Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps absolutely annihilated us last time. Gotta win the midfield battle.

In: Darcy / Buku & mcneil
Out: Treloar / JUH (if no good)

Sub: Cleary

Looks like it may be, I’ve been thinking this was a home game ffs didn’t even bother.

We’ve had what 2 home games this year? * sake
Zero chance this has sold out a week away from playing.
But yes, looking now, no tickets available anywhere. WTF?

Why can it not be sold out? We had 46k for our home game two weeks ago. We play a high drawing team in a clash between two teams who are probably contending for the same spots on the ladder in a game where neither team is a clear favorite. I predict a massive crowd myself.

As for the Cripps call. Yes tag him at stoppages and around the ground. But it will be hard to do so in the middle at the bounces, as it means one of Bont, Libba and whoever else is in there takes themselves out the contest as well. Hence I said get our hands on it first and do what we do best. Tag Cripps, they have Walsh, tag Walsh, Cerra and Acres were their best mids last week, and so.

Last edited:
Looks like it may be, I’ve been thinking this was a home game ffs didn’t even bother.

We’ve had what 2 home games this year? * sake
It’s been a very weird draw. We then play 4 of 5 home at Marvel from round 12-16.

By the time we finish round 11, we’ll have played just 4 games at Marvel with 3 as the home team. We’re lucky we’re banking the wins early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo said during his pre game presser last week that the club had ran Garcia, West and CD through the midfield in the pre-season to cover Treloar in the early part of the season.

CD is already rotating through there, Garcia is injured which leaves West.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

McLean will get the nod imo
I agree - I feel like Mclean will be called up.

Last edited:
I agree - it's Mclean for me.
Swapping Treloar for McLean is a bit like swapping an F1 car for a shopping trolley that has one of those bung wheels that makes it impossible to steer and move.

With how much Bev prioritises speed in the team ATM I would be stunned if this is what he goes for, rightly or wrongly.

Last edited:
Ticketing agencies are a disgrace. They treat the punters with contempt.

Each of the duopoly holds a monopoly right over any given sporting/entertainment event ... and monopoly control nearly always lead to gouging and poor service.

There are some technical obstacles but it's possible to create genuine competition with a restructure of the ticket supply chain. Realistically the best we can hope for is that the ACCC/Fed Govt will just threaten them with a restructure if they don't deliver more honest service.

I doubt anything will happen though. If you're angry enough send off an email to your local Federal MP.

Not true. There are plenty of wing tickets
There always is - these are AFL member tickets, that’s why an Etihad sellout is only 45k even though it has a capacity >50k

Maybe some more will pop up magically later in the week but as it stands right now there’s only standing room available

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back