Preview Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the replay twice and was at the game,.
Me too
I saw Anthony go half hearted at two contest,,.
Didn't notice that, I'll have to go and have another look.
kick across goal with a shit pass and handball back into a contest. I just think Jacobs would offer more and the team isn't any better with Anthony in the team.
You could make the same argument about Jacobs though who went at 26% playing inside in the 2's. I'm not saying Anthony doesn't have deficiencies in that area, but last night his use was generally good 78% from 14disposals in a half. Not droppable on that performance.

I watched the replay and - as usual - saw more of Wright than I did at the game. He seemed to do some good defensive work and be a useful link coming out of defence. The only howler I saw was a kick OOB under pressure, but they can all do that. He's far from an automatic selection, more a filler, but I don't think he is judged fairly on his performance, rather on history and preconceptions.

Anthony was ok, disposal not great (in a game where the team's disposal generally seemed pretty good), but as far as I could tell he also played his role once he came on.

Daw is tricky. He did some really nice things and set up a few goals, and of course he made a couple of rookie mistakes. He is well worth persisting with - except that the forward structure looked so much better when Drew had space. Taz and Black can have influence up the ground, and Daw doesn't at this point. But of course he takes a good defender and is a handy ruck backup. I'm glad it's not my call.

You could make the same argument about Jacobs though who went at 26% playing inside in the 2's. I'm not saying Anthony doesn't have deficiencies in that area, but last night his use was generally good 78% from 14disposals in a half. Not droppable on that performance.

A couple of points.

It probably isn't fair to judge Jacobs disposal efficiency on that one performance as he has been ok this year but perhaps more importantly, he is getting them on the inside. LA's efficiency simply has to be better if he is playing on the outside and delivering I50.

With Cunnington enjoying another good year, Spitta back to himself, Levi smashing it and JZ slowly getting back to 100% with his shoulders, I can't wait to have them all up and about when Wells comes back.

People calling for Anthony's head should probably watch the replay again.. He shouldn't be going on that performance as sub and was better than a few who actually had full games. Was involved in several scoring opportunities and only had the one poor decision. Keep.

Adams looked pretty sore after landing heavily on his shoulder just before the final siren and could possibly do with a rest. Wright would be in the gun (and Daw definitely is) going on the coaches comments which is a little disappointing given he was looking quite dangerous in the first before falling victim to a much needed structural change at half time. Truth be told he was better than Black in that first half, but thems the breaks.

A lot will depend on the fitness issues of Wells and Thomas who are probably auto in's. Even an underdone Wells would be a very good sub candidate, imo.

Seriously? I was at the game and saw the replay. While it wasn't his worst game, there were several plays where he gets the ball and helicopters a kick or hand pass to someone about to be tackled. His tackling has improved but under pressure he is probably the worst player in our team.

He also often refuses to look forward, a couple of times he got the ball and did not even look ahead but took the easy option of kicking back, there were two leads he didn't even see. His confidence was shot after giving away the goal.

Can't see Taz being in off the back of 1 VFL game he didn't kick a goal in.
Kicked one, but yea seems to need another 2 weeks to build fitness. His marking apparently was first class, so we'll see what happens next week.

Out Patch
In Jacobs
Ziebell to play the patch role.

Patch has had flashes of brilliance and a few sparkling games but for the most part has been average for two years. Jacobs' form must be rewarded. Put Jacobs in the guts for a full game and play Ziebell in Patches role. He has more power, stronger tackling and a far superior mark.

If Daw out then Thomas in.

Out Patch
In Jacobs

Patch has had flashes of brilliance and a few sparkling games but for the most part has been average for two years. Jacobs' form must be rewarded. Put Jacobs in the guts for a full game and play Ziebell in Patches role. He has more power, stronger tackling and a far superior mark.

I don't hate this.... But would think the only way patch doesn't play is if he is out hurt.

I don't hate this.... But would think the only way patch doesn't play is if he is out hurt.
Sadly I agree. My only hope is that the selection committee is forced to find a place for Jacobs as his form has been too good. We carried Patch like a millstone for most of last year, he is clearly regarded as required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every week it's the same shit.

Compared to the dross served up in th GDT, this is a Swedish massage.

I might be a flog for wanting good players like Gibbo & Adams dropped, and I cop my right whack for not seeing the good in them. But fml, some good north people should be ****ing ashamed of the the complete puss that was written in that thread.

Compared to the dross served up in th GDT, this is a Swedish massage.

