Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Really just want some young guys to be played. That way if we keep losing like we are it at least makes it interesting to just track the progress of the younger guys to see where they're at. Watching Yeo play all year has been good and McGovern made the loss today interesting cause it was still good to see what he can bring as part of our future. Sheed, Lycett, Colledge and Tunners should all be given extended goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis has done some nice things, but how many games has he managed to play 4 quarters? I thought the obvious move would have been to have subbed Cox for Wellingham, but Simpson subbed Ellis instead, so that robbed us of run in the last quarter and a bit.

Ellis still needs to build his workload up due to the minor interruptions he keeps getting. It's frustrating, but I'd like to think he's close.

Ellis still needs to build his workload up due to the minor interruptions he keeps getting. It's frustrating, but I'd like to think he's close.

Hurn not really offering much, would like to see what he can offer playing on ball or up forward. He'd only need a handful of tocuhes to create some damage. And with Naitanui palming him the ball, geeeeez.... We desperately need a big body midfielder who can kick, we have a cast of half back flankers

I'm another who would love to see Sheed and McGovern get another game, and Lycett get rewarded for effort.

So:

B: Glass, Brown, Ellis
HB: Hurn, MacKenzie, Bennell
C: Yeo, Priddis, Gaff
HF: Masten, Kennedy, Cripps
F: Lecras, McGovern, Darling
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Selwood

I: Rosa, Lycett, Sheed
Sub: Schofield

Emergency: Hutchings

- I think Schofield needs to be in there. Adds some dash, tries all day, can kick and is versatile.
- Give Coxy a rest for a week or two. He's gone off the boil in a big way in recent weeks.
- If Turbo McGovern can take a mark, and all we can do is bomb it long, put him at FF and let him do his thing.
- I desperately tried to work Hutchings in there. He would be the inclusion for Schofield.
- If Shep's fit he can come in for Schofield.

Sheed won't get a game next week, he's not in good enough form to warrant selection. Tunbridge, Colledge and Maginness are ahead of him atm, and with Shep likely to be available, he'll come into the team before Sheed.

I'd like to see Hurn, Darling and Yeo spending more time on the ball though.

B: Glass, McKenzie, Bennell
HB: Hurn, Brown, Sheppard
C: Rosa, Priddis, Shuey
HF: Wellingham, McGovern, Darling
FF: LeCras, Kennedy, Cripps
R: Natanui, Yeo, Selwood
I: Cox (think Lycett is already packing his bags for SA), Ellis, Tunbridge, Gaff

What I think will happen

In: Sheppard. Out: schofield

What should happen

In:lycett, Sheppard. Out: cox, schofield

Cox has been awesome, one of the all time greats but Father Time catches up with us all.

We arent challenging this year, and cox is a coach so clearly the future is on his mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back