Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Jacobs(deer in headlights), Wright (terribly out of touch), Gibson (simply don't rate), Tarrant (lost his kicking), MacMillan (just an ordinary player especially away from the safe house)

In: Garner, Kennedy, Daw, Harper, Greenwood

FB: L.Delaney - Thompson - Hine
HB: Mullet - Hansen - Kennedy
C: Atley - Ziebell - McKenzie
HF: Wells - Petrie - Harvey
FF: Thomas - Black - Adams
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Bastinac
I/C: Daw - Harper - Greenwood - Garner

Pace, Class, Talent and Toughness..... these skills aren't mutually exclusive, you are allowed to be all of these things in the one package.

Out: Jacobs(deer in headlights), Wright (terribly out of touch), Gibson (simply don't rate), Tarrant (lost his kicking), MacMillan (just an ordinary player especially away from the safe house)

Pace, Class, Talent and Toughness..... these skills aren't mutually exclusive, you are allowed to be all of these things in the one package.

You f***in' what?

I sometimes like your out of left field thinking ArjenTG. But this is more from a different field entirely rather than just left :eek:

Season is shot, play the kids.

After Port's win, we can't make it, so no point playing ordinary players like JMac, Jacobs, Wrighty... etc etc...

They aren't taking us anywhere.

The acceptance of mediocrity from some intelligent/usually sane people around here is laughable.

I sometimes like your out of left field thinking ArjenTG. But this is more from a different field entirely rather than just left :eek:

You would drop Tarrant, i just added in a few blokes who I don't rate....

It's hardly left or any other field.

We aren't making finals, why not get somethnig out of the last month by putting 4 games into a few blokes who I have nominated as best 22 2014 and beyond types.

It's actually not leftfield at all, it's the correct call and is precisely what "good" clubs do in shit seasons.

It's hardly left or any other field.

We aren't making finals, why not get somethnig out of the last month by putting 4 games into a few blokes who I have nominated as best 22 2014 and beyond types.

It's actually not leftfield at all, it's the correct call and is precisely what "good" clubs do in shit seasons.

I would say that is not the case. You are dropping predominantly young blokes considered best 22 for young blokes considered outside best 22 or not physically ready. "Good" clubs rest the veterans at seasons end.

So yes, I would say your suggestion is very left field.

As for your Tarrant call that I would drop him, if consditions are slippery at Aami I would definitely drop him. But it appears not to be so I have no issue with him staying in after a good win last week.

Sent from an alternate universe

Filled in the rest for you Arjen.

If Jmac,Jacobs and Wrighty were playing for our affiliates in the vfl and weren't on a list then everyone would be crying out to recruit them! 21 year olds! perspective please....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst post of the year.

Considering what's been served up in the "changes" threads after our losses that's saying something.

this whole board has been "Carrie-esque" this year.

Both Adelaide & Port Adelaide are usually pretty flat the game following Showdowns.
Plus Adelaide now know their season is sunk.
Weather will be fine here.
Goldy will dominate for our ferocious midfield.

I'll be putting money on us for a 30+ win into Geelong to beat Port by 60+.

you have no idea. How do you figure Wright was out of touch? he was solid on the weekend...

Garner- not ready, and exposure to the ferocity of AFL might damage him; Daw - a deer in headlights, and a mile behind Tarrant in footy smarts; Harper - terribly out of touch, and lost the lot; Greenwood - just an ordinary player; Kennedy - I'd like to see him play, even if he doesn't get much of it at VFL

Calls to drop Jacobs?????? .......FFS, what do you want? Give the kid a bloody break. He's gunna be proper!
Sammy wright tried his guts out, took the game on, didn't go into his shell, definitely keep in.
JMac?...... Thought he was very good on Friday.
Taz? Who comes in for him? Daw? ......I don't mind this possibility, so ill give ya this one. But I reckon Maj would have the invisible suit on by half time. He's exciting though the big maj.

Tough one.....Jacobs while I think needs time to settle in the team seems to make some silly errors. Put him away for next season. I'd bring Harper in and give him a tagging/run with role for the rest of the season, play him on the oppositions best midfielder every week. We all know he has some serious pace, amazing skills, and is an aggressive tackler.....he just needs to learn how to find the ball. Playing on the oppositions best midfielder will lead him to the hot spot every time, and before you know it he'll be racking up 20+ damaging disposals a game. Sam wright is at the stage of his career where he should be dominating. Bring Leggy delaney back in for wright. Keys deserves another game.....his disposal is far superior to grimas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back