Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Any player put back to play for Footscray had better work hard to get back, can't just sulk and run around, you are being assessed, under Bev the players will know this, up to you.

I see Cordy in the same boat

"We're going to need a bigger boat"

14lqz5k.jpg

Bev's trying to find the right balance for our team structure, making tweaks week-to-week to see what's good and what's bad:
Week 1: Redpath second forward, Boyd ruckin
Week 2-3: Cordy second forward and second ruck
Week 4: Cordy ruck, Roughead second rucking.
As such just 4 weeks you get to see different structures and how they impact on the dynamic of the team and our movement as a whole - and the above is just an example for the second forward/ruck scenario. Through Roughead and now Roberts, we're exploring whether swinging blokes forward and back is worthwhile. I'm pretty sure that Roughy played a few minutes up forward too. Not too long so it mattered on the game, but enough that they can look at how he positioned himself in difference scenarios and that they can review film from the game. I like it.

Happy with the change. Roberts coming in gives us 2 potential swingmen in Roberts and Roughy with Roughy also a backup ruck.

No matter the conditions keeping a strong structure and our bigs are all good below their knees so the wet not as important

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard Brad Hardie say on Perth radio that he thinks Minson's omission has more to do with some off-field issue rather than form..

Anyone know of anything he might be referring to?

KM

Wouldn't surprise me. If we are going off on the field performance there is no way anyone should ever be out for Ayce. Will has always struck me as divisive character.

Could fletch be in the team to be accountable for Reid regardless of which end he's at? If Reid is down back fletch goes forward so their 3 kpd are accountable, if Reid goes forward we've got cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its wet i dont see Roberts having a role to play, the swans tall forwards will be nullified by the weather and putting him forward won't be helpful. I would understand his inclusion at etihad but this week it seems strange.

I would love to see Cordy prove me wrong and actually do something but I know he won't.

I really thought Hamling may have been in front of Roberts with his preseason form. I guess the option to play him forward has done it for him. But if buddy starts tearing up Talia, Hamling would be a better match up.

I really thought Hamling may have been in front of Roberts with his preseason form. I guess the option to play him forward has done it for him. But if buddy starts tearing up Talia, Hamling would be a better match up.
Yes on form I would have thought Hammling. Roberts didn't look that good to me last week, looked like he wasn't quite fit. Has taken some nice marks though. Surprised by the selection tbh based on form anyway.

Wouldn't surprise me. If we are going off on the field performance there is no way anyone should ever be out for Ayce. Will has always struck me as divisive character.
Based on what? A hunch? All we can go off is fact, and the fact is he is respected enough to be elected to a senior role within the AFLPA by all his peers. So facts don't really back it up

Reckon we isolate stringer up forward, give him space one on one and get the ball to him on the bounce. Let's see a swan defender try to keep up with Jake on the ground, or tackle him in the wet.

Been good to see grant give maximum effort over the first month. Shown us that it's not just his effort that's off, it's that he just makes too many mistakes and can't find the footy enough, to be a quality afl footballer.

Seems a good fella and I'm happy to see him get some more games later in the year if he continues with the effort, but I've seen enough, and I'd comfortably see him off the list at the end of the year without those lingering doubts. I no longer question what he'd be like if he really put in. We've seen it now, and it's just a bit "meh".
Unfortunately, this is spot on.

Based on what? A hunch? All we can go off is fact, and the fact is he is respected enough to be elected to a senior role within the AFLPA by all his peers. So facts don't really back it up

Plenty of divisive characters have been elected to public office and as office bearers in organisations. You are making a big assumption - not stating a fact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back