Unofficial Preview Changes vs North (Broomy out, Tooves in, Marsh, Dwyer and Broomy emergencies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say there's no hope of Tooves or Ramsay coming back in (for what is likely to be a high pressure game coming off a bye) given the injuries they had.

You've got more chance of seeing Marsh I reckon if Frosty doesn't come up.

Some background on North this season ...

- Like us, they were belted by Adelaide early in the season
- Like us, they belted Lions and they beat Essendon
- Unlike us, they won their games against Richmond and Geelong
- Unlike us, they've had a tougher draw, getting belted by both Freo and Hawks, and losing to Port

Be shocked if Langdon gets dropped too. We need intercept mark rebounders and he is one. May not be in his best form but still probably better than the options to replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some background on North this season ...

- Like us, they were belted by Adelaide early in the season
- Like us, they belted Lions and they beat Essendon
- Unlike us, they won their games against Richmond and Geelong
- Unlike us, they've had a tougher draw, getting belted by both Freo and Hawks, and losing to Port
Wonder if we'll start favourites like we did against the Tigers. More money could be made.

I like the idea of playing De Goey versus the weaker teams at the moment, he's still very young and raw, but is really going to be something special. He's not up to the top level yet though, so leaving him out vs North isn't a terrible idea.

Broomhead might be in trouble because of being the sub too.

Seedsman had a quiet game but is so important to us that he's not even in the region of being considered to be dropped.

Agree Seed has been average last 2 games but he does seem to take time to get back up to speed after missing games. Think though that he's more vulnerable than Broomy who had an impact when he was subbed in.

There won't be a lot of changes this week coming off a 69 point win. If Frost cannot get up then maybe Marsh gets a call up. Other than that think they will stick fat with the team that won, unless they drop Broomy for match fitness to the VFL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we'll start favourites like we did against the Tigers. More money could be made.

North are currently $1.66 favourites.

Think Frosty will be ok. Corked hammys are nasty for the first 24-48hrs but he should heal up well within a week. If not then Marsh will come in for a much deserved debut.

Would like to see Kennedy get a crack but feel he needs one more full game in the VFL.

Tooves will come in if fit, think Ramsay might have to have a run in the 2's.

FFS get yourself fit Ben Reid.

What's the bet Fas does nothing against the Roos?

He played well against GC and deserves his spot but I get that feeling against decent opposition he'll be back to his usual ineffectual self.

Glass half empty.

On the contrary, maybe this 5 week VFL stint has shown him the attitude required to play at AFL level.

Nick Maxwell spoke really well on SEN earlier about Seedsman and Fasolo in comparison to Pendles. He said even though Pendles has more natural talent, that the other 2 aren't that far behind and it's Pendles attitude to extract the most out of himself that separates him from the rest. He said the upside is huge with Fas and Seedo and he thinks they are both potential All Australian players.

Although I don't go in with confidence against Norf, the one thing we bring every week is pressure on the receivers and ball carriers, norf turns to water at the slightest bit of pressure and intensity. The odds will be in their favor as it should be, but it we can well and truly win this game. Really need Frost to come up. Need a disciplined defender to take Thomas so we don't give away 12 frees in our forward 50.

If Swallow doesn't come up (hes been playing like a donkey lately anyway), still no Dal Santo, and hopefully no Brown and we could almost be favorites. I don't say no Wells because I fully expect Brad Scott to say that this week is the week that Wells is right to play.

The sort of games I would go to Taylor Adams and say your going head to head with Cunnington and hopefully we wrestle midfield dominance.

Glass half empty.

On the contrary, maybe this 5 week VFL stint has shown him the attitude required to play at AFL level.

Nick Maxwell spoke really well on SEN earlier about Seedsman and Fasolo in comparison to Pendles. He said even though Pendles has more natural talent, that the other 2 aren't that far behind and it's Pendles attitude to extract the most out of himself that separates him from the rest. He said the upside is huge with Fas and Seedo and he thinks they are both potential All Australian players.
He said that about simon buckley once too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back