I might be a flog for wanting good players like Gibbo & Adams dropped, and I cop my right whack for not seeing the good in them. But fml, some good north people should be ******* ashamed of the the complete puss that was written in that thread.

As a general rule I stick away from the GDT, odd comment here and there.

I posted in there Sunday through pure frustration.

I also feel that the GDT is probably more emotive, it is opinions expressed in the moment where as this thread is a place where people bring prior gripes with players.

Sometimes people flat out reject reality in this thread.

As a general rule I stick away from the GDT, odd comment here and there.

I posted in there Sunday through pure frustration.

I also feel that the GDT is probably more emotive, it is opinions expressed in the moment where as this thread is a place where people bring prior gripes with players.

Sometimes people flat out reject reality in this thread.

I've always thought that where you sit at the ground determines your opinion/misconceptions about players.

For instance, I sit level 2 right on the Sam Gibson wing, I have a birds eye view of his brilliant gut running and team deflating turnovers/unforced errors. So I'm harsh: but I actually think he's a good player - I just put his name in most weeks for shits and giggles and for Jay Z ;)

I've always thought that where you sit at the ground determines your opinion/misconceptions about players.

For instance, I sit level 2 right on the Sam Gibson wing, I have a birds eye view of his brilliant gut running and team deflating turnovers/unforced errors. So I'm harsh: but I actually think he's a good player - I just put his name in most weeks for shits and giggles and for Jay Z ;)

Of course it does.

You're more likely to be harsh on a player that turns the ball over right in front of you than on a bloke that does it on the other side of the ground.

I shall take your Gibbo posts with a grain of salt then.

for this thread I think to my self I couldn't accurately pick the lineup if we had every player available and at full health. Not sure how I would do it with the mountain of variables that need to be considered to the side mid season.

Out: Ziebells, Bastinacs, Petries, Gibsons, Goldsteins, Adams, Daws, Wrights, Mulletts and Blacks
In: Jacobs, McKenzie, Brown, Harper, Currie, Turner, Wood, Grima, Dumont and Thomas

**** I hate this thread.

Why the hate? Without these threads you'd miss the pearls of wisdom like this:

Out: Adams, Wright, Gibson
In: McKenzie, Harper, Thomas

These continue to make poor errors. I'd ratherwe back in the kids. If they can't cope with the pressure of Richmond at the dome, then they will melt at the Adelaide oval with the crows playing for their season.

I mean, really, WTF?

Ok for the uneducated like yourself...

Grima - Missed 4 weeks injured.....
Tippett - Out next 10 weeks injured....

We cannot afford selfish people when they are the last we have after missing just 6 weeks before.

An example for the uneducated like yourself...

He whacks someone a week before the finals and this is what will happen due to his cheap shot here.....

Matt Thomas, Richmond, has been charged with a level one engaging in rough conduct offence (125 points, one-match sanction) for rough conduct against Brent Harvey, North Melbourne, during the third quarter of the round 12 match between Richmond and North Melbourne, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday June 8, 2014.

In summary, due to his previous poor record, his one-match sanction must remain at one match, even with an early plea.
Uneducated??? How the effffff do you know how educated I am?

Out Patch
In Jacobs

No reason JZ and Jacobs can't rotate through the Mid/HF role between them. Didn't the club make some noise about Jacobs being moved into a Mid/HF role this year anyway? He does seem to be hitting the scoreboard lately at NB and is a better kick than Patch, at least for distance.

Kind of kills me that I'm agitating for Patch to be dropped, but he can't be 100% after being driven into the turf and surely we have enough performing mids in the twos to manage niggles and form.

No reason JZ and Jacobs can't rotate through the Mid/HF role between them. Didn't the club make some noise about Jacobs being moved into a Mid/HF role this year anyway? He does seem to be hitting the scoreboard lately at NB and is a better kick than Patch, at least for distance.

Kind of kills me that I'm agitating for Patch to be dropped, but he can't be 100% after being driven into the turf and surely we have enough performing mids in the twos to manage niggles and form.

With you on Patch. He is a 'heart and soul of the club' player, but he seems to be playing hurt. Give him a week or two off to get over 'general soreness'.

Thomas an automatic in for Wright.

Give Daw a rest, either for Wood (if he trains the house down), Tazza (if he trains the house down this week), Jacobs (playing JZ as 3rd forward).

Seems the only chatter about Patch not being right for this week is on Big Footy, so will play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back