Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant's form starting to taper off. Would want to hit the scoreboard and improve his ground balls a bit.

Wright did an ok job.

Only change I'd consider if Tarrant out for Cam Delaney with Wright going forward as a marking HF option.

Wouldn't be against Majak in for Taz either.

Luke Delaney did his job and could be the future. Do not drop.

To be fair to Taz, he did the team thing in dragging Harry Taylor away and blunting his great ability to zone off.

Despite no goals in the last 3 weeks, he has been doing more work bit further up the park than normal. Would be surprised to see him dropped after that win.

To be fair to Taz, he did the team thing in dragging Harry Taylor away and blunting his great ability to zone off.

Despite no goals in the last 3 weeks, he has been doing more work bit further up the park than normal. Would be surprised to see him dropped after that win.

He worked hard but this decoy forward thing is a bit of an excuse for poor touch.

He worked hard but this decoy forward thing is a bit of an excuse for poor touch.
His touch is fine, his goal kicking has not been.

Ha! That old "decoy" chestnut is a beauty.

If Tarrant plays well and hits the scoreboard he is the next big thing, if he plays poorly he actually still played well as he was the perfect decoy.

For what it's worth I don't think he should be dropped though, had a handy game against Melb and Taz has shown improvement. Plus Daw is the only suitable replacement - and i'm guessing he needs more time.

If Tarrant plays well and hits the scoreboard he is the next big thing, if he plays poorly he actually still played well as he was the perfect decoy.

For what it's worth I don't think he should be dropped though, had a handy game against Melb and Taz has shown improvement. Plus Daw is the only stuiable replacement - and i'm guessing he needs more time.
Are you denying that tall forwards aren't asked to play defensive roles on the best rebound KPD's? McGuane art Richmond did the same to Lake on the weekend.

Are you denying that tall forwards aren't asked to play defensive roles on the best rebound KPD's? McGuane art Richmond did the same to Lake on the weekend.

Not at all. I totally accept that there is that element to be considered when judging a players game, and is important to provide space for other forwards to utilise.

I just felt in Tarrant and Hansen instances last year it was used as a cop out for their poor games. Yes they may have dragged a defender away in some instances for sure, but in some of those games they still dropped a lot of marks, poor at ground level, no tackling etc which also has to be considered.

Do you think he has been poor for the last two weeks?

For what it's worth I don't think he should be dropped though, had a handy game against Melb and Taz has shown improvement. Plus Daw is the only suitable replacement - and i'm guessing he needs more time.

On the Couch they noted that Taz did a great job in blunting Taylor...and our gameplan was to use our talls to stop Taylor, Lonergan and Mackie from offering the drive from half back, which is Geelong's greatest weapon.

G'day guys, hope you dont mind a bit of pre-game chat. After dealing with moronic port flogs all week, itd be refreshing to chat with some 'normal' supporters.

You may win but dunno about comfortably. Dunno if you saw yesterday's game but we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Someone mentioned we have no talls left, again, dunno if you saw yesterday's game. 2nd gamer Lewis Johnstone kicked 4. Tom Lynch playing ok but more a mid sized player. If we can get it to Johnstone, he's been talked up as one of the best ever kicks for goal. Nth v Crows was very close obviously last game, would be surprised if it wasn't the same this time.

We've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 5 times this year, so don't mention that crap. But I do agree it will be a closer match than expected, my only real concern is we can't travel for shit. Imo whoever wins the midfield battle wins this game.

We've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 5 times this year, so don't mention that crap. But I do agree it will be a closer match than expected, my only real concern is we can't travel for shit. Imo whoever wins the midfield battle wins this game.

When you've won 1 interstate game (excluding expansion teams) in 4 years there is definitely cause for concern.

Including expansion teams I'd imagine our interstate record under Scott is something like 4-10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarrant won't be dropped we all know that.

But I don't think the inability to bend for a ground ball or close in on an opponent in a contest was part of the defensive forward edict. He did some ok things and he did some not so ok things.

Black and Petrie both did those things ably plus took grabs and wreacked havoc. Taz didn't except for one very good early mark.

When you've won 1 interstate game (excluding expansion teams) in 4 years there is definitely cause for concern.

Including expansion teams I'd imagine our interstate record under Scott is something like 4-10.

I can't remember the last time we won interstate not including GCS or GWS.
Probably 2 years ago

Including expansion teams I'd imagine our interstate record during this development stage is something like 4-10.
Fixed that for you. ;)

I can't remember the last time we won interstate not including GCS or GWS. Probably 2 years ago

Boomer's milestone against the Egirls.

Poor memory 5 GB USB? Time to upgrade?

I'd love to upgrade but frankly I can't.
To be fair, I only have 500 MB of data left, 4 and a half Gigs is on Jack Ziebell pr0n from last Friday night.

Start uploading and share the luv bruv

No changes for mine. Although Cam D for Wright wouldn't be a bad move.

Odds are not in our favour to smash them. We've won 1 of 7 this year away from Etihad.

Crows have been good when the whole team plays. Sloane should be back this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back