Wood ~~ Greenwood ~~ McDonald
Dal Santo ~~ Black --- Ziebell
Thomas ~~~ Petrie ~~~~ Harvey
Goldstein ~ Cunnington ~ Swallow
McKenzie Bastinac Brown Harper

Out:
McMahon, Jacobs, Adams, Gibson, Daw

In: Mullet, Wood, Brown, Harper, McKenzie
Kudos for suggesting we drop Daw, not Black. For me, Daw's potential and value is overestimated just as Black's drop off is. If Brown is right, he claims back the spot he relinquished to Daw who is a liability imho. I'm not sure he'll make it; he seems to be basing his game style on Wellsy. Great highlight reel, but lazy as without the ball.

I'm not convinced about your other changes though. I'm with the chorus of those who, for the most part, don't see BMac ahead of Gibson. It might come, but it isn't there now. Gibson's game suffers if we aren't taking offensive risks.

Mullet's pace might offset McMahon's better one-on-one defensive game, but it was Narni we really missed, not Mullet. Lachie forced to man up more than we'd have liked once Waite came in.

I'd look to drop Patch and put in the next most deserving and rejig the side, if necessary, accordingly.

If JZ isn't fully fit, forget the sub role (we'd have been better subbing Jack off, than on). If out, give either Dumont in the middle or Wood on the outside a go.

What's the extent of Brown's injury? Will he make it back this week?

I think we need to keep it simple and play hard contested footy. The minimum required against the cats is hard tackling and broken bodies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black, McMahon and Adams just simply can't play!

Don't care who comes in :cool:

McMahon has done some good things since coming back but is clearly past his best, and, sadly, Patch has only really contributed this year in bursts as the sub. Even with limited replacement options, it is probably worth replacing them.

But Black certainly can play. Isn't at the moment, but can. If injury is stopping him, then he should get the surgery. If not, I just don't know. He is young and good enough to persist with, and the forward line works with him, Drew and Brown, but if he would be better with more confidence in the VFL or with a message that he needs to work for his spot, they should pull that rein.

Anyone who gets subbed off half way through the third is due to be dropped.

As for Black, clearly injured or is just mentally not bothered by his poor performances knowing he won't get dropped. In either case; get him right!

it wont matter who the hell is in and out this team has no leaders, when the game is tight and pressure on no one stands up and its been like this for a few years. Its a bloody disgrace and just shows at the end of the day we do not have enough top line players.

it wont matter who the hell is in and out this team has no leaders, when the game is tight and pressure on no one stands up and its been like this for a few years. Its a bloody disgrace and just shows at the end of the day we do not have enough top line players.
This is the real issue, in all of our loses no one has managed to stand up and lead the team....Swallow is just not captain material.... unfortunately.

If Black is carrying an injury - off to surgery so he may be right for Utah and a tolt at 2015. Playing like this can't be helping his confidence.

Out: Black, McMahon, Adams
In: Wood, Mullett, Dumont

Brown or Daw aren't going to win us matches so don't mind who is in out of them.

Apart from Anthony, McKenzie and Mullet, Wood is the only player giving a yelp in the twos at the moment. Harper 9 touches and 3 tackles. That is garbage.
Dumont has had a strong first year, averaging 24 touches a game in the guts. Hopefully he is not too badly injured.

Aaron black is a ******* disaster at the moment, find me a player playing worse footy this year who has played every game? Who knows, he probably plays for ******* north melbourne.
Leigh Adams... :cry:

Out : McMahon, Black
In: Mullet, Wood

The cupboard is pretty bare at VFL level, so I can't see too many changes this week. McMahon getting subbed out last week seems to suggest that his head will be on the chopping block. I'd like to see Daw stay in. Thought he showed some encouraging signs last week.

Fairly confident against the Cats. Geelong didn't look at all impressive scrambling home against GWS and we're due for a good performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back