Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get the people calling for five or so changes, yes an Axe needs to swing but let's not remove 1/4 of our side. Same goes for Dumont, his time is coming but he's in a heavy training block, if he tries to play at an AFL level for the first time on tired legs it'll shoot his confidence. Also why drop Maj when he's had one of his better games for the season?
Drop McMahon for Mullet and Adams for Harper, I know it's too early for Harper but show me another option? Bringing in Wood makes us way too heavy and should only be done if dropping Black, otherwise LA is the only viable option (and it's not a great one)

I'll tell you one thing, if I was a North player I wouldn't come near this board, Christ some players cop it hard on here

I don't get the people calling for five or so changes, yes an Axe needs to swing but let's not remove 1/4 of our side. Same goes for Dumont, his time is coming but he's in a heavy training block, if he tries to play at an AFL level for the first time on tired legs it'll shoot his confidence. Also why drop Maj when he's had one of his better games for the season?
Drop McMahon for Mullet and Adams for Harper, I know it's too early for Harper but show me another option? Bringing in Wood makes us way too heavy and should only be done if dropping Black, otherwise LA is the only viable option (and it's not a great one)
9 kicks 3 tackles for Harps on the weekend.

Here's some "sports science"; changes explained in a mathematical equation:

c = A / π

Where:
c = number of changes
A = number of players that deserve a paddlin' and stint in the magoos
π = 3.14159265359

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of interest, which players do you think do? I think most are judged pretty fairly

Patch, Goldy, LA, Black, Jacobs, Gibbo, to name a few, I mean granted they've had poor games but they would walk into clubs like St. KILDA and Melbourne. Black was heavily chased by Freo and Gold by GC. I think though it's more the "Patch is sh*t, drop him" as opposed to any real argument as to why. Just saying this place could shoot down even the thickest skinned player.

Patch, Goldy, LA, Black, Jacobs, Gibbo, to name a few, I mean granted they've had poor games but they would walk into clubs like St. KILDA and Melbourne. Black was heavily chased by Freo and Gold by GC. I think though it's more the "Patch is sh*t, drop him" as opposed to any real argument as to why. Just saying this place could shoot down even the thickest skinned player.
LA would miss the target on the way to walking to st kilda. Adams should be dropped and the reasons are blatant, Gibbo is unfairly treated here by some I give you that. Blacks form has been disastrous and that's where his criticism comes from. Goldy is complicated and the two sides to that argument are very reasonable, it's more a discussion than hatred. Jacobs is fading into anonymity out on the field I feel.

We are a frustrated group but also a rather intelligent group of posters, emotions run high after displays where lack of effort from our most beloved sport team is present. The world loves a scapegoat but at the moment we deserve to lay the boot in as we put up with a side that seemingly doesn't care at times. Your motives would be strong on the melbourne board say, the dees have little talent but have a go and should be commended. Unfortunately players are the ones letting us down

Make harper or hine sub. Both have pace. They feel the pressure more than many, so hopefully a few quarters will be enough to fire them up and show something.

If Black is carrying an injury - off to surgery so he may be right for Utah and a tolt at 2015. Playing like this can't be helping his confidence.

Out: Black, McMahon, Adams
In: Wood, Mullett, Dumont
Would be happy with these changes also.
As long as the 3 you mentioned in Black, McMahon and Adams are dropped i'll be happy

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes Vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back