Changes vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale out for Stevens
Rest are injury dependent I guess. If Cloke is out takes some heat off KPD wise.

You'd have to look at Hamling with Rough rucking. Hamling or Morris could take White who is shit. Means Campbell is out.

Possibly Prudden as sub Hunter deserves a full game.

T Boyd rucked ok but looks shot fwd and was out marked IMO. Got to wonder if he is due a confidence building spell. Would be out if Minson was fit nearly IMO.

Interesting to see performances tomorrow. Hrovat, Honey and Webb pressing Grant and Crameri IMO. Don't think Crameri is a mids butt with shit vision and Grant has to improve his set shot and ball winning

Jong has to come in, and irrespective of his form.

He was such a big factor and big barometer when we had those early season wins against West Coast, Richmond, Adelaide and Sydney. He was very important to our success then.

Since the bye we might have beaten Brisbane, Carlton, St Kilda and Gold Coast, but nobody can argue that we played much worse, much much worse, than we did in those four early season wins - and we played much worse without Jong in the team. He's a difference maker and a barometer to how the team is doing well.

Can Minson go with Grundy? I'm not sure. Hopefully Hamling is back. With no Cloke looking likely, Roughy to play Ruck.
In. Hamling Hrovat/Honey
Out Campbell Prudden
We need some speed. All our bigs combined with our slower mids is starting to show.

Prudden, Campbell out.

Ins, depends on the fitness of a few. Pick from a bunch of Hrovat, Webb, Jong, Hamling, Roberts, Talia, Minson.

Will Bevo go with Goodes again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and this will be controversial but hear me out.

Stringer needs to spend a couple of weeks in the 2s to work on decision making. Just to reset and come back sure of himself. Last few weeks he's really lost that x-factor and it's because he's trying to go hulk-mode at the wrong times. He hasn't been able to fend off or use his strength and aggression to the level he is capable of because he's been attempting it at every opportunity rather than at the right opportunity. He was slightly better this week in terms of being in the game for longer but he has gone missing at times over the last weeks too. His uncontested possessions have been ok, but I think he just needs to reload and reflect for a week or two and come back more consistent like Macrae did earlier in the season. Crameri can fill Stringer's forward role and get back to kick goals.

Changes for me would be:
Out: Stringer, Dale, Prudden.
In: Hrovat, Hamling, Webb.

I want to let Campbell have a couple of games at AFL level to showcase his wares. Hunter was good when he came up, lifted his intensity and made good decisions. Dale comes out for the rest of the season, he is going to be a jet but he just needs to hit the gym before he can really compete with men. Prudden was ok but Webb has far superior disposal and I'd be looking at playing him on the wing a bit to help with forward entries.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and this will be controversial but hear me out.

Stringer needs to spend a couple of weeks in the 2s to work on decision making. Just to reset and come back sure of himself. Last few weeks he's really lost that x-factor and it's because he's trying to go hulk-mode at the wrong times. He hasn't been able to fend off or use his strength and aggression to the level he is capable of because he's been attempting it at every opportunity rather than at the right opportunity. He was slightly better this week in terms of being in the game for longer but he has gone missing at times over the last weeks too. His uncontested possessions have been ok, but I think he just needs to reload and reflect for a week or two and come back more consistent like Macrae did earlier in the season. Crameri can fill Stringer's forward role and get back to kick goals.

Changes for me would be:
Out: Stringer, Dale, Prudden.
In: Hrovat, Hamling, Webb.

Um......no on the Stringer thing

Out: crameri
in: anyone not named crameri

He alone saved 3 goals from happening and us getting blown away. He didn't hit the scoreboard but was good behind the ball. The thing people wanted from him was multiple efforts and he delivered iin that.

We couldnt break the lines today and got smashed in the centre, unfortunately Dale and Prudden need to make way. Boyd i thought went ok as second ruck but compared to having Roughy in as second ruck there is no contest. Bev's hands were probably tied with Roughy needing to play on Hawkins, there was no other match up for him.

We need either Hamling or Roberts back in, not Talia if Choke is stuffed, this frees up Roughy to support Campbell or Minson if right

Ins for Dale and Prudden ? Jong and ?

How'd prudden go?
Like any prophet he has his disciples and his detractors. He does a lot of 1%-type things in heavy traffic and they aren't always noticed (officially only 2 1%ers, which is low for a defender). His disposal is generally good and he was given kick-out duties which is a bit of a compliment. He is perhaps a bit slow (especially for his size) and this will work against him. I think he's worth retaining on the list. Some others don't. Probably a 60% chance to stay in the side IMO.

Stats summary: 11 disposals at 91%, 5 CPs. No cheapy kick-out possessions (like Shaw who kicks to himself every time and racks up mysteriously big numbers). 4 tackles. Only one clanger. 84% GT.

How'd the kids' party go?

Sad to think that Grants missed shots in the second could have won us the game

Mike I thought you had a clue but after the above comment I dont think so

You blame Grant it is a easy target to blame him for the losing that game and if Eagleton was playing you would blame him .Never mind Redpath missing a goal 25 mtrs right in front and then going for a shot and taking 2 hrs to think about it and then passing it You dont blame Wallis kicking it to the forward line when there is 3 Geelong players to one bulldog players .I could go on but to blame Grant for missing shots is bullshit .

Last edited:
Like Crammers game. He stays.

Need to be more mobile, so Grant and Hunter stay.

Out - Campbell, Prudden

In - Hrovat, Hamling

Roughie to start in the ruck and backed up by Boyd. I'm not sure about Minson's ability to go with the Pies. Think Dale earned his recall from the Reserves and deserves another week.

Watched a bit of the Pies after half time and not sure there's been a bigger waste of space than Jesse White. I remember coming on this forum for the first time and there were people on here begging the Dogs to make a play for him. Geezus...with no Cloke, they'll need their mosquito fleet To kick goals for them.

Defensive efforts from our midfield...that'll be where it's won and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back