Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

- Brown has been very good this year and his ability to play on smaller players has me feeling more confident when Glass retires.

- Wellingham is best played in the center with his class and is bigger body than Masten. Masten should play HHF and he plays that role a lot better than Wellingham.

- The west was reporting that at Tuesday training sessions Cox was having a lengthy discussions with Simmo instead of training...maybe Cox is stepping down for a while to let Lycett have a crack? I think its time to let Lycett have a crack.

- Sheppard needs to comes back in if he is 100% so he can build on his form down back.

- Brown has been very good this year and his ability to play on smaller players has me feeling more confident when Glass retires.

- Wellingham is best played in the center with his class and is bigger body than Masten. Masten should play HHF and he plays that role a lot better than Wellingham.

Were not many people (hoards ) bagging woosha fro playing mini masten on the HFF?

Out: Glass (ret), Cox (rest), Hutchings

In: Lycett, Sheppard, Sheed

B: Schofield, MacKenzie, Bennell
HB: Hurn, Brown, Sheppard
C: Rosa, Priddis, Gaff
HF: Wellingham, McGovern, Yeo
F: LeCras, Darling, Lycett
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Selwood
I: Ellis, Sheed, Cripps
S: Masten
E: Sinclair, Hutchings, Butler

There is room in our side for all of Schofield/Emac and Brown. Let the 2006 draft unite!

They have a combined 291 games between them...the time is now! ( we did very well in a draft in our flag year!)

I really think Schofield will go up a notch knowing he will probably be getting a game every week , being in and out of the side has really affected his form the same way it did to Brown a few years.

Out: Glass (ret), Cox (rest), Hutchings

In: Lycett, Sheppard, Sheed

B: Schofield, MacKenzie, Bennell
HB: Hurn, Brown, Sheppard
C: Rosa, Priddis, Gaff
HF: Wellingham, McGovern, Yeo
F: LeCras, Darling, Lycett
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Selwood
IK Ellis, Sheed, Cripps
S: Masten
E: Sinclair, Hutchings, Butler

A different look:

Bennel Mackenzie Schofield
Ellis Brown Yeo
Rosa Priddis Wellingham
Darling McGovern Hurn
Sinclair Kennedy Lecras
NN Selwood Shuey

I: Smith, Gaff, Cripps/Hill, i/c Masten

Basically we have a losing team. We need to do something. First motivation: Promote performance while it is warm - play Sinclair, Smith
Demote lack of performance: Cox

Incentives:
Any player who kicks a goal or directly assists in a goal will receive a $10,000 bonus
Any player winning an uncontested possession will receive a $2000 bonus
Any player making an effective tackle will receive a $2000 bonus

Other Problems:
We aren’t getting value from ruck dominance therefore:
-Use Darling as a ruck rover at times
-Use NN as a ruck rover at times with Sinclair and NN both on the ball

Play a proper CHF - McGovern and tell him to move around and take marks like Q did.
Use Hurn at HFF to kick goals over the scrum
Use Smith as HFF
Gaff on I - encourage flexibility to kick goals (3 last week)

Coach do something!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is room in our side for all of Schofield/Emac and Brown. Let the 2006 draft unite!
Just quietly this does concern me at some level. It takes 4-5 years to develop a KPD to a high level all 3 of our KPD's are the same age and could be looking at retirement in 5 years. I really hope we try and draft a KPD or two in the next 2 or so years or try Mcinnes down back (isn't doing too well up forward).

Just quietly this does concern me at some level. It takes 4-5 years to develop a KPD to a high level all 3 of our KPD's are the same age and could be looking at retirement in 5 years. I really hope we try and draft a KPD or two in the next 2 or so years or try Mcinnes down back (isn't doing too well up forward).

McGovern is already groomed should he be required.

There's another rookie being groomed as well.

I daresay we will recruit another key defender in the coming years - however it is hardly our most pressing need.

Really think Mcgovern should be our CHF.

Mackenzie and Brown have the KPD post locked down for the next 6 years.

We only need someone for a pinch - McGovern can do that.

Time is up our sleeve to get somone else on board. To be honest there is no point having a quality groomed 21 year old key defender (Like McInnes) on our list now - as they would just walk to get more opportunity

Hope you don't mind my input West Coast fans, i am a West Coast based Kangaroo's fan but i maintain a keen interest in your team and the dockers.

Glassy's retirement means I think you are in full rebuild mode. Which is both scary and exciting at the same time.

I think you have to look at your list and find players who will and should be playing in two years.

In my opinion in two years time the only guarantees will be: MacKenzie, Hurn, Brown, Wellingham, Yeo, LeCras, Darling, Lycett, Naitanui, Selwood and Nic Nat.

Trades and de listings of the current crop include: Sheppard, Schofield, Bennell, Rosa, Priddis, Gaff, McGovern, Shuey, Ellis, Cripps, Masten and Butler.

its time to cut some chaff.

Well done on a great career to Darren Glass, one of the best full backs of all time. A great player and a gentleman to boot. You were lucky to have such a great team captain.

All the best against the Suns and good luck in the next few years. Will be interesting to watch.

Just told my 9 year old nephew that his favourite player in Glassy just retired, his little heart broke. In better news this all but guarantees mcgovern a spot right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back