Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Good ins. Like others have said, would prefer Wellingham to Hutchings but if this gets the message across to Sharrod we'll be better for it.

Really like the idea of McGovern rotating between forward and back, allowing Darling to move into the midfield when he moves up forward and releasing Schofield up the ground when he moves down back. Would like to see that setup for the rest of the year. Likewise the Naitanui-Lycett combo.

McGovern, Lycett and Sheed getting extended opportunities, Sheppard being kept on the HBF permanently and Yeo becoming more or less a full-time midfielder by the end of the year are the things I want out of the rest of the season, personnel-wise at least.

Good ins. Like others have said, would prefer Wellingham to Hutchings but if this gets the message across to Sharrod we'll be better for it.

Really like the idea of McGovern rotating between forward and back, allowing Darling to move into the midfield when he moves up forward and releasing Schofield up the ground when he moves down back. Would like to see that setup for the rest of the year. Likewise the Naitanui-Lycett combo.

McGovern, Lycett and Sheed getting extended opportunities, Sheppard being kept on the HBF permanently and Yeo becoming more or less a full-time midfielder by the end of the year are the things I want out of the rest of the season, personnel-wise at least.

I don't. Not in any way, shape or form.

Kid guns it as a forward last week in his second game, then the next week is shuffled about? Not good. Reminds me of when Scott Cummings kicked 8 on debut for the Bombers... Kevin Sheedy comes out in his press conference after and says "I'm not sure he's a full forward". Result, Cummings gets moved around the ground for the next few years before debunking to Port Adelaide in 1997.

Don't f*** with the formula.

Naita is ready to roll and Lycett can't be left in the WAFL forever. I think it's an important move.

McGovern still in the team means we could have two genuine forwards, and Darling roaming around HF and minutes in the middle.

Yes he can. Especially if Sinclair is playing better football.

Seems like Wellingham has been sent 'the message' twice now, but every other midfielder has escaped the same fate.

Kills me seeing Wellingham dropped (not entirely undeservedly, mind you) but still having Hutchings in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his ball use is over rated. True he can be very creative but he also turns the ball over a lot! I really appreciate his ability to create space though

Well Hutchings was the comparison...

6 goals and B.O.G for Sinclair last week suggests otherwise.
Lycett kicked 2 goals last week in addition to the 3 goals the week earlier (named second b.o.g for East Perth). He's been pretty good for East Perth all year, I think he's worthy of selection for consistency over one blinder from Sinclair.

6 goals and B.O.G for Sinclair last week suggests otherwise.

Consistency is more important than just one game. Sinclair was the last player in a lot of effective attacking movements, up the ground Sinclair didn't do a great deal with ball in hand. Really the game was won by Lee, Sheed and Lycett in the second term. They broke the game open to the benefit of Sinclair.

no big objection to wellers missing out - he's been poor- but hutchings was beyond useless last weekend. finds enough of it but execution and decision making was pure horrible. under 13s level horrible.

would love to have heard whatever speech simmo gave after our last game. with cox (rested), glass (ret.) and wellingham (dropped... again) we seem to have (rightfully) conceded on our finals chances this season and look like going into player evaluation mode. again, no complaints from me. we need to find out if players like shep, sinclair, mcgovern, lycett, colledge et al have a future beyond being fringe players after carrying them for this long.

despite nesbitt's comments there must be a huge question mark about cox playing on next year so i think lycett and sinclair should and will stay.

Sinclair is a forward who can ruck, lycetts a ruck who can go forward. Sinclair and the Gov are battling it out while Cox and Lycett are battling it out. Lycett playing is unrelated to Sinclair not IMOIMO

How did he go in every other WAFL game this year? How has Lycett gone in the WAFL this year?

It isn't even a close race.

Lycett kicked 2 goals last week in addition to the 3 goals the week earlier (named second b.o.g for East Perth). He's been pretty good for East Perth all year, I think he's worthy of selection for consistency over one blinder from Sinclair.

Consistency is more important than just one game. Sinclair was the last player in a lot of effective attacking movements, up the ground Sinclair didn't do a great deal with ball in hand. Really the game was won by Lee, Sheed and Lycett in the second term. They broke the game open to the benefit of Sinclair.

and Lycett kicked 5 the week before and has kicked more goals for the season. 1 game doesnt make a player.

Not much else for me to do but stand corrected!

Cheers lads.

I see we must be talking about different player, because the player I'm talking about has only played one AFL standard game this year
Hutchings hasn't even played one. Wellingham is a far better player and he needs time in the middle to show his worth, not wasted on a flank.

I don't mind Wellingham being dropped because I know he has to earn his spot, but Hutchings and other mids in our side have been playing just as bad. If this was a final, you'd undoubtably pick Sharrod over Hutch.

Looking forward to see how a Kennedy/McGovern forward line goes, think it could work well. Good ins too this week, Lycett for Cox is a change that's needed to happen for a while now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back