Prediction Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Gawd what are we going to do when Cox, Pearce & Walters are all fit?

Cox for Davies is easy but you would hate to see Draper go out. I guess we could play him over Wagner/Aish but we look good with a rebounding medium. I can’t imagine a world where Chapman gets dropped. Bad luck for Drapes I guess?

As for Walters. There is just no way Sturt goes out now. Or Freddy or Switta.

I never thought I’d say it but I think I’d keep Banners over 2024 Walters. Maybe Sonny could be the ultimate sub?

Cox for Davies is easy but you would hate to see Draper go out. I guess we could play him over Wagner/Aish but we look good with a rebounding medium. I can’t imagine a world where Chapman gets dropped. Bad luck for Drapes I guess?

I never thought I’d say it but I think I’d keep Banners over 2024 Walters. Maybe Sonny could be the ultimate sub?
To be fair Draper was dropped only a week ago. It may still take him a bit of time before he puts together consistent performances of yesterday’s standard. Could easily have a stinker or two before Pearce comes back.

I would like Wagner to stay in the team as well for the time being.

Don’t see how Sonny comes back though. Sturt has started to win or half aerial contests where Sonny always gives up at least 20cm to his opponent.

Freddy has been quiet and needs to get more of it but I’d still back him in to have more impact than walters

Said it earlier ITT already, I'm not seeing a spot for Walters in this side.

We still play Cox and Pearce over Draper and Davies. Draper isn't suddenly best 22 because of one good game.

Let's not worry about tomorrow's problems, things tend to even out as players invariably suffer injuries/fatigue towards the end of the season.

Richmond are rubbish, and they're coming here on a 6 day break versus a week for us, and you know what? It's still not in the bag. Something Dockery could happen at any given time - we flew back from Adelaide after tight, intense losses against Carlton and Port and subsequently shat the bed against the Weagles.

If Cox is fit enough he comes in for Davies, and unless there's any other injuries I'm not making any other changes.

Does anyone know why Aish was starting sub? I hadn't noticed his form drop off, unless he's carrying a niggle I didn't know about.

Let's not worry about tomorrow's problems, things tend to even out as players invariably suffer injuries/fatigue towards the end of the season.

Richmond are rubbish, and they're coming here on a 6 day break versus a week for us, and you know what? It's still not in the bag. Something Dockery could happen at any given time - we flew back from Adelaide after tight, intense losses against Carlton and Port and subsequently shat the bed against the Weagles.

If Cox is fit enough he comes in for Davies, and unless there's any other injuries I'm not making any other changes.

Does anyone know why Aish was starting sub? I hadn't noticed his form drop off, unless he's carrying a niggle I didn't know about.
He’s been average the last month.
Doesn’t seem to be carrying a niggle but who would actually know outside the club.

Aish has been pretty average in contested work for 4-6 weeks. He also provides very little dash for a small back and his work rate / fitness is subpar.

If you think about the attribute you want in a defender;

1) Blanket a forward
2) Overlap running out of defense
3) intercept marking
4) kicking skills

Aish only provides the kicking skills. Wagner provides the overlap running and not much else, but I suspect he does better than Aish on curtailing his forward. Also the difference in run, is far greater than the difference in kicking skills.

If Cox is ready bring him in this week.

Need the chemistry and Davies isn’t ready, though no doubt will learn plenty from his taste of AFL.

Thought the mids really tired against the Swans, so the sub should be someone who can go into the middle and provide some energy, Aish is perfect for the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freddy has been quiet and needs to get more of it but I’d still back him in to have more impact than walters

Yeah I was surprised to see quite a few people down on Freddy in his thread.
I’m low key pretty happy with the season he’s putting together. We just look so much more dangerous and dynamic with him out on the field, pretty decent set shot and importantly he never seems to be in way of the leading Jye / Josh

I don’t think we will see Brennan for at least another two rounds.

By his own admission he considers himself still underdone.
This article below indicates otherwise:

Also at the very end of JL’s presser he responded to a comment about Brennan Cox and he said “I reckon we can squeeze him in”.

If anything Brennan started the Peel league game very average but finished decently well. Cox himself in the West said he took a while to find the pace at Reserves and then at League. He also said that he has been playing in 18v18 match sim including the post bye week.

His comments were more around taking a few weeks to find his feet and get used to the pace. No better way than to ease him with a game against Richmond.

The call for cox to come in or even consider it is nuts. He has been out for multiple weeks and only just had his first hit out. Needs at the least 2 more weeks of full wafl games to even consider him. He is no way near afl match fitness yet let alone wafl.

If Cox is ready he comes in for Davies. That would be the only change. What's going to be really interesting is whether Walters come back in when fit, because I think the coaches really like what they saw with the extra midfielder.
Why risk him? Cox needs another match in the WAFL. Only played one reserves then one for the league.
The more fitness he gets the better.

The call for cox to come in or even consider it is nuts. He has been out for multiple weeks and only just had his first hit out. Needs at the least 2 more weeks of full wafl games to even consider him. He is no way near afl match fitness yet let alone wafl.

He's had 2 weeks at a lower level as well as match sim. AFL is always going to be a step up regardless of how many WAFL matches he plays, may as well get him going.

I don't think the club will risk him if there are any questions, but if the S&C (who have reliably erred on the side of caution this year) deem him fit, I don't see why you wouldn't play him.

Aish is suddenly on the outer after being Mr Reliable for a few seasons.
4 more games and he has 100 Fremantle appearances.

If nothing else, just give him the vest for 4 more weeks and then after that feel free to drop him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back