Prediction Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

No idea what the point of getting guys like McDonald and Wagner in. at least McDonald's tall I guess because Wagner is completely bewildering. but two previous clubs each for about 30 games and we have the audacity to think 'nah jeez what they're missing as footballers is just being at Fremantle!'
1. Billy Frampton is a premiership player.
2. Wrong McDonald.

No idea what the point of getting guys like McDonald and Wagner in. at least McDonald's tall I guess because Wagner is completely bewildering. but two previous clubs each for about 30 games and we have the audacity to think 'nah jeez what they're missing as footballers is just being at Fremantle!'
McDonald pretty much was the best defender in the VFL last year, and basically replaced Hamling. So was cover, and didn't cost us anything. Wagner as well is a depth player, and I think has been pretty good tbh when playing - reasonable cover for Brandon Walker and some would have had him ahead at times last year. We were just unlucky to lose Cox and McDonald in round 1.

Just read on another site that Brayshaw has a problem with either a hammy or calf issue this morning at training.
Hopefully not serious. And Brodies chance gone.

I doubt we're much chance to win, Swans have been clinically dismantling teams. I don't think its reasonable to expect to win with Pearce/Cox out but hoping for at least a competitive showing.

I think Hughes is the safe option. As others have said, he's experienced and you know what you're going to get. I doubt any forward that lines up against him thinks they're in for an easy day at the office. He's probably more defensively accountable than Draper at this stage and we have Chapman and Clark.

If they go for the shutdown on Clark, Sharp just give it to Chappy coming out of the back. He or Wagner should be able to get off the chain.

What we need to do is make sure Warner, Gulden and Heeney don't get too much space. Sharp can definitely go with Gulden it would almost be worth sacrificing Sharp to scrag Gulden all day. Would be very interesting to see if Fyfe could go with Heeney and contest every ball. I still wouldn't want to be trying to beat Nat for the pill in close. Brayshaw would be interesting V Warner.

I remember being told I was being stupid lamenting the loss of Hamling last year. Hell I remember people telling me that Collins was a spud and why would we keep him.
Would Collins still have been in our side now if we kept him!!From memory he played VFL for a couple of seasons before the Suns picked him up.
I don't think Sharp has the discipline to run with a player for long periodfs of time.He is a ball hunter, not a scragger.
We will miss the height of the skipper and his ability to read the flight of the ball.
I think Hughes gets a bum wrap at times and he looks like he will fill the role left.
And I don't see the clearances being the problem to control Heeney, Gulden and Worner, but the ability to stop them running riot when they are coming out of defence.They run the ball down the middle in a wave.That will be our problem.
I believe we can match them at clearances and maybe do more than break even.

AP is a huge loss for us with this one, but lets not forget that for the first 3 quarters last time we played sydney we were the better team. Just purely crap kicking cost us this game. In the words of Dennis Cometti, "with how poorly we were disposing of the ball last time we'd be kicking ourselves, but on that form we'd have missed!"

I'm still not tipping us, but i do think we're a better than average chance if our midfield can play to its best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My brain says we will still see a better net outcome playing Draper and Davies who atleast understand the idiosyncrasies and dynamics of our backline’s thinking (aka what Ryan will structurally want to see) over experimenting with someone not accustomed to even being down there.

I think Draper and Davies will relish the opportunity to play together and support Ryan and is cohorts and see it as an unexpected but golden opportunity and the fan base is going to cut them some slack in any case.

Heck, it gives us license for a new nickname down back… the commentators yelling “and here come the Double D’s”! 😁

It’s the future anyway, so let’s just get on with it!
I like the idea of playing Draper the best. If we cobble together something with a short bloke and lose another tall during the game we will be massively exposed.

The Swans mids are the danger, by offering up two KPD's with 11 games experience between them they will look to expose them rather than kick 8-10 goals themselves. Ryan can get involved with his intercept game and holding the whole backline together.

I like the idea of playing Draper the best. If we cobble together something with a short bloke and lose another tall during the game we will be massively exposed.

The Swans mids are the danger, by offering up two KPD's with 11 games experience between them they will look to expose them rather than kick 8-10 goals themselves. Ryan can get involved with his intercept game and holding the whole backline together.
JLo said he would be using Draper because he's played around 13 games this season

Jackson to centre half back (Let's see if he really is a unicorn).
Voss, Treacy and Amiss up forward (With Sturt, Banners, Freddy ect).
Bring in Draper. Hugh Davies is one and done. Harsh from one game but he looks like a poor man's Zac Dawson. (aka - suited to WAFL).

would you miss a game over it?
LOL , Would I miss a game... I would be wrapped in cotton wool crying my eyes out with one.
But seriously, it depends on the severity. Some are a week miss, other take weeks to get out.
I think Brayshaw has a thight problem early on that could have been a corky.
He is tough and will fight through it I think. That is, if it is "Only" a corky.

I'm genuinely staggered. JLo usually so conservative with selection but willing to pick two rookie KPDs against runaway 1st.

A good sign I think (unless they get smashed and lose all confidence).
he said in his presser he was probably going to bring Draper back in - he might also be holding his cards close to his chest

Best post I’ve seen on this topic. Alex Pearce is one player in our 22 we have to replace, so just make one swap. Don’t let it end up being 4-5 players playing roles they aren’t familiar with or is not their best for the team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think the match committee will follow that line of thinking and have just the one position swap.

We may however see Luke Jackson drifting back as required.

If we can play the game predominately in our front half we should win.

We can’t underestimate the emotional toll Cam’s death had on our players and we had come off a five day break the last time we met Sydney.

The players are ready to take Sydney on again.

Wrong McDonald?

I think the match committee will follow that line of thinking and have just the one position swap.

We may however see Luke Jackson drifting back as required.

If we can play the game predominately in our front half we should win.

We can’t underestimate the emotional toll Cam’s death had on our players and we had come off a five day break the last time we met Sydney.

The players are ready to take Sydney on again.
Still coming off a 6 day break, even 5.5 if you add in the fact it’s a morning game (WST) on Saturday.

Walker back in is a big plus (unhappy Papley) but offset by the loss of Pearce unfortunately.

I would play Erasmus or Brodie (esp. if Brayshaw is out), SCG is a contested ballfest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back