Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: Kennedy, Sheed, Sheppard, Lycett
OUT: Schofield, Hutchings, Selwood, Cox

2 really poor games in a row from Scooter, put a rocket up him. It seems he has forgotten how to tag (run off his feet by a 36 y.o.) and he doesn't get a gig if that is the case.

It annoys me no end that we had half the tickets at the Selwood raffle and got a couple of booby prizes.

I'm struggling with the bigman conundrum - I want to take one out (overall), but want to keep all of Gov/Emac/Brown (EMac's first poor game in a while, Brown played well and Gov is the only reason I'll turn up next week). If Kennedy isn't ready, then Scooter gets a reprieve.

Is Selwood really tagging any more?

He's just another mid in the rotation as far as I'm concerned. Starting racking up big numbers in 2012 and from then on we decided he's too good to be pigeonholed as a tagger.

He seems to be tagging for periods and then finding his own ball throughout the game. I'd rather they just give him the tagging job for the whole game.

Been playing there all year.

Has kicked 10 goals so far...not sure he has improved his game and still plays like he doesn't really care.

ahh righto.

It was the first I have heard it. When I went with ChampRevesby to the East Perth game a few months ago, he was definitely playing back flank.

Hopefully he can make a better forward than back

Why hasnt anyone mentioned Sinclar??
Kicked 6 , had over 25 possessions and ripped it up against Perth.
Played much better than Lycett so why isnt he in contention?
Kennedy isnt in the best of form why does he automatically get a game ?
Cox needs to have the week off , Gov needs to stay in the side so that leaves 1 tall to come in.

Over the course of the past month Lycett has outperformed Sinclair. Much better player anyway, both for now and the future.

Cox needs to have the week off , Gov needs to stay in the side so that leaves 1 tall to come in.

Because Lycett is also in good form and is highly talented and needs game time for his development and also to make sure he doesn't leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but Kennedy is ineffably better than either Sinclair or Lycett as a forward option.

How players get goals is relevent. Sinclair took just one contested mark inside 50 for those six goals and it was on a sub 190cm player, he got two from sneaking out the back prior to Perth turning the ball over on the rebound. Another by zoning in front of a leading Lycett and cutting his lead off and certain mark. Another two from simply uncontested marks where he had no opponent and simply moved into free space and got an easy hit up mark alone, another was on a beautiful strong lead.

It's not to say he didn't play well, he did and was our best over the whole four quarters. But he wasn't checked all game, and was given unacceptable levels of space. He didn't have too compete for his ball. There were few occasions where lateral pressure was placed on him, which is where he can be exposed.

Lycett just breaks games open more, he's better in the contested stuff and better in traffic and it shows with his ball use and the quality of his possessions. He knows how to absorb phsyical pressure and make space for himself easily, he hasn't adjusted to AFL level football yet but he's not going to be as reliant on being fed the ball and getting out wide in space if and when he does.

Been playing there all year.

Has kicked 10 goals so far...not sure he has improved his game and still plays like he doesn't really care.

Had a lovely chase down or two on the weekend. Though East Perth supporters flamed him for not having the legs after a 100m spring through the middle when i think it was Hill kicked the ball too high and too long inside 50 so he got beaten by a fresher Perth player to the ball drop at the goal square. He's showing a bit, blazed a few times going inside 50 but also lowered his eyes going inside 50 and hit some excellent short targets with flat hard passes. He's much better user when he doesn't over kick the ball. He's a great set shot though.

He seems to be tagging for periods and then finding his own ball throughout the game. I'd rather they just give him the tagging job for the whole game.

I'd prefer Scooter to tag the whole game too, every game. I certainly don't want to see him used as an offensive midfielder given the way he kicks the ball. It's like he's been taking kicking advice from McGinnity.

Brown kept Bruest to only 9 possesions and one goal, which he arsed from the pocket

That's a really good effort from Brown. Breust can be one of those small forwards that WC find difficult to contain, who ends up kicking 3-4 goals and having field day.

I'd prefer Scooter to tag the whole game too, every game. I certainly don't want to see him used as an offensive midfielder given the way he kicks the ball. It's like he's been taking kicking advice from McGinnity.

I think Scooter will go to GAJ and try to tag him out of the game, I am more worried about the others like O'Meara et al. I just don't think we have enough run to stop their offensive thrusts out the middle.

Thought this was interesting about Smith.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Forward?
Didn't know that he had changed positions...

Ash Smith changing his role from a BP/HBF to a HFF may provide reason enough for a reprieve from delisting this year. They may want to give him a bit more than one year to see how playing that position pans out for him. It's not like WC are short of other delist worthy candidates.

I think Scooter will go to GAJ and try to tag him out of the game, I am more worried about the others like O'Meara et al. I just don't think we have enough run to stop their offensive thrusts out the middle.

GAJ will pick up 15-20 of his 35-40 possessions by receiving a 30cm handball from running past a teammate with a free kick/mark and generally accumulate, while adding a goal or two. GAJ is going to do this regardless of who plays on him. Scooter will try, but ultimately fail at stopping GAJ. It's O'Meara and Prestia who can burn WC with their run and carry at pace.

As many have been saying on this forum, Cox isn't the All-Australian champion link up Ruckman he once was and is now Mr Wave his arms up and play for free kicks ruckman/forward guy. Unless this changes, there is little point playing him ahead of Lycett/Sinclair. (IMHO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back