Changes v Tiggy Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't Phillips on danger? 12 touches for the game whist will had 20 himself. Noway he should get dropped. Play him on one of hopper or taranto.
Phillips didn't have a tagging role this week. Danger played mostly forward.

You don't need to tag either Hopper or Tarranto, neither does any damage. We should back our mids to beat theirs.

The tigers rebound game is their main threat. As long as we heap on the pressure (especially in our fwd area) we should win comfortably.

Good thing our forwards are known for their pressure.

Our forwards are not super athletic but can mark well. Why don't we target a weak link in the zone (waterboy style) and put it a metre above their head and get our forwards to mark over them. This saves the inevitable bomb long and get the ball swept away.

In: McKercher, Fisher if fit, Finnbar to debut, Duursma into the starting line up
Out: Dunno take your pick, Stevo and RHJ I suppose, Teakel been quiet, some injury concerns over Comben and Corr.

And to help resolve the Comben back or forward debate....would be good to see how Teakel and or Finnbar go as an intercepting defender.

In: McKercher, Fisher if fit, Finnbar to debut, Duursma into the starting line up
Out: Dunno take your pick, Stevo and RHJ I suppose, Teakel been quiet, some injury concerns over Comben and Corr.

And to help resolve the Comben back or forward debate....would be good to see how Teakel and or Finnbar go as an intercepting defender.
IMG_4834.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Archer - Corr - McDonald
McKercher - Logue - Stephenson

Stephens - LDU - Scott
Xerri - Sheezel - Wardlaw

Simpkin - Comben - Duursma
Zurhaar - Larkey - Curtis

Phillips - Teakle - Tucker - Powell

I don’t actually know if these players are available, but:

• we should win
  • we should play Stephenson back to be certain he is shot
  • Phillips tags
  • mids need to step up because we are better than the Tige’s inside

Bizarre seeing us as $1.65 favorites..

Tiggies look like they are having the same issues as us, winning their fair share of inside 50's but struggling to score. This could be a very ugly spectacle.

I think we are a better team when Comben plays back and I'd be sending him back this week to try and generate more intercept possessions.

Changes (Assuming Corr and Comben get up)
In - McKercher, Ford
Out - Shiels, Hansen Jnr

I would love to see RHJ against a weaker opposition to see if he can stay involved in the match for longer periods but I cant squeeze him in. Big one for me is I'd start LMac as Sub this week - he has his colors lowered against Henry last week and i've squeezed him out with Comben heading back to make room for Duursma.

Team
Archer - Corr - Logue
Tucker - Comben - McKercher
Scott - LDU - Stephens
Zurhaar - Teakle - Sheezel
Curtis - Larkey - Duursma
Xerri - Simpkin - Wardlaw
Ford (fwd/wing), Stepho (back), Powell (Mid), Phillips (Mid)

Sub (L Mac)

If we are looking for a tag for Phillips I would send him to Rioli or Bolton.

This game will be won of lost at the selection table. The focus on the next two games must be to win,
forget player development etc. Pick players who are fully fit, aggressive and play them in their best position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Tiggy Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back