Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like us to get Cleary a game and send one of Dale, JJ or Richards to the wing. Macrae/Smith to play Treloars role.

If JUH is out Buku seems the logical replacement.

Is anyone having issues getting fully blocked from accessing the Ticketmaster website. Wanted to buy some standing room tickets but can’t even get on the site.

Ticketing agencies are a disgrace. They treat the punters with contempt.

Each of the duopoly holds a monopoly right over any given sporting/entertainment event ... and monopoly control nearly always lead to gouging and poor service.

There are some technical obstacles but it's possible to create genuine competition with a restructure of the ticket supply chain. Realistically the best we can hope for is that the ACCC/Fed Govt will just threaten them with a restructure if they don't deliver more honest service.

I doubt anything will happen though. If you're angry enough send off an email to your local Federal MP.
I don't disagree, but nothing untoward has happened with this game (yet), has it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lastly, if I buy in aisle 47 Coventry end is that Dogs cheer squad for an away game at Marvel?
It differs, depending on who we are playing.

For Carlton games, yes the cheer squad will be at the Coventry/Bourke St end

Newman wins at tribunal, will line up for the Blues this weekend.
The MRP/Tribunal chook lotto strikes again.

Not that I'm concerned he's playing, but Newman clearly elbowed him in the chin a long way from where the ball was, leaving Neale to get up holding his jaw. How that avoids a week is beyond me.

The MRP/Tribunal chook lotto strikes again.

Not that I'm concerned he's playing, but Newman clearly elbowed him in the chin a long way from where the ball was, leaving Neale to get up holding his jaw. How that avoids a week is beyond me.
According to Carltank supporters, it was to the chest which is why Neale and Cripps were "laughing about it"

They're a special bunch

I have barely watched him but my Carlton supporting relative says he is a great small defender. You’re making him sound like Plowman 2. Who’s telling the truth here 😂.
He's a fantastic kick when he's got time and space. He also shutdown Toby Greene, but that was really more of a team effort.

He's way out of form though and is playing aimlessly, like most of our team at the moment.

Carlton, really have struggled since they lost their best player Brown Paper Bag, they haven’t won a premiership since (checks notes) 1995, when Brown Paper Bag starred. Since Brown Paper Bag, was retired they really haven’t been the “Old Navy Blues” although, blue has continued to be associated with them, in particular their fan base.

Their fan base is certainly restless as the years tick away, and they are fast approaching thirty years without a premiership or really any form of success, unless you count Brownlows, who seem to go more often than most to a team with one player who really stands out, I could say because the rest are shite, but that would be unkind, and as we now know Charlie is second to the Bont, the respected best player in the competition.

Still one thing Blues fans still have is their over sense of entitlement, and their ability to be loud and rude at games, particularly noted at away games to the home team supporters.

We do send our hopes and prayers, prayers and hopes that one day they can win a premiership, without a player like Brown Paper Bag.

Must admit I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing Marra sit this one out (so long as it’s 1-2 weeks max not the dreaded 5-6 weeker everyone else seems to be getting)

It’s a long season and he’s probably not ready for 24 games anyway, looked a little slower than he has previously this week (maybe just the wet track though) so a freshen up couldn’t hurt.

Plus Buku is coming off his best game and I’m really keen to see how he goes with proper support in the fwd line in Naughty/Lobb. Everyone shitcanning his AFL output fails to recognise that he was a 190cm half back flanker who was tasked with holding down a genuine key position role and hit up in the ruck lmao, with shit support too - like he’s ever gonna succeed in those roles.

This would be a really good opportunity for him that would tell us a lot about where he’s at.

But most have already written him off because they apparently must have the inside goss to his fitness levels & running capacity…

Plus Buku ... This would be a really good opportunity for him that would tell us a lot about where he’s at.

But most have already written him off because they apparently must have the inside goss to his fitness levels & running capacity…
I get the sarcasm but don't confuse "most" with the handful of posters who have posted a view that's contrary to yours.

My guess is "most" here are agnostic at worst ... and still quite hopeful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back