Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection lines up with tactics. Most teams play 7-8 defender rotations, but because we always play a +1 stoppage we pick more midfielders rather than genuine defenders or forwards.

The idea that we are picking an 8th defender suggests to me we're going to play a loose behind the stoppage a lot more often than we normally do, rather than trying to figure out "who goes where" in existing tactics.

i have a level 3 seat but I’m lucky enough to be able to sit level 1…amongst the Carlton members.

Will be sitting on level 1 by choice. Can’t deny that opportunity to hear their melts (provided we win).

Anyone who doesn't think Buka has a big future at the dogs can't read the way the game is going. You need to be more athletic than ever and do things at speed, hit packs, jump high, good reaction speed. All things Buka is capable of. I've been banging on about him for years now.

Next time he gets his chance I think he will take it. Personally I think that should be in defence, yet I want him in the side either way.

The side must improve from where they currently are and its guys like Buka, Arty Jones (another I said would make it in the exact role he is playing) Bendendo and Cleary who we should be looking at. These are the guys with real growth in them rather then plenty on our list which are already at peak or are limited role type players.
His name is Buku. Not sure how many posts now...

Suspicions naturally turn to the possibility of a sneaky late change as the most likely rationale for bringing in another tall defender for a speedy midfielder.

However history suggests not. Pretty much every time we’ve suggested a late change in the past it has not happened.

We need to look at other explanations. The most likely one is that someone- possibly Dale or Richards - will help fill the Treloar hole.

It’s risky in my view considering how we suffered during the two week experiment with the “4-headed monster”.

It’ll be a fascinating game to watch on this issue alone.

Watching a debutant is always a thrill too. I hope everyone here doesn’t expect too much and is prepared to give JOD time to become a positive contributor.

Disrespect to a lot of guys busting their ass in the vfl for multiple years playing strings of good games not rewarded.

But shiny new mid season recruit Scott, Gardner previous examples play almost straight away.

I know Schache shouldnt have played last year but he wouldnt be the only one thinking that way within the camp when it comes to re signing the fringe players end of season you can look back at games like this. Lipinski, Young made the most of opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Mclean must be feeling really good about the selection for this game :(

Disrespect to a lot of guys busting their ass in the vfl for multiple years playing strings of good games not rewarded.

But shiny new mid season recruit Scott, Gardner previous examples play almost straight away.

I know Schache shouldnt have played last year but he wouldnt be the only one thinking that way within the camp when it comes to re signing the fringe players end of season you can look back at games like this. Lipinski, Young made the most of opportunities.

To be frank, I don't care as long as we win.

Toby Mclean must be feeling really good about the selection for this game :(
Toby McLean should be focusing on dropping 5kgs and getting his running capacity back on track, I know he’s recovering from brutal injuries and that sucks but he’s just not at the level required right now, he’s had more than enough chances this year

Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back