he wasn’t our worst on Sunday and deserves(like others) at least a second crack at it.

As some have suggested that his disposal and stoppage of play are reasons to drop him then god help Hunter who is without doubt the biggest forward momentum killer in our team(possibly the league). His pressure on the weekend was very good and that’s something we lack so I’m happy to see him get another go. Not like their is great quality in the VFL knocking the door down

I just want to see us field our best available 22 players. In my opinion, he shouldn't have been in it last week, and didn't do enough to change that situation with the opportunity that was gifted to him.

I also strongly disagree with the unofficial 2 game guarantee principle. It just compounds bad selection decisions.

I just want to see us field our best available 22 players. In my opinion, he shouldn't have been in it last week, and didn't do enough to change that situation with the opportunity that was gifted to him.

I also strongly disagree with the unofficial 2 game guarantee principle. It just compounds bad selection decisions.

Yeah well we just don’t play our best 22 and I can’t remember the last time we have.

Bev continues to gift games to blokes he rates or likes above others so best 22 is a pipe dream imo.

Gardner would be on the 5 worst players I’ve ever seen in our jumper and he got 2 games so on that basis anyone else deserves similar.

Dreadful game! I got drenched after spending the first quarter on the hill, and sought shelter in the Riverbank stand where I sat shivering for the rest of the game. I think Pugz89 watched the whole debacle from the hill. At least my Crows mates didn't rub the salt in!

Yes I had a seat in the open and also sought shelter but it was difficult to view the game. Left 5 mins before the end my worst interstate game i have attended. Lucky next day went to Mclaren Valley and had a few nice reds. Went to the Cube at a Winery a must visit if anyone is going over.

Yes I had a seat in the open and also sought shelter but it was difficult to view the game. Left 5 mins before the end my worst interstate game i have attended. Lucky next day went to Mclaren Valley and had a few nice reds. Went to the Cube at a Winery a must visit if anyone is going over.
d'Arenberg, great spot and wines.

For some reason I have a feeling Le.Young would be suited to a wet weather game in defense. Straight swap for R.Smith.

I know this will be unpopular but for strategic reasons I'd rest Suckling. While admittedly his tackling/pressure has increased a bit this year he is the absolute antithesis of a wet weather player. Maybe give Cavarra or West a run in his absence.

o00o

Roarke hasn't had a lot of continuity in the seniors. If they believe he has potential then I think it's worth giving him at least 2-3 games as long as he's making at least a reasonable contribution each week. Someone pointed out that he's a very nervous player. I presume he plays better once he is more relaxed, as most sports people do. That suggests at least a couple more weeks of perseverance.

I'm certainly not convinced he'll make it but I'm all for giving him the opportunity. I reckon the role he could succeed in is as a small forward.

This is a make or break period in Roarke's career. He has been on our books for a while but has had some major disruptions due to injury. He's out of contract soon and needs to convince Power/Beveridge that he's worth keeping in 2020. It's 50/50 IMO.

I understand that Bev wants to see if Rourke is up to it.He's been in the system
A while and at seasons end ..decisions
will be made.Probably same with Gardner.
But Lewis Young like Schache just have to be tried in these dead rubbers.
Forget best 22 season was already over 4 weeks ago losing to North.
Just find the players taking us forward.
Crozier excepted who was younger when recruited.Stocking up with mature age cast offs is plain dumb.
Greene won't play a game this year
So Lloyd didn't cost him games.
Ditto recruitment of Duryea
But they could have.

o00o

Roarke hasn't had a lot of continuity in the seniors. If they believe he has potential then I think it's worth giving him at least 2-3 games as long as he's making at least a reasonable contribution each week. Someone pointed out that he's a very nervous player. I presume he plays better once he is more relaxed, as most sports people do. That suggests at least a couple more weeks of perseverance.

I'm certainly not convinced he'll make it but I'm all for giving him the opportunity. I reckon the role he could succeed in is as a small forward.

This is a make or break period in Roarke's career. He has been on our books for a while but has had some major disruptions due to injury. He's out of contract soon and needs to convince Power/Beveridge that he's worth keeping in 2020. It's 50/50 IMO.

Doesn't Roarke surf? Safe as houses if so.

That I did, with no poncho either. Lucky I love AO. Made sure to get a reserved seat for Saturday's game, hopefully a better result this time around!

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back