Prediction Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean by that? Banfield is versatile. He spent a lot of time on the wing during the Swan’s game. Walters is far too slow to be doing that.
Absolutely, I mean that whilst Aish can come on in any area, Walters clearly can't so is dependent upon a player that can play anywhere playing in the fwd line already - step up Banners. I get you'd need to move the magnets a little more as Walters won't fully replicate Banners, but Sturt/Switta/Freddie can do that.

Been thinking about it a bit and wouldn’t mind bringing in a midfielder as sub this week. Aish can replace Davies in the starting 22.

There isn’t many tall forwards for Richmond and it could be a chance to sub Fyfe out of a game early and get a look at how say Erasmus goes as an inside mid. I know we could get an injury elsewhere and Erasmus ends up playing in some role that doesn’t suit him but that’s the risk you take every time you don’t select a super-versatile player as sub - and there’s probably only 2-3 of those on the edge of our best 22 (i.e. players 18 to 25).

Richmond aren't the basketcase they were in the earlier rounds, got a lot of players back, we only really broke them open in the last quarter last time.

Historically our bogey team so I'm a little bit worried, hope it doesn't rain, they came over and pumped us at home in the wet last year

Richmond aren't the basketcase they were in the earlier rounds, got a lot of players back, we only really broke them open in the last quarter last time.

Historically our bogey team so I'm a little bit worried, hope it doesn't rain, they came over and pumped us at home in the wet last year
Forecast is rain…

Absolutely, I mean that whilst Aish can come on in any area, Walters clearly can't so is dependent upon a player that can play anywhere playing in the fwd line already - step up Banners. I get you'd need to move the magnets a little more as Walters won't fully replicate Banners, but Sturt/Switta/Freddie can do that.
Walters can play midfield if needed - remember his 2019 All Australian year, mid-forward role, similar to what young is playing now. It also helps him get off a lock down defender and gets him into the game. I expect there will be a spot for him somewhere, at some point after he recovers. Someone will be sore, injured etc - don't think he'd play at peel - perhaps can play as sub.

Forecast is rain…
No that's not correct. There is a front expected, but it's looking more like somewhere between 10pm and midnight. Still a few days out obviously, so things could change, but right now it will be a dry game with heavy rain falling overnight.

No that's not correct. There is a front expected, but it's looking more like somewhere between 10pm and midnight. Still a few days out obviously, so things could change, but right now it will be a dry game with heavy rain falling overnight.
Correct. At this point the most likely scenario is no actual rain at all on the game, but the front could arrive earlier or later and we're not really going to know either way till about 24 hours before the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just Google Perth weather and see what time it says it will rain lol

haha nah just kiddin'
Cbs Omg GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Is Walker hurt, or was it just cramping..?!

I'm okay if it's Cox for Davies. I think, against Richmond at home is a good opportunity to ease Cox back in........

If we remain unchanged, I'd be fine with that. Agree with others, thought Wagner looked dangerous - looks a lot more composed and effective at the level than when he returned last year to an AFL environment

Walker is injured and may not play according to Joe Brierty and they are looking at the possibility of playing Cox Saturday

Just read it in online newspaper.

Walker is injured and may not play according to Joe Brierty and they are looking at the possibility of playing Cox Saturday

Just read it in online newspaper.
I don’t think he said anything about Walker not playing. He just said that he’s nursing an AC joint which is something he’ll be carrying for a while.

Tough calls at selection give health of the list. Cox available for AFL according to Meriman.

Cox for Davies the obvious one.

Then I suppose Walters for Aish, but I prefer Aish as sub as can plug any gap. Walters can go to Peel and coach Delean and Simpson until he's fit and firing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back