Preview Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it does.

You're more likely to be harsh on a player that turns the ball over right in front of you than on a bloke that does it on the other side of the ground.

I shall take your Gibbo posts with a grain of salt then.

for this thread I think to my self I couldn't accurately pick the lineup if we had every player available and at full health. Not sure how I would do it with the mountain of variables that need to be considered to the side mid season.

Please do.

Completely agree. We are on the verge of something special, we have Wells, Grima, Tarrant, MacMillan & Thomas to somehow fit back in. In addition to our most electric/talented kids in Garner, Harper, McKenzie, Wood, Dumont & Turner.

Some tough calls need to be made. We still lack outside class & game breakers and given the form of our inside brigade, I am happy to roll the dice with exceptional talent and speed on the outside.

Please do.

Completely agree. We are on the verge of something special, we have Wells, Grima, Tarrant, MacMillan & Thomas to somehow fit back in. In addition to our most electric/talented kids in Garner, Harper, McKenzie, Wood, Dumont & Turner.

Some tough calls need to be made. We still lack outside class & game breakers and given the form of our inside brigade, I am happy to roll the dice with exceptional talent and speed on the outside.
How can you compose a great post like the above, and then put your name to the dropping of Gibbo trash heap?

How can you compose a great post like the above, and then put your name to the dropping of Gibbo trash heap?
The two are connected. Arjen believes that we should endure more pain in the short term to get games into kids who in his opinion don't need to work their way into the team through VFL performances but should be gifted spots on talent.

The two are connected. Arjen believes that we should endure more pain in the short term to get games into kids who in his opinion don't need to work their way into the team through VFL performances but should be gifted spots on talent.
That's all well and good..... But Gibbo, should not and will not be dropped.

That's all well and good..... But Gibbo, should not and will not be dropped.

Go back a few posts.

I now read that dropping him saying drop Gibbo is a large amount of extracting the urine.

Nothing against Daw but it was interesting to watch Black stay down when Drew went for a couple of his marks.
Goes to show we must persist with Majak as long as we can until hes cooked. Get him up to 20 games by the end of year, just to continue to develop his football nous.
Give Tarrant as long as he needs but I would like to see him play Melbourne and Brisbane before we face the Hawks.

Nothing against Daw but it was interesting to watch Black stay down when Drew went for a couple of his marks.
Goes to show we must persist with Majak as long as we can until hes cooked. Get him up to 20 games by the end of year, just to continue to develop his football nous.
Give Tarrant as long as he needs but I would like to see him play Melbourne and Brisbane before we face the Hawks.

I would be interested to see how he'd go if we were right on top and we altered the forward line by moving Dish to CHB.

Making Maj 1 of 2 talls.

If on Sunday we sub Drew rather than Maj do we still win?

Maj is then played closer to the square, gets a pretty clear run at the ball.

I don't have the answer but its an interesting question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be interested to see how he'd go if we were right on top and we altered the forward line by moving Dish to CHB.

Making Maj 1 of 2 talls.

If on Sunday we sub Drew rather than Maj do we still win?

Maj is then played closer to the square, gets a pretty clear run at the ball.

I don't have the answer but its an interesting question.
I dont think Maj would have the engine to put in a quarter like that at AFL level YET. Nor the core strength to hold his ground in a couple of those contents. Hence if Duck came down and gave him some tips on body work it would ****in help alot.

I dont think Maj would have the engine to put in a quarter like that at AFL level YET. Nor the core strength to hold his ground in a couple of those contents. Hence if Duck came down and gave him some tips on body work it would ****in help alot.

How good was Drew's 3 peat effort that lead to the Bastinac goal. Best play of the year from a Shinboner.

Perhaps in the game vs the Lions where we were on top from the start we should have played around with set up to see how he'd go.

First game for the year guys,

Its been 11 years since we've beaten the crows in Adelaide, and jeez believe me having to deal with the old folk in this state that have never played a game of football and still think Ken Mcgregor is playing. Sheesh its a ****ing cult here.

Changes for me
Out: Maj (hate to say it, but needs to go back and get some confidence)
In: Thomas

Thats the only change necessary, depending on how Adams pulls up, but im a fan so he stays anyway

Perhaps in the game vs the Lions where we were on top from the start we should have played around with set up to see how he'd go.
Yep. Adelaide, Hawthorn and Geelong aside theres a few games left this year where Brad can tinker with the setup. But by round 16 we must have a settled lineup.

Its been 11 years since we've beaten the crows in Adelaide, and jeez believe me having to deal with the old folk in this state that have never played a game of football and still think Ken Mcgregor is playing. Sheesh its a ******* cult here.

Changes for me

Thats the only change necessary, depending on how Adams pulls up, but im a fan so he stays anyway

I'm glad he's not, would be a shoo-in for the Perrie.

Such as the pain involved with watching McDonald? Or Garner's first full game?

I don't know mate. When I see the Hill brothers do their thing, I'm jealous. I want that.

Its been 11 years since we've beaten the crows in Adelaide, and jeez believe me having to deal with the old folk in this state that have never played a game of football and still think Ken Mcgregor is playing. Sheesh its a ******* cult here.

Changes for me

Mine too. Can't wait! It'll also be my first visit to the new Adelaide Oval. My mates reckon it's awesome.

Out: Daw
In: LT

Should be under no illusions, Crows are a good side on their day, we'll need to be at our best here.

Thompson to Walker, with Hansen to come over the top at absolutely every opportunity to cause the double-team.

Hansen on Jenkins.

McDonald on Betts.

Narni on JPods.

Wright to play a defensive forward role on Brodie Smith, must nullify his run.

Levi to run with Danger.

Big games from Black and Petrie required, against Talia and Rutten.

Out : Daw (I think it might be good for him to have a couple games in the 2's to regain some confidence), Adams (If he doesnt pull up and is Inj.)
Ins : Grima, Thomas

In reality, Jacobs must play, there is nothing else he could have done in the VFL to warrant selection, but we all know what the selection panel is like.

Changes for me

Amen brother.
God I hope we win.
Haven't seen us win live for 7 years. Average losing margin of the 8 or 9 games I've been to would be about 4 points.
It's almost like I'm cursed.
This is our year for breaking hoodoos though, so bring on Saturday night!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back