Prediction Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Two more weeks for Cox at Peel is crazy talk. MAYBE one more. If we had McDonald and/or Pearce out there, sure, but he's replacing a 2 game 19 year old. He's going to give more than Davies very quickly (and I'm very big on Davies). If the hammy is ticked and it's just conditioning / form, I dont think it's a hard decision

Ok, why? If we're talking specifically the sub, why is Walters, who has one position, a better sub than Aish, who has the ability to play multiple positions?
In isolation he probably isn't, but Banfield's versatility becomes Walters' in this instance. Great problem to have if we're choosing between Aish and Walters as sub.

Yeah actually play him this weekend, get him up to AFL speed for a few games before West Coast who actually have tall forwards.

Can sub him at the end if needed
Under normal circumstances, he would come in for a Draper and have time to build behind Pearce and Ryan.
Unfortunately he’s coming in for Davies and he’s the key defender off the bat.

Paywalled article from The West;

As his Fremantle teammates held up in defence without captain Alex Pearce, Brennan Cox ticked boxes in his league return for Peel Thunder.
Here’s how all nine AFL-listed players fared.
Will Brodie: One of Peel’s best, bounced back from a foot injury last week with a dominant 34 disposals, seven clearances and five inside 50s.
Brennan Cox: Bit slow to start but looked comfortable over 80 minutes and was a strong presence in a defence end that was under pressure all game. Finished with 18 disposals, eight intercept marks and restricted Jack Mayo to just one goal.
Jack Delean: Failed to get a touch in the first half, kicked a goal in the third term and had four tackles.
Neil Erasmus: Some untimely fumbles with the ball but overall a decent outing with 27 disposals, 10 clearances and a goal under pressure.
Ethan Hughes: Rock solid down back, topped the marking with 13 and had 23 disposals in a strong performance.
Liam Reidy: Good in the hit outs but needs to have more impact around the ground, only six disposals.
Ethan Stanley: Good outside speed on the wing, 20 disposals but had lapses in skill.
Matthew Taberner: Constant target in attack, dropped a mark late that could have impacted the result, kicked two goals and had 11 touches.
Karl Worner: Put his hand up for a quick recall to AFL with 29 disposals and 13 intercept possessions - best defender on the ground.

Under normal circumstances, he would come in for a Draper and have time to build behind Pearce and Ryan.
Unfortunately he’s coming in for Davies and he’s the key defender off the bat.
He doesn't have to be though? Draper was the key defender last week, can do that role this week as well against whoever the **** Richmonds key forward is

Paywalled article from The West;

As his Fremantle teammates held up in defence without captain Alex Pearce, Brennan Cox ticked boxes in his league return for Peel Thunder.
Here’s how all nine AFL-listed players fared.
Will Brodie: One of Peel’s best, bounced back from a foot injury last week with a dominant 34 disposals, seven clearances and five inside 50s.
Brennan Cox: Bit slow to start but looked comfortable over 80 minutes and was a strong presence in a defence end that was under pressure all game. Finished with 18 disposals, eight intercept marks and restricted Jack Mayo to just one goal.
Jack Delean: Failed to get a touch in the first half, kicked a goal in the third term and had four tackles.
Neil Erasmus: Some untimely fumbles with the ball but overall a decent outing with 27 disposals, 10 clearances and a goal under pressure.
Ethan Hughes: Rock solid down back, topped the marking with 13 and had 23 disposals in a strong performance.
Liam Reidy: Good in the hit outs but needs to have more impact around the ground, only six disposals.
Ethan Stanley: Good outside speed on the wing, 20 disposals but had lapses in skill.
Matthew Taberner: Constant target in attack, dropped a mark late that could have impacted the result, kicked two goals and had 11 touches.
Karl Worner: Put his hand up for a quick recall to AFL with 29 disposals and 13 intercept possessions - best defender on the ground.
Will Brodie played? Damn he’s tough. Yet again kicking the door down.

In isolation he probably isn't, but Banfield's versatility becomes Walters' in this instance. Great problem to have if we're choosing between Aish and Walters as sub.
What do you mean by that? Banfield is versatile. He spent a lot of time on the wing during the Swan’s game. Walters is far too slow to be doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't have to be though? Draper was the key defender last week, can do that role this week as well against whoever the **** Richmonds key forward is
Good point.
Could argue given Richmond’s lack of talls it would be perfect for him to come in. But don’t want to be that arrogant that he’s not fit enough, yet

Didn’t look like he was carrying an injury on Saturday. Had some strapping on but playing without some form of strapping is the exception rather than the rule. All will be revealed tomorrow re injury.

Didn’t look like he was carrying an injury on Saturday. Had some strapping on but playing without some form of strapping is the exception rather than the rule. All will be revealed tomorrow re injury.
During the half time break they showed him in the rooms. He was limping quite badly.

Yeah I was surprised to see quite a few people down on Freddy in his thread.
I’m low key pretty happy with the season he’s putting together. We just look so much more dangerous and dynamic with him out on the field, pretty decent set shot and importantly he never seems to be in way of the leading Jye / Josh
yeah agreed, even in games where he may not have massive statistical impact, as a running outlet I think he's really hard to replace

yeah agreed, even in games where he may not have massive statistical impact, as a running outlet I think he's really hard to replace
he is really important, even if his role is to be a decoy and you don't see everything he does in the stats or on the scoreboard

really, they are all doing their part at the moment

Out: Davies

I don't mind if a young player loses a contest or fudges a kick... but his lack of second efforts in multiple instances were astounding.

The prime example was after his howler kick in that lead to a goal. The poor decision and poor execution I can live with, but then he just casually jogged around (in contrast to Wagner's desperation) while Wicks waltzed it into the goals.

If Cox isn't ready, I'd rather play Hughes, or let Chappy and Ryan play tall and start Aish in the 22. Giving Davies another game after that performance is dangerous - you can't reward that (lack of) effort and expect improvement.
What about the fella that was supposed to be guarding Blakey. Now, THAT is what would have brought the tears. AND remember, the SAME bloke cost us the Carlton game.
Will Brodie played? Damn he’s tough. Yet again kicking the door down.
I think Johnson has his foot firmly on the door Brodie is trying to kick down.

If reports of him carrying a knee injury are true, perhaps a week's rest could be OK for him.
He has played the entire season with a knee bandgaed.
His place is secure. Sturt, that is.
He may just be the missing link we have been searching for for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back