Changes vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he is a gun down back but would love to see Andrews swap with McStay up forward even for a quarter. He is very smart and good hands. Schak attack and Andrews up forward in couple of years would give teams nightmares.

I know he is a gun down back but would love to see Andrews swap with McStay up forward even for a quarter. He is very smart and good hands. Schak attack and Andrews up forward in couple of years would give teams nightmares.

Could work but best to keep Andrews back due to his great form this year and his ability to kill the ball

Taylor should be run through the centre a bit...thats his go.
Putting the weakest tackler in the club into the midfield would be a massive step backwards after the intensity we showed on the weekend.

Disagree. Taylors been poor for a few weeks now. Good player yes. But with beams matho and a few others coming in or thereabouts his spot isnt garunteed. Only thing i see lewy offering is speed. Even then he hasnt used it enough this season.

He's playing like a player with an intention to leave the club (Aisho)

Everyone wants to drop McStay but keep under performing Walker in the team Port have one Ruckman Lobbe who could miss due to injury I would love to see how our team would perform with McStay and Schache forward

Out; Walker Harwood Dawson
In; Paparone Beams Schache

Last edited:
Everyone wants to drop McStay but keep under performing Walker in the team Port have one Ruckman Lobbe who could miss due to injury I would love to how our team would perform with McStay and Schache

Everyone is a stretch.
By your call, you've taken out 2 backs and assuming you've kept McStay up forward with Schache, who goes back?
Harwood played OK yesterday, he's safe.Gaining confidence with each game.
Walker had his worse game but he's been more than serviceable. Can't see him being dropped on yesterdays game.
Can't wait for Thursday, I'm intrigued as hell.

Everyone is a stretch.
By your call, you've taken out 2 backs and assuming you've kept McStay up forward with Schache, who goes back?
Harwood played OK yesterday, he's safe.Gaining confidence with each game.
Walker had his worse game but he's been more than serviceable. Can't see him being dropped on yesterdays game.
Can't wait for Thursday, I'm intrigued as hell.
I decided to move Rich to half-back with Beams to come in his run and kicking would suit him well I think free him of the tag too

Everyone wants to drop McStay but keep under performing Walker in the team Port have one Ruckman Lobbe who could miss due to injury I would love to see how our team would perform with McStay and Schache forward

Harwood has had an up and down season so far,but looked alot more assured this game I think. Wouldn't drop just yet. I think Dawson is a definite out and even though he played well and I liked the look of him I think they might drop Keays back to the ressies. Hope not though

I decided to move Rich to half-back with Beams to come in his run and kicking would suit him well I think free him of the tag too
I dont mind the suggestion of walker having a spell. But it would be for freeman or west. We cant drop 2 mid sized defenders for a midfielder. Destroys team balance. Agree on dawson. Paps comes in for him. A mid/forward would have to come out for dayne beams. And if Walker gets the chop then freeman or west for him to pinch hit in the ruck.

We got to keep an understanding though that when our midfield is up and going our defensive structure if its a good one will hold up 10 times better. We have seen in the past that when our mids are a little off its too much for our defenders (see geelong and west coast for instance) to cope.

If our mids are up and about (gold coast swans and to some extent north) then everything will flow from there. As long as our skills are fine and we take our opportunities we will be in most games.

Not sure why there's so many expecting walker to produce fireworks week in week out. He's been excellent imo, always creates a contest to bring our smalls into the game and does a good job backing up stef in the ruck. Anything more than that is a bonus. shack and beams in for Dawson and Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best to wait until the club's official injury list comes out. Never the same as the one on Herald Sun.

IN: Schache, Beams, Paparone
OUT: Dawson, Harwood, Taylor

Not sure how it would shuffle around, but I'd like Paps down back (of course) together with McStay down back also - both will give decent run and rebound from half back against a speedy Port side.
I want Mayes up forward to see him in front of the sticks again. Could surprise a lot of people. I do think its his natural position. May also play well in Adelaide with his family and friends watching (please insert comment about improving PA/Crows trade value come end of season HERE).
Try not to reinvent the wheel too much; we played a great match against Sydney.
Walker, Mayes, CBeams all deserve this run...and whats a bye in the NEAFL going to do for them? Sweet FA. Another so-so game from either of those 3, and a poor overall game against Port, and they can be dropped for a spell in the ressies, and players such as Green, NRobbo, Matho looked at to come back in.

If Cuts is back he slots straight in. Would be perfect.

IN: Beams, Cutler, Paparone, Schache.
Out: Beams, Dawson, Mayes, McStay.

Harwood Merrett Gardiner
Cutler Andrews Paparone

Hanley Rockliff Rich

Beams Schache Christensen
Green Walker Lester

Martin, Robinson, Zorko

Keays, Bastinac, Bewick, Bell.

Can't conceive of them dropping Harwood and keeping Claye. No way we will drop Walker. Leppa very rarely gives rookies just one game. Keays to play.

Putting the weakest tackler in the club into the midfield would be a massive step backwards after the intensity we showed on the weekend.
There are three other players in the square. Taylor breaks lines has evasive skills and the team's quickest hands. ...probably why he played onball most of his career .One dimensional thinking. ...ask the Falcons coaches and footy department,not exactly ignorant people.
Can't conceive of them dropping Harwood and keeping Claye. No way we will drop Walker. Leppa very rarely gives rookies just one game. Keays to play.

There are three other players in the square. Taylor breaks lines has evasive skills and the team's quickest hands. ...probably why he played onball most of his career .One dimensional thinking. ...ask the Falcons coaches and footy department,not exactly ignorant people.
Yeah but who drops out to put taylor in? Sorry but with Robbo, rich, basti, hanley, rocky, zorko and christensen all currently running through the middle its pretty stacked. Dbeams comes back in as well and they all have so many more weapons both offensively and defensively to taylor. I could understand if he had shown Zorko or hanley esq line breaking ability but he does not. Zorko also sticks tackles and doesn't lack defensively, would be more one dimensional thinking to put a player in the middle just so he 'might' play a little better than he currently is especially when someone with proven genuine ability would have to drop out of the rotations.

Yeah but who drops out to put taylor in? Sorry but with Robbo, rich, basti, hanley, rocky, zorko and christensen all currently running through the middle its pretty stacked. Dbeams comes back in as well and they all have so many more weapons both offensively and defensively to taylor. I could understand if he had shown Zorko or hanley esq line breaking ability but he does not. Zorko also sticks tackles and doesn't lack defensively, would be more one dimensional thinking to put a player in the middle just so he 'might' play a little better than he currently is especially when someone with proven genuine ability would have to drop out of the rotations.
I agree Taylor isn't the right player to throw into our midfield I think Bell would be better our midfield looked so much better against the Swans when Bell was thrown in there our contested football was so much better

Cutler back in would be huge, absolutely huge.

Like Dawson as a future prospect but he should probably spend a good month in the magoos after his performance on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back