Prediction Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Those odds are honestly absurd. I don’t ever bet, but I might have to make an exception if they’re just giving away money.
I felt like Freo had to make a statement and flog a team to be respected. We did that against Melbourne and the entire narrative was about how bad Melbourne were. We keep hearing "They have to do it again for us to see if they really are any good". Our only two serious losses have been to Sydney and WCEs, hence our amazing percentage.

We are rated 15th (179) for average pressure rating this year, luckily dogs are 12th (181)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I feel like that is a bit misleading, certain areas of the ground we apply a lot of pressure, but other areas we let them have it. For example in the corridor and if teams go inside 50 we are great. When they want to chip around full back we let them.

A lot like a press in soccer, but we choose our moments.

Can't wait for them to get the blowtorch this week and come out firing against us coming off a bye

Maybe, but it can cut both ways, if they throw everything at us and we hold up the pressure to perform may go the other way and they can fall apart.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is close to start but we kick away as the game goes on. Biggest danger is a slow post bye start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite having Naughton and Darcy out, the Dogs still played 3 talls forward tonight, Ugle-Hagen (197cm), Lobb (207cm) and O’Donnell (197cm)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
JUH is easy to defend if he can’t leap at the ball.
Lobb. He’s a soft player we all know.
O Donnell should play ruck and English into the forward line.

Should get 3-4.
Pushed him to get fit for Round 1, and that imploded.
Essentially hasn’t played a full game since 2023, is how the medicos should look at it.

Maybe that should be the aim, Draper was really solid last week - perhaps they could fast track him if Draper really falls off the pace, as every game is critical.

I feel like that is a bit misleading, certain areas of the ground we apply a lot of pressure, but other areas we let them have it. For example in the corridor and if teams go inside 50 we are great. When they want to chip around full back we let them.

A lot like a press in soccer, but we choose our moments.

Maybe, but it can cut both ways, if they throw everything at us and we hold up the pressure to perform may go the other way and they can fall apart.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is close to start but we kick away as the game goes on. Biggest danger is a slow post bye start.
They haven’t got enough ammunition to throw at enough of us

Almost feel a bit sorry for the dogs. Limping into the game last night against Brisbane who have had 2 byes this year before they’ve even had their first. Surely it can't be too hard to arrange the fixture so that teams go into and out of the bye at the same time.

Anyway, they're vulnerable at the moment. We need a professional away win to consolidate our ladder position.

Okay so this has turned out to be the perfect weekend for freo so far just need swans and blues to win to top it off and if that happens next weeks game is massive we win that we should make the 8

Will be in the top 4 if we win this next week
It's possible but we'd likely need these two results to go our way for it to happen;

Melbourne need to beat Collingwood (Pies face North next so they'd jump us, although with a game in hand)
Sydney need to beat Geelong or GWS need to beat Port (to ensure there's a spot we can take)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